eBay Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated 12 Nov 2020

4.1
eBay CEO Jamie Iannone
Jamie Iannone
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "good to work"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON

I worked at eBay full-time for more than a year

Pros

good benefits, bonus at the end of the year

Cons

no cons as far as I can think of

November 9, 2020

Hello and thank you for the very nice review! We appreciate you taking time to let us know that you enjoyed the benefits and the end of year bonus process. We too feel that eBay has excellent benefits and takes care of its employees. If you can think of any other feedback you'd like to share, please feel free to do so by emailing us at glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

2. "great place to work - Leadership Issues"

Former Employee - Back Office Analyst in Austin, TX
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at eBay full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits Good group of colleagues very effective training

Cons

Lack of transferable skills Leadership concerns growth opportunities are limited

November 30, 2020

Thanks so much for this review. Happy to see that you enjoyed your colleagues and benefits during your time with us. Sorry to hear about your frustrations. If there's more you'd like to share with us, email glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

3. "Don’t get suckered in"

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at eBay full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benefits that start on day one. Sabbatical every 5 years. Work from home position. Pay is decent at $16.50/he with shift differentials. Working from home is a big plus. They send all necessary equipment.

Cons

Literally everything about the actual job. Went through a four part interview process for an entry level position which was not as described in the actual job posting or by the recruiter. I was actually pretty excited about working for eBay when I was hired and about 4 weeks into training. Trainers and coaches really try to sell eBay as the greatest company you could work for the first couple of weeks of training. Honestly started to feel a little culty, but you believe them and you feel excited until you realize the training is a joke and it doesn’t prepare you at all for the job. The amount of information that is thrown at you is overwhelming and you are expected to be an expert in all aspects of eBay. Was told everything changes frequently so don’t get too comfortable. Everyone in the training class felt ill-prepared prior to taking calls. The knowledge base is very difficult to navigate. Have to navigate through multiple programs while on a call while trying to understand the member’s issue within impossible time frames and metrics. Unless you actually buy and sell extensively on eBay and know about their policies beforehand, don’t apply. Or do and get paid for training and dip out.

November 12, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback. The benefits here at eBay are excellent and we're glad you agree. We are sorry to hear, however, that you felt that training didn't prepare you for the job, and that you felt unprepared to take phone calls when you arrived on the call floor. We are constantly working to evolve the training to make it a world class type of experience. If you have additional feedback you think would help in that process, please send it to glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

4. "Ok to work here for a few months"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in San Jose, CA

I worked at eBay full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work remotely, advancement opportunities, good benefits.

Cons

Pay is not so good, too many roles with not enough pay, forced to move into another role even if you are unwilling to do so.

October 20, 2020

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We're glad that you've appreciated the agility of eBay's remote work policies, especially throughout the COVID19 pandemic. Sorry that you feel the salary isn't sufficient enough - we would recommend speaking with your supervisor about this. If you'd like to share any other comments with us, please reach out to glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

5. "Overall not bad"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Campbell, CA

I worked at eBay full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits that I miss now that I joined a crappy startup. Well defined tasks and it is kinda luck depends on the manager and team.

Cons

High dependence on the manager with no process in place to protect employees.

October 20, 2020

Thanks for your comments. We're glad you enjoyed your benefits while you were with us - best of luck in your current situation! If you have any other comments you feel like sharing, email glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

6. "A Great place for growth and opportunity"

Current Employee - Software Engineer III in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fantastic leader, Good Benefits, Awesome new Joinee ramp up plan and nice work environment.

Cons

Not that i think of

October 19, 2020

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. It's always wonderful to hear that your onboarding experience and mentorship have been top-notch so far. If there's something else that you'd like to share with us, email glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

7. "Working at eBay"

Current Employee - MTS1 Software Engineer, Quality in Austin, TX

I have been working at eBay full-time for less than a year

Pros

--I have recently joined eBay (4 months), it is a very good experience for me. --Very good benefits including health --Good management, open-minded, You need to self-manage yourself to figure out and get things done. This truly helped me to achieve many things in my short tenure. --All the management is very transparent about what they are looking from the employees. --Competitive pay

Cons

--There is no consistent process between the teams, the company is still working to maintain the same processes between the teams. This is truly an opportunity for employees to improve the process.

September 10, 2020

Howdy and thanks for your detailed review of eBay! We're glad to see that you've enjoyed your time with us - especially regarding benefits, compensation, and our passionate leaders. Sorry to hear about the process frustrations that you've felt - if you'd like to share any more comments about how we can improve, let us know at glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

8. COVID-19

"Amazing culture with a worthy mission"

Current Employee - Director of Operations in San Jose, CA

I have been working at eBay full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Culture. A corporate mission employees vcan get behind. Good benefits.

Cons

Have not experienced any and onboarded during COVID 19

October 20, 2020

Hi there and thank you for sharing your comments with us. You're right, empowering people and creating economic opportunity for all is definitely a mission that employees can get behind! Sorry to hear about you not experiencing onboarding during COVID19 - it's an unprecedented time and we appreciate your flexibility to jump right in. If you have any other thoughts you'd like to share, feel free to email glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

9. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Support Agent in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at eBay full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits and salary, and culture

Cons

None more than any other. Would be nice to have the work from anywhere option

September 8, 2020

Hello and thank you for your review! eBay has conducted a company-wide survey regarding the future of work and we should be hearing results and next steps from that survey at our October 1st all-hands meeting. Looking forward to it! If you have any other comments you'd like to share with us, feel free to send an email to glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

10. "Nice environment"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Singapore

I worked at eBay full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

nice environment with good benefits

Cons

red tape as parent company based out of US

September 15, 2020

Hi there and thanks for your review! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed eBay's environment and benefits while you were with us. Sorry that you felt there was "red tape" to navigate through - if you have any advice on how eBay can improve, let us know at glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 98 English Reviews