i2i Events Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated 21 Sep 2016

3.9
i2i Events CEO Phil Thomas (no image)
Phil Thomas
0 Rating
Pros
  • "It is fast-paced which is a pretty over-used word but this is what the company is(in 14 reviews)

• "Good working environment with lots of break out areas and meeting spaces(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "The fast-paced environment is not for everyone(in 10 reviews)

• "Don't bother applying if you aren't 100% committed; it's quite a fast paced environment, and it can be very much sink or swim(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "A fabulous place to work"

Recruitment Partner in London, England

I worked at i2i Events for less than a year

Pros

If you are looking for fast-paced, exciting, fulfilling, demanding and rewarding place to work and build a career at, then i2i Events is all of that and more.

Cons

None come to mind as i2i are market leaders and continue to evolve

Continue reading

"Excellent environment with a great chance to develop and grow your role."

Marketing in London, England

I have been working at i2i Events

Pros

Expanding company brings with it new opportunities Well rewarded if you deliver results Very progressive in its thinking Strong social scence

Cons

If you can handle a fast paced environment you will thrive

Continue reading

"If you are lucky enough to be given an opportunity at i2i, GRAB IT!"

Current Employee - Marketing in London, England

I have been working at i2i Events full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Even on a short term contract role, opportunities are endless; the company doesn't release talent. - Hard working, enthusiastic, innovative employees, are rewarded accordingly; there's an amazing benefits scheme. - i2i Groups events are the leaders in each of the sectors they serve; therefore excellence in everything we do is expected, and you have a real sense of pride in your work.

Cons

- Don't bother applying if you aren't 100% committed; it's quite a fast paced environment, and it can be very much sink or swim.

February 10, 2015HR Director

Thanks for your review. We are pleased you feel that the benefits package we offer across TRG is great and competitive. Retention of talented employees is an area that we are really focusing on this year and we will be launching initiatives around this

"If you want to be challenged and rewarded, come to i2i!"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at i2i Events full-time for less than a year

Pros

i2i Events delivers endless opportunitiies and a platform to develop your skills. The training is personal and tailored to individual's needs and strengths; no rule books used and the outlook of the training is focused on how to craft your skills rather than what you do wrong. The overall outlook of i2i Events is positivity; everyone has a can do attitude and is passionate in everything they do.

Cons

i2i Events has an extremely fast paced atmosphere, if you do not enjoy that kind of environment then you could find it tough. Saying that, management are encouraging, supportive and from my experience have their team's backs! There are lots of social functions and opportunities to meet people from other teams and the TRG perks are brilliant!

February 10, 2015HR Director

Thanks for your feedback. We are continuing our focus on training for this year including our i2i sales academy, master classes, financial training, core skills training, coaching and our successful Emerging Leaders Programme. At i2i, as you know we enjoy the social side so look out for the 2015 social events from i2iTogether who ensure that life at i2i is engaging, interactive and fun.

"Brave, entrepreneurial and growth focussed company which happens to run events"

I have been working at i2i Events

Pros

High risk, high reward culture Nothing is impossible - the perfect place to make your own success and build your career - but you need to push it yourself, don't expect to be handed it on a plate - you make your own luck Fast paced and entrepreneurial spirit Supportive, 'human', hands on and honest senior management team Market leading brands and products International portfolio and business Celebrates success Great place if you don't have an events background - recruits for talent and skill Gives huge responsibility and accountability for those who want it (and guidance where needed) Excellent CEO

Cons

Harder for the teams who don't work on market leading brands 90% order and brilliance, 5% insanity - although that's the bit that lots of us like...5% Wolves of Wall Street (without the illegal bits)

March 20, 2015HR Director

Thanks for taking the time to write this review and for your feedback. We have really tried to create a culture where nothing is impossible and where responsibility and autonomy is there for people who welcome it - those who want to be ambassadors, entrepreneurs and explorers!

"Forward-thinking company which invests in its people"

Current Employee - Content Producer in London, England

I have been working at i2i Events full-time for more than a year

Pros

Creative and rewarding work where excellent people are given a chance to shine and pride is highly valued. This is a modern company with a fresh vibe, a young, vibrant workforce and a work-hard play-hard attitude. Management are excellent and will help you go far as long as you prove yourself worthy of their efforts.

Cons

These aren't really cons, but if you apply for a position at i2i, remember that the events industry is a fast-paced and occasionally competitve environment where you will be expected to work very hard, be relentlessly positive and really push yourself. It is not the kind of company where you will get your hand held in the sense of getting everything offered to you (you will be supported though, especially if you've not come from an events background). Don't apply unless you are prepared for this.

February 25, 2015HR Director

Thanks for your comments. I am glad that you value 'Elite'. We will shortly be communicating the programme for this year which will be every bit as excellent as last year.

"The company has evolved and changed full circle since I joined the business. This change has been 100% for the better."

I have been working at i2i Events full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great leadership team. Striving to always be innovative. If you want to be part of a company that is growing, fast paced and constantly evolving - this is the company for you.

Cons

Not a negative but i2i is an immensely fast paced and transparent business. If this is not the working environment you sit well in - this is not the place for you. We carry no passengers!

March 20, 2015HR Director

Thanks for taking the time to post your review and your positive acknowledgement that change has been 100% for the better. We are a company where change is expected -we strive for continuous improvement which is achieved through constant evolution and innovation.

"Expect a lot, rewards with equal measures"

I have been working at i2i Events full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

i2i is a dynamic, fast paced, brave and exciting buisness to work in. Great opportunities for those who give it everything!

Cons

There is a very high expectation levels for delivery across the business - but thats not such a bad thing!

"Great Culture"

I have been working at i2i Events full-time for more than a year

Pros

I’ve worked at i2i Events for two and a half years and is a completely different organisation to when I joined and its great to be part of its journey to become a truly international business. I’ve huge respect for the leadership and proud to work on market leading brands but most of all what I like about working here is the people. The people are great which has really shaped the open and fun culture where and there is always mutual respect. There are often social gatherings where so many people participate (more than other organisations I have worked for) which is testament to how well different teams get on with each other and enjoy working here.

Cons

The fast-paced environment is not for everyone.

"A great culture and very rewarding workplace"

Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at i2i Events full-time for less than a year

Pros

i2i is a really dynamic company, with great scope for training and development. It's a very rewarding company to work for and as a result employees here are very passionate and driven in everything they do. There is a very strong culture of work hard, play hard. The work pace here is fast paced but for me and my colleagues this is an environment we thrive in. To recognise the hard work, there are socials held on the last Friday of every month for all employees. As well as this there is a social committee who are continuously organising social outings for the employees. Employees are regularly communicated to by the CEO and he is always very active amongst the business. It's a great place to work!!

Cons

Selfishly the only downside is the commute for me!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 English Reviews