hedgehog lab Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated 22 Nov 2019

4.3
hedgehog lab CEO Sarat Pediredla (no image)
Sarat Pediredla
Pros
  • "hedgehog lab has flexible timings(in 19 reviews)

• "The work environment is collaborative to the core and there is absolutely no sign of any politics(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "No Cons to specify this is on of the best workplace for tension free , Nice work environment with good timings(in 9 reviews)

• "I wish hedgehog lab has better parking(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews

"The best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Lead Designer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at hedgehog lab full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very strong, talented team with great working environment and culture. Always given the time to grow, learn and develop. Makes you genuinely care about the business and those that work here. Like being part of a family.

Cons

Although the 'flat structure' is a wonderful thing, I think more of a hierarchical structure would help support and develop younger members of the team.

September 28, 2017CEO

Thank you for this feedback. I completely agree that leadership need to delegate more and trust more experienced members of the team to help and support our mission. We are continuing to coach the leadership team on this and their job is made easier by the talented people working for them.

"Great company with a lot more potential"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at hedgehog lab full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Staff are all very talented and constantly pushing themselves to deliver the best - Work environment is relatively relaxed, people are always friendly and helpful, and more social events are appearing - Upper management are transparent and encourage an open, honest dialog when you ask for it

Cons

- 2017 was a rough year and has had a lingering effect, but 2018 feels like we're back on the right track - The new office space, although looks nice, is still dysfunctional and a pain to use - Some (mostly older now) projects are a bit of a nightmare and can either be a waste of resources or unprofitable

May 2, 2018CEO

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback and some very good advice. We are working on an internal comms strategy so please expect to see more changes in this front.

3. "Totally different to the rest....in a good way...."

Current Employee - Strategist in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at hedgehog lab full-time for less than a year

Pros

An open and transparent culture. Everyone knows what's going on and more often than not everyone has a say in decisions and project direction. A relaxed working environment. People have fun. Staff socialise. But always get the job done. An open and adult environment that's respect by staff for the most part. Management and board level directors speak to staff with respect and value feedback and open discussion. Never experienced that before at any other company I've been at. Truly refreshing to hear your CEO admit he's wrong and put trust in a staff member. It makes staff want to perform better and be invested in the success of the business.

Cons

Certain roles seem to lack the structure of having a defined set of tasks. The existence of the internal company communication tool means that sometimes messages do get sent at unreasonable hours that could potentially impact on work life balance. This can be easily solved by turning off notifications but sometimes do feel like a response is wanted regardless of the time it's sent.

December 2, 2015CEO

Thank you for the valuable feedback here. Slack has been a boon and a curse at the same time. We are still learning Slack etiquette but you hit the nail on the head that no one is penalised for simply not responding as we encourage a healthy work-life balance (although ironically I know management need to practise this first hand). Very important point about lack of structure. As we have grown and continue growing we have been a company where everyone dives in to help where they can, so having a bit more structure around this is definitely useful. My advice would be, simply feedback to your manager if you feel uncomfortable doing a set of tasks. We will work harder in 2016 to improve this.

4. "Pretty damn awesome!"

Current Employee - Developer in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at hedgehog lab full-time for less than a year

Pros

+ Fantastic working environment + High productivity and produce high quality products + A really talented team which you feel a part of starting from day one + Great benefits including beer on Fridays and flexible working hours + Using the latest technologies and always looking for ways to improve + Large team that work well together in creating a product from start to finish + Relaxed environment and everyone feels more like friends rather than colleagues

Cons

+ A little more connection between teams would be beneficial the the company + More frequent 1-2-1s and feedback to understand how management think you are doing and progressing towards objectives

October 21, 2015CEO

Thanks for the feedback. We are victim of our own success and we have become so busy "doing work" that we have been lax on 1-2-1s and structured feedback. Rest assured this is something the management team is actively working on and hopefully will be a clear difference going into 2016.

"A breath of fresh air!"

Current Employee - Client Services Director in London, England

I have been working at hedgehog lab full-time for more than a year

Pros

Life at hedgehog lab is not like any that I've experienced elsewhere. MOST agencies offer a toxic experience of infighting, poor work life balance and management teams that simply do not care. At hedgehog lab I've not experienced this, it's been: - Great project mix - We select the best fit customers which cuts toxic ones out the mix. - Nurture environment - Transparent - Ablity to determine your role and evolve it - Team that gel well - Great working environment - Great coffee - Leadership team that actually lead - Weekly tiny pulse feedback as to keep the culture evolving and as to actively address any shortfalls. - Led by co-founders who have a Vision which makes you feel empowered and part of this. - Great benefits that actually add value and these keep being added too. - Career progression - To be able to work from home and not be judged - Family aware

Cons

None that come to mind, most have been addressed through TinyPulse

September 24, 2015CEO

Thanks for the advice. We are trying to get more of the global teams together so you will start seeing more cross-team mingling soon.

"Best place to learn technology in deep."

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Hyderābād

I have been working at hedgehog lab full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

New technology - Always new challenge. Good Working environment. Weekly snacks - monthly event

Cons

Depends on company required - they can remove you anytime . Good Developer don't need to fear - Bad Developer need to learn soon

Continue reading

""Awesome work place. Learn and Growth!!!."

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Hyderābād

I have been working at hedgehog lab full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Work Environment is excellent and All our Colleagues are very helpful. Our Managing Director will understand the employee's problems and sort out them quickly. hedgehog lab has flexible timings. I'm personally enjoying a lot working here. The company also encourages employees to improve their extra skills set.

Cons

I don't have to say anything about it.

June 6, 2018CEO

Thanks a lot for your kind feedback.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I have been working at hedgehog lab full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work on exciting projects is given at hhl. The work environment is collaborative to the core and there is absolutely no sign of any politics. Employees good performance is always rewarded. The company also encourages its team members to pick up varied skill sets and this contributes a lot towards their professional growth.

Cons

There is always enough client work and as a result their is limited time available for R&D or for working on internal products.

February 19, 2018Managing Director, India

Hi there, thank you for your positive review. Growth is a core value for us so it's good to see the feedback that it's transpiring so. As an organisation, we understand the importance of R&D and innovation and rest assured we are trying to find ways to make it work. And yes, as you would have observed from our recent wins, we are getting much better in signing-up clients that have a stronger balance sheet, which is thanks to the efforts you guys put in delivering fantastic work!

"A good company, still can be great."

Current Employee - QA Team Lead in Hyderābād

I have been working at hedgehog lab full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to learn and empowerment to try different strategies to show the result. It brings your creativity and enhances your experience. A fast-paced, fun-filled work environment that brings a lot of challenges and offers you to solve it creatively. Always ready to take new initiatives which add value to clients, succeeding in multiple initiatives while also suffering losses in few. As a result of these new initiatives, you always have a chance to learn and grow.

Cons

The leadership and management should take care of their good employees offering rewards and recognition. Employee engagement programs should be implemented to keep the good resources engaged.

February 19, 2018Managing Director, India

Hi, thank you for your positive review. Certainly agree on the employee engagement part. Our rapid growth has affected our ability to be on top of this recently. We have already started on the path to improve our engagement initiatives, and you will soon hear more about it.

""Best place to work""

Current Employee - Client Support Analyst in Hyderābād

I have been working at hedgehog lab full-time

Pros

- Best place for work. - Environment is so good. - Flexible Timings. - Stress free. - New Technologies. - Salaries.

Cons

No Cons to specify this is on of the best workplace for tension free , Nice work environment with good timings.

June 6, 2018CEO

Thanks a lot for your kind feedback.

Found 11 reviews