eDreams ODIGEO Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 17 Mar 2020

3.6
eDreams ODIGEO CEO Dana Dunne
Dana Dunne
Pros
  • "A lot of benefits: free coffe, new & nice offices in the heart of Barcelona (including a terrace)(in 25 reviews)

• "Nice office, good for inexperienced(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Algunos departamentos no tienen un career path muy definido(in 9 reviews)

• "(in 8 reviews)

"Excellence!"

Current Employee - Account Assistant in London, England

I have been working at eDreams ODIGEO full-time for more than a year

Pros

Terrific company. I spent a year and a half there and enjoyed my time there. A very positive experience for me.

Cons

Only positives for me.

eDreams ODIGEO2019-07-24
  2. "After Travel Customer Support Advisor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at eDreams ODIGEO full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

getting in touch with various companies and improving the know-how

Cons

nothing to mention at the present time

eDreams ODIGEO2018-11-24
  3. "Good place to work, although some improvements can be mad"

I have been working at eDreams ODIGEO full-time

Pros

Good atmosphere and very talented people

Cons

There should be more flexibility on working hours / coditions

eDreams ODIGEO2018-09-10

"eNightmare"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at eDreams ODIGEO full-time for more than a year

Pros

Felt like a start up company.

Cons

All the best people left, the others made redundant. Career changes difficult. Lack of coherent strategy, general confusion. Almost all projects closed and transferred to the low-cost Barcelona Office.

eDreams ODIGEO2016-04-03

eDreams ODIGEO Response

April 4, 2016Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We note you are a current employee of eDreams based in our London office, so we would like to encourage you to share your concerns with your line manager and / or HR Business Partner as we want to be able to support you and your colleagues further. We take our employee's concerns seriously and have recently run a second annual employee engagement survey in order to receive feedback from the business, in terms of what is working well and where we need to improve. Once again, thank you for taking the time to feedback on where we need to improve, we are encouraged that you felt able to share this with us.

Continue reading

"Not for everyone, but great for some"

in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at eDreams ODIGEO

Pros

You are very independent, with your boss often in another country. There is lots of opportunity, as things are generally quite inefficient. Occasional travel to Barcelona which is great. Work hours are pretty much 9-5. They often promote from within the organisation

Cons

It's poorly resourced and infrastructure isn't great (although improving), so you get caught up in operational activities often. No real training offered. Management can be quite poor in areas, although there are some great managers. Generally everything is a bit frantic, with little planning. Sometimes the only way to get promoted is by being in Barcelona.

eDreams ODIGEO2015-11-11

"Not somewhere I would reccomend"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England

I worked at eDreams ODIGEO full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are lovely, it's in a great part of London and working for an OTA can be great experience

Cons

Everything is dictated by HQ in Barcelona - this is a market that is behind the UK so frustrating being told to implement ideas that you know cannot work in this market, refusal to invest in marketing in the UK means that you're unable to undertake any real activity that can drive brand awareness and market share, senior management do not listen to advice of experienced colleagues - why hire people if you are never going to listen to the experts advice on the areas/topics you hired them to manage. I didn't stay for long as working somewhere where you have no budget, no resource, are forced to implement policies you know cannot work in the UK and have your advice constantly ignored can be - you know - a little demoralizing. Finally some of the things done to customers are seriously concerning, being asked to cover that up, rather than look at improving customer service - highlights that there is an issue of not seeing the customer in what they do. Finally, you would think a travel company would offer benefits such as discounted travel but it does not. In fact the overall package in the company - holiday 20 days - is below the average usually provided in the UK.

eDreams ODIGEO2015-08-24

"Great Company to work for"

in London, England

I have been working at eDreams ODIGEO

Pros

great people and many nice projects. very good benefits

Cons

could be a little bit more competitive within the market

eDreams ODIGEO2015-04-30

"Nice sector but very unbalanced and confused"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at eDreams ODIGEO full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People are friendly and kind and always willing to help. The company is well known and established so good for experience but there is no process to follow which makes things hard for the employee. Location is centric to London and this is good if you live in the city. Nice brands to work with especially edreams as the website is changing lots. Lots of opportunity for the company.

Cons

Head office is in Barcelona and is very difficult for employee who is in different offices as we are always last to hear on business updates. People are nice but not very happy as they don't pay well or give much opportunity for career.

eDreams ODIGEO2015-05-12

"Very nice people, exciting sector but poor company culture"

Sales Manager in London, England

I worked at eDreams ODIGEO

Pros

The sector is very dynamic and the company's brands are very popular which makes the work much easier (Sales).

Cons

The company doesn't have any company culture and this is reflected to the employees.

eDreams ODIGEO2014-12-10

"High Profile company with no clear vision or structure. Employees are just a number."

I have been working at eDreams ODIGEO full-time for more than a year

Pros

* London location * Views of the Thames * Water fountain and free tea and coffee * Staff at junior level are very friendly * Head office in Barcelona * High Profile company - well know in the travel industry * 9 - 5.30 working environment * Public company - recent IPO in Madrid * Multicultural office

Cons

* No long term strategic goals * Limited communication on company performance * High staff turnover - so many bright experienced employees have left the company * Internal processing systems are very old * Working on projects which will ultimately mean your job will be at risk * Decisions are made for a quick win for the current owner * Local Markets are dictated to by HQ * Staff are very stressed- no support offered by senior management to manage workload generated by head office * No personal development - no internal/external courses available to develop staff * Markets are currently going through restructures. And call centers are being forced to close. Lots of centralization happening. Job insecurity * Hard to leave company as having edreams on CV can be prohibitive when looking for a new job * No canteen - weekly fruit delivery which is eaten within two hours as this is the only perk * No staff benefits - no travel discounts

eDreams ODIGEO2014-12-22