hedgehog lab Reviews

Updated 3 Jun 2021

Found 91 of over 121 reviews

4.9
hedgehog lab CEO Sarat Pediredla (no image)
Sarat Pediredla
Pros
  • "Hedgehog Lab have really done everything they can to support their employees during COVID(in 20 reviews)

• "The Work Environment is excellent and All our Colleagues are very helpful(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I honestly can't think of a negative about hedgehog lab that would make me feel hesitant to apply to work here(in 7 reviews)

• "no job security(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Incredible people, building exceptional products

26 Apr 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Genuine, thoughtful and savvy CEO Central office location, flexible working styles embraced People-centric benefits and rewards Diverse and complex learning environment, great mentorship and internal coaching opportunities

Cons

The lab won't be for everyone, but, if you thrive in the grey, are willing to take a few risks and enjoy making decisions at pace, it's a really incredible spot.

CEO

Thanks for the feedback. Great to see our comms are resonating and we are working to improve this always

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Company that truly cares for their staff

6 Apr 2021 - People and Culture Lead in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Open and honest culture. Approachable management. Great perks and benefits for staff focused on L&D and wellbeing. The company really cares about being progressive and doing what's best for their people.

Cons

I don't have any negatives.

CEO

Thank you for the feedback. We always strive to stick to our values, although I admit we don't always succeed.

3. 5.0

Hedgehog lab full-time for more than 6 months

8 Feb 2021 - Senior DevOps Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Passionate about deliverables, experienced, talented and hard-working people.

Cons

Can't think of any cons, so far!!!

CEO

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It's really appreciated.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work at

19 Nov 2020 - Senior Developer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work at with great people and clients. Hedgehog Lab have really done everything they can to support their employees during COVID. The wellbeing of their employees is so important to them and have helped people feel less isolated when working from home by having monthly virtual socials amongst other things. Hedgehog lab communicate well to their employees and update everyone with new project wins, company changes and other news.

Cons

Can't think of any cons, all good so far!

CEO

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback. It's great to hear the efforts of the People & Experience team during Covid have been appreciated.

5. 5.0

Supportive framework and culture

7 Jul 2020 - Frontend Developer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive culture with allowance for development and training Outstanding support and strategy during Covid crisis Leadership clarity Enabling culture: encourages employees to participate in company culture and take an active interest in strategy Actively seeks to improve and enhance culture and team Attempt to address issues (not behind closed doors)

Cons

Agency work means inevitably at behest of client and their culture, with a demand/requirement to meet demands on their terms

CEO

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Easily the best place I've ever worked.

6 Jul 2020 - Android Developer in Newcastle, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The level of support received at Hedgehog Lab has been second to none. Projects have all been interesting and fulfilling.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of any.

CEO

Thank you for the kind feedback.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Junior designer

1 Oct 2020 - Junior Designer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment and good culture

Cons

Hard to progress your career

CEO

Thanks for your time to provide feedback. I know in the past career progression paths were unclear but we have put a great amount of emphasis on this in 2020 and I would certainly like to think this has improved. Ofcourse, we wouldn't meet the same advancement goals that a large enterprise can provide but Im sure we can beat job satisfaction and culture.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great place to expand your skills in a fair and inclusive environment

30 Aug 2019 - Marketing Manager in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Easily the most trusting and inclusive workplace I've ever worked in. Senior management and leadership genuinely care about their people and wellbeing - They're happy to entrust young talent with a lot of autonomy in their roles working on major projects with massive clients. Few places like it in the region. - Very flexible working arrangements, no feeling of surveillance or mistrust when asking to work from home or flexibility due to personal circumstances. They recognise the importance of work/life balance and follow through in that with their actions - Top of the line kit to get your work done, no dusty old workstations and low resolution monitors here!

Cons

- By the very nature of the industry, some long hours are required. But feel that the respect and trust shown by senior management makes you more inclined to put in the hours needed - Some hard decisions have had to be made over the last 12 months, but that's just the nature of such a competitive industry

CEO

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback. Agreed with you about the tough decisions. As Teddy Roosevelt said, "In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing."

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A supportive, inclusive and exciting place to work

27 Sep 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- It's full of passionate friendly people and there is a strong emphasis on teamwork, helping each other out, and praise when you’ve done well. - Flexibility and freedom when it comes to when and how you work; as long as you don't take the p*** and get your jobs done, it's all good! - There is a genuine drive to ensure workplace inclusivity and a good culture, within the workplace. Plenty of social activities too! - Exciting opportunities for career progression; management support your progress and ensure you aren't complacent; you will be encouraged to explore opportunities if you show interest in a certain topic. - They learn from tough situations/mistakes and are honest about it. - You get free breakfast, fruit and dart board access all day and beers after 3 on a Friday!

Cons

- An open plan office isn't for everyone BUT there are plenty of nooks, sofas and bean bags to plonk yourself on if you need to. - You don't get to choose what you work on but that is the nature of an agency! - I genuinely can't think of anything else!

5 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for the feedback. All great points and something for us to reflect on.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Enjoying work for the first time since my teenage years

2 Sep 2019 - Senior Account Manager in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Worked for huge corporate machines my entire life, opinion never valued beyond filling in a yearly form that no doubt got binned before passing go. The difference I now see at hedgehog is phenomenal, doesn't matter what the job title is, everyone has input here. It's a great culture to be part of, help always always available from all departments.

Cons

No real on site parking

3 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It's a huge privilege & responsibility to hear we can build a place that allows you to enjoy your work for the first time since your teenage years. We hope to ensure we keep that trust and continue to deliver satisfaction.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 91 Reviews