hireful Reviews

Updated 11 May 2021

4.4
hireful Founder  Adrian McDonagh (no image)
Adrian McDonagh
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Proud of hireful

11 May 2021 - Director in Freiburg im Breisgau
    Business Outlook

Pros

I think hireful is a great place to work. In the most recent employee survery 97% of staff said they are proud to work at hireful. The values can be seen throughout the business - Helpful, fun, honest, knowledgeable and friendly.

Cons

Some roles do not have a clearly defined career path but as the business grows this provides more options.

Chief Ideas Officer

Hi, Thanks for the review. This year's survey results were a pleasant surprise it has been a challenging year with remote working/COVID. We'll take on board your point about career development. This is always a challenge for smaller companies like ourselves, but most roles have really strong career development prospects (3/4 of our management team were internally promoted into their role).

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Really look after their staff

10 May 2021 - Digital Marketing in Bonn
    Business Outlook

Pros

amazing place work, only been there a short while but its been really lovely

Cons

no cons i can think of so far

Chief Ideas Officer

Hey thanks for the nice review. Pleased to see your hireful career is off to a good start!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

20 Apr 2021 - Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Welcoming, warm, friendly, helpful , great dynamic

Cons

don't have any cons at all

Chief Ideas Officer

Hi, Thanks for the review. It's been a tough last 14 months through all the lockdown/COVID related challenges. So really appreciate the help and support you and your colleagues have provided. Good luck, Adrian

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic company to work for

6 Apr 2021 - Account Director in Bonn
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great management, good benefits, fab colleagues

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

Chief Ideas Officer

Hi, Thanks for the review. It's been a tricky year with COIVD/lockdown so it's good to see that we have your support! Good luck for 2021 and beyond! Adrian

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Amazing culture, extremely welcoming staff

2 Oct 2020 - Content Writer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at hireful is spot on. It's energetic enough to keep you inspired, but the upper management are trusting enough to leave you to your responsibilities. There's a great balance between work and enjoyment, and I couldn't recommend this place highly enough. The setting is a big plus (countryside location, converted barn office), as is the pool table!

Cons

Honestly can't think of anything, sorry!

Chief Ideas Officer

Hi, Thanks for the review. It was a difficult period at the start of 2020 with COVID bringing most client's recruitment to a complete halt. We had to make some difficult decisions and reduce the size of our team. I really appreciate the understanding approach you took to this difficult situation. I hope you have got your career back on track now and hopefully we might be able to work together again in the future. Good luck, Adrian

6. 4.0
    Current Employee

One of the best teams I have ever worked in

17 Jul 2020 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely location, great team and flexible working. Founder passionate about recruitment and is innovative

Cons

Career opportunities generally limited but then it is a small business. Good place to up-skill. Lots of interaction with staff to ask opinions but they are rarely used - the workforce diversity is there but the open-mindedness is a bit lacking currently.

Chief Ideas Officer

Thanks for the review. Always good to read a balanced perspective on what we do well and what we need to improve. Great to hear that you think were a good place to work. I'll take on board your comments on listening to staff a bit better. As you mentioned, we move fast and look to innovate, but perhaps we could do with going a little slower sometimes and listening to our colleagues a little more. Keep giving us feedback and feel free to let us know directly if you don't think you are being listened to. We are building a great company but we can't do it without the help of you and your colleagues. Thanks Adrian McDonagh Co-founder

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

A great place to work!

1 Apr 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Northampton, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having been a member of the EasyWeb team for over 10 years (in various roles), I feel like I am very much, part of a family. Starting from my early days in a junior admin role I was supported and encouraged to grow and develop. Becoming the Events Manager - as the company began to run Recruitment Training workshops and webinars - was a great achievement for me as I felt my skills and strengths were really recognised. Now in my role assisting the finance team, I am supported - where needed - and left to work independently, perfectly. It is a great balance of being able to manage your own work load but also knowing I have the support and guidance from those with more experience where needed. It is also worth mentioning that not only have I formed lasting friendships whilst working at EasyWeb but I also met my Husband..! So I really do believe it this is a great place to work!

Cons

Further training to use internal systems could be available to members of staff who lack confidence or simply need a refresher. On a daily basis my job relies on being provided with the correct information from some members of the team. It is quite common that the information provided isn't always correct or up to date. I believe this is down to lack of understanding of systems and processes. Also I would love my husband to work less in the evenings 😉

Chief Ideas Officer

I have used my detective skills on this review as there are some pretty easy clues that let me know who I am replying to. EasyWeb is 65 staff and we have only had the one wedding (so far....there are a couple of other flourishing relationships between EasyWebbers but I have not been told "hold the date" yet). On a serious note, I take on board your comments about training of staff. I think it is typically a lack of training rather than a lack of willing on behalf of your colleagues. We have made some changes recently to improve our training and also onboarding of new staff and we are already seeing the results of some of this. As for your husband working less in the evenings.....I think Sean is a little "too EasyWeb" if that's possible. He loves the thrill of seeing our company grow perhaps a little too much. I recommend finding a good pub that is a dead zone for wifi/4G. Need to stop know as this is not really a forum for me to give you marital advice ; ) Thanks for the review, you are what makes EasyWeb great!! Adrian

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

My favourite job to date

4 Apr 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for a few businesses throughout my career and I can honestly say that this is my favourite place to date. Great location, plenty of parking, happy working environment, and a relaxed / grown-up vibe. My team is particularly awesome, but of course I am horribly biased. The senior management team are not afraid to listen, try new things and make changes to create a happy working environment (pool table, Alexa, new fancy desks, Pilates, free fruit) Plenty of social events too (but not too many!)

Cons

I can honestly not think of a single one at this moment in time. But I have only been working here for 4 years so that could change.

2 people found this review helpful

Chief Ideas Officer

Hi, Thanks for the great review. Love to hear that your team is awesome! As founder, I am always up for new ideas, so make sure you let us know if you also have ideas on how we can improve or maintain the great environment we have. I think the plants idea is a good one and I suspect we will get this sorted soon! We hear you! Good luck for the next four years and hopefully more with EasyWeb!

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Career i now love!

14 Aug 2019 - Internal Account Manager in Strixton, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I came to Easyweb as a complete change of career, having never worked in a recruitment environment before. Everyone made me feel so welcome and my team i initially joined were great. Within a year i was promoted internally, in fact i had 2 new roles i could of applied for, so there are definitely opportunities to progress within the company. I am loving my new role and challenges and have a brilliant line manager and team.

Cons

When on a call especially conference calls there can be a lot of back ground noise either from colleagues around you or the pool table. Hopefully we will be getting new phone systems that may help counteract this.

Chief Ideas Officer

Hi, Thanks for the review. Just scrolling through and noticed that I did not reply to this one, so apologies for the delay! It's great to hear how positive you are about career development and how much you are loving your job. I take on board your comments about noise in the office. The office has been a lot quieter this year as everyone has been forced to work from home! Good luck for the future with hireful! Adrian

10. 5.0

I love it here

13 Mar 2019 - Recruitment Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working at EasyWeb for nearly a year now and I absolutely love it. - My managers are supportive and we have a great relationship. I feel they are investing time and effort into my development and career. - Lovely working culture. In our team we do lots of activities outside of work too like bowling, pub quiz, meals out, etc. - There's no 'office politics' that you often find in larger companies. Just friendly, genuine people who are focused on doing a good job. - Opportunity to work with some brilliant clients across the UK.

Cons

There isn't a communal space to eat lunch but plenty of places to go for a walk nearby.

Chief Ideas Officer

Hi, Thanks for the 5 star review! Really love your positivity and it's great to hear you love our culture here, we work hard to try and build a great team and working environment. Thanks Adrian

Viewing 1 - 10 of 38 Reviews