easyJet Reviews in Luton, East of England, England | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.1
easyJet Chief Executive Officer Johan Lundgren
Johan Lundgren

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great benefits including staff travel" (in 47 reviews)

• "Really fast paced and loads to do" (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Hard to get used to the long hours and variable start times" (in 27 reviews)

• "Work/life balance still needs to get better - trust people to WFH" (in 9 reviews)

1. "It was an experience"

Former Contractor - Accounts Payable Clerk in Luton, East of England, England
    Former Contractor - Accounts Payable Clerk in Luton, East of England, England

I worked at easyJet as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Really well managed, friendly staff, regular bus service from the staff car park which was at some distance, fantastic staff cantine

Cons

Because of the size of the company your role tends to be narrow in focus.

"Okay place to work"

Current Employee - Office Worker in Luton, East of England, England
    Current Employee - Office Worker in Luton, East of England, England

I have been working at easyJet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good flexible working time
    Management can be nice depending on who you have

Cons

Facilities are dreadful
    Hard work to get to
    Hot desking culture as company hiring in a very small hangar with no room for expansion

Advice to Management

Move the head office it's being outgrown.

5 Mar 2019 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you very much for your review. Our office environment has definitely taken the hit whilst we have grown fast over the last few years so that is on our priority list for this year. We hope... More

"Great place to work. Very good atmosphere"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Luton, East of England, England

I have been working at easyJet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very interesting projects to work on.
    Growing company and team. CEO stating "easyJet aims to stay as the most data driven airline of the world".
    Very good atmosphere in the data science team.
    Projects regarding optimisation, prediction and statistical testing in different areas of the business like revenue management, operations planning and analysis, engineering & maintenance...

Cons

Staff travel is only possible with easyJet. No ZED agreements, no staff travel with other airlines :(

14 Jan 2019 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to leave your 5 star review. It is great to hear that you are enjoying your time with us - we hope you carve a great career for yourself here. Thanks

4. "Pilot manager"

Current Employee - Pilot Manager in Luton, East of England, England
    Current Employee - Pilot Manager in Luton, East of England, England

I have been working at easyJet full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunities, benifits, vibrant, dynamic, fun

Cons

Flexibility, loyalty scheme, it systems need to catch up

14 Nov 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review. A 5 star review from an employee who has been here over 10 years is really something! We continue to provide opportunities and make... More

"Legal team sinking"

Former Employee - Legal Advisor in Luton, East of England, England
    Former Employee - Legal Advisor in Luton, East of England, England

I worked at easyJet full-time

Pros

Oh boy, social life was awsome

Cons

Lack of career opportunities, poor salary, management is a joke, extremely high turnover rate

Advice to Management

If you do not invest in people they will keep leaving.

2 Jan 2019 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. We wish you all the best for your future career. Thanks

6. "Job"

Current Employee - Fraud Analyst in Luton, East of England, England
    Current Employee - Fraud Analyst in Luton, East of England, England

I have been working at easyJet full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great working environment, staff oriented management, flexible working options

Cons

No cons that I can think of

Advice to Management

Refurbish offices

14 Nov 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you for leaving your 5 star review. Please continue your hard work and enjoy your career with us. Refurb of the office is on the priority list I assure you

"Fast-growing Data Science team in the wannabe most data-driven airline in the world!"

I have been working at easyJet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

With the recent investments in the latest cloud technologies and the appointment of a Chief Data Officer, this is the best time ever to be a Data Scientist at easyJet.

The team is very laid back & friendly and still medium sized (around 15 data scientists) but it will be twice as big in the next 12-18 months.

The most interesting part of the job is the broad range of projects you could end up working on (and in such a complicated business!), which is quite a unique opportunity -- unless you work for a consulting firm.

Also, given the scale of the business, a successful project could easily have a huge impact on the company revenue/profit, which is quite rewarding.

Very supportive and competent senior management. There's budget for personal development and training (online courses, conferences, books, etc.).

With the expansion of the team, there's lot of room for career progression for anyone who has the ambition of becoming a future leader. Salary is in the average of data science market in London area. Staff travel tickets are great!

Cons

Poor facilities, in particular IT equipment (such as monitors), and noisy open-space office (not ideal for coding and staying focused). But management is aware of the issue and is taking concrete actions to fix it. A much better workspace is expected to be delivered in the next couple of months.

IT service desk can be extremely painful to go through, especially for the initial setup.

Advice to Management

Work harder to get your employees better working conditions and their productivity will grow massively. So said, keep believing in the power of data, you really have a chance to reshape this company!

31 Oct 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your 5 star review! It is always great to hear about our employees enjoying their time with us, and believing in where we are heading. As you... More

8. "Great company to work for"

Former Contractor - Credit Control in Luton, East of England, England
    Former Contractor - Credit Control in Luton, East of England, England

I worked at easyJet as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Adult environment, Friendly co workers, support available.

Cons

contract not long enough would have been great to have longer.

Advice to Management

none.

9. "Amazing place to work as a data scientist"

I have been working at easyJet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fantastic, growing Data Science team with very smart but casual people. Everyone is easygoing. There are a lot of PhDs so there is a semi-academic research environment.

- Excellent work/life balance with the right amount of pressure to keep you on track but not to overstress you.

- Challenging and interesting projects with real impact on millions of passengers per month. One of the few cases that your work does change the world.

- Compensation is above the market average and the benefits are good, e.g, stuff travel, shares scheme, bike to work etc.

- The company overall has a very inspiring atmosphere. People dream big and there is this orange family vibe that truly makes you feel part of the organisation.

Cons

- If you decide to live in London, commuting can take between 30min and 1.5 hr.

- The current infrastructure is being upgraded and the building is being renovated. While it will be amazing in 2-3 years, currently it looks a bit old-fashioned.

- At the moment there are no complimentary drinks and fruits for employees although soon the company will introduce them.

Advice to Management

While the two genders are balanced in the company, the technical teams seem to have more males. While this is representative of the market, the management should try to attract more females in technical positions.

Keep up the good work and keep the communication channels with the team open. The team is growing rapidly so try no to lose this feat. It is what makes the team fantastic.

19 Sep 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi. First of all thank you for taking the time to leave this review & wow, what a lovely review it is! The pros you mention are exactly what we try to perceive ourselves as in the market so we are... More

"Wonderful place to work."

Current Employee - Test Analyst in Luton, East of England, England
    Current Employee - Test Analyst in Luton, East of England, England

I have been working at easyJet full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing company to work with. Very friendly people.

Cons

No much fun at work. Everyone is too focused only on work and their is very less fun arranged by company or team.

2 Oct 2018 – Operations Recruiter

Hi, thank you very much for your review. It is always great to hear our employees review us positively. You make a valid point regarding social / fun, but the Culture Committee do organise a fair... More