hireful Reviews

Updated Aug 3, 2021

Found 41 of over 43 reviews

4.4
hireful Co- Founder Adrian McDonagh (no image)
Adrian McDonagh

227 Comments

Tech

84.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=hireful~794990
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall a great company to work for

Jul 15, 2021 - Recruitment
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice and friendly atmosphere Supportive managers

Cons

Career progression is limited Salary and benefits could be improved

Chief Ideas Officer

Thanks for the review. Pleased to see you are enjoying working here. We have worked hard to ensure we have a great team and a great culture. It's been a challenging 18 months what with COVID/lockdown but we think our staff and managers have done a great job under difficult circumstances. I take on board your points about career progression and salary. We are a growing company who work hard to ensure this is a place where people can grow both in terms of their development and earnings. Our average length of tenure is almost 6 years. That said, we want to make sure everyone has a clear plan for how they can develop here so make sure you raise this with your manager. Thanks once again! Adrian McDonagh co-founder

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Still my favourite role to date

Aug 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people, everyone is so friendly and accessible (including senior management) I have met some of my best friends here. Nice offices in a quiet location. Great managers who are willing to hear and try your ideas and really do want the best for you.

Cons

Salaries are quiet below industry average, so much so that even though I took a step down in responsibilities, it still came with a significant pay increase compared with hireful's salary. Whilst the rural location is lovely to work in, it would be very tricky to commute to if you relied on public transport.

Chief Ideas Officer

Hey! Thanks for the positive review. Great to hear you enjoyed your time here and met some great friends. We've worked hard to build a great culture so it's great to hear feedback like this. We will also take on board your points about salary. This is not always easy to get right but we have a great team here and do our best to ensure that they are rewarded for the great work they do. Good luck in your new role.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company

Jun 23, 2021 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great services and values- great place to work

Cons

No problems at all, very helpful team

Chief Ideas Officer

Hey thanks for the 5 star review! Short and sweet, but it appears you are getting on great here. If you do think of any improvements we can make do let us know as we are always keen to hear how we can improve. Good luck, Adrian McDonagh co-founder

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Proud of hireful

May 11, 2021 - Director in Northampton, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I think hireful is a great place to work. In the most recent employee survery 97% of staff said they are proud to work at hireful. The values can be seen throughout the business - Helpful, fun, honest, knowledgeable and friendly.

Cons

Some roles do not have a clearly defined career path but as the business grows this provides more options.

Chief Ideas Officer

Hi, Thanks for the review. This year's survey results were a pleasant surprise it has been a challenging year with remote working/COVID. We'll take on board your point about career development. This is always a challenge for smaller companies like ourselves, but most roles have really strong career development prospects (3/4 of our management team were internally promoted into their role).

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Really look after their staff

May 10, 2021 - Digital Marketing in Wellingborough, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

amazing place work, only been there a short while but its been really lovely

Cons

no cons i can think of so far

Chief Ideas Officer

Hey thanks for the nice review. Pleased to see your hireful career is off to a good start!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

Apr 20, 2021 - Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Welcoming, warm, friendly, helpful , great dynamic

Cons

don't have any cons at all

Chief Ideas Officer

Hi, Thanks for the review. It's been a tough last 14 months through all the lockdown/COVID related challenges. So really appreciate the help and support you and your colleagues have provided. Good luck, Adrian

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic company to work for

Apr 6, 2021 - Account Director in Northampton, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great management, good benefits, fab colleagues

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

Chief Ideas Officer

Hi, Thanks for the review. It's been a tricky year with COIVD/lockdown so it's good to see that we have your support! Good luck for 2021 and beyond! Adrian

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Amazing culture, extremely welcoming staff

Oct 2, 2020 - Content Writer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at hireful is spot on. It's energetic enough to keep you inspired, but the upper management are trusting enough to leave you to your responsibilities. There's a great balance between work and enjoyment, and I couldn't recommend this place highly enough. The setting is a big plus (countryside location, converted barn office), as is the pool table!

Cons

Honestly can't think of anything, sorry!

Chief Ideas Officer

Hi, Thanks for the review. It was a difficult period at the start of 2020 with COVID bringing most client's recruitment to a complete halt. We had to make some difficult decisions and reduce the size of our team. I really appreciate the understanding approach you took to this difficult situation. I hope you have got your career back on track now and hopefully we might be able to work together again in the future. Good luck, Adrian

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

One of the best teams I have ever worked in

Jul 17, 2020 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely location, great team and flexible working. Founder passionate about recruitment and is innovative

Cons

Career opportunities generally limited but then it is a small business. Good place to up-skill. Lots of interaction with staff to ask opinions but they are rarely used - the workforce diversity is there but the open-mindedness is a bit lacking currently.

Chief Ideas Officer

Thanks for the review. Always good to read a balanced perspective on what we do well and what we need to improve. Great to hear that you think were a good place to work. I'll take on board your comments on listening to staff a bit better. As you mentioned, we move fast and look to innovate, but perhaps we could do with going a little slower sometimes and listening to our colleagues a little more. Keep giving us feedback and feel free to let us know directly if you don't think you are being listened to. We are building a great company but we can't do it without the help of you and your colleagues. Thanks Adrian McDonagh Co-founder

10. 5.0

Brilliant place to work

Sep 27, 2019 - Executive Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very welcoming, Clear Training, Help when needed.

Cons

No cons to mention at all.

Chief Ideas Officer

Thanks the short and sweet review! Sounds like you are off to a good start with us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 41 Reviews