i2i Events Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated 21 Sep 2016

3.9
i2i Events CEO Phil Thomas (no image)
Phil Thomas
0 Rating
Pros
  • "It is fast-paced which is a pretty over-used word but this is what the company is(in 14 reviews)

• "Good working environment with lots of break out areas and meeting spaces(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "The fast-paced environment is not for everyone(in 10 reviews)

• "Don't bother applying if you aren't 100% committed; it's quite a fast paced environment, and it can be very much sink or swim(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "A fabulous place to work"

Recruitment Partner in London, England

I worked at i2i Events for less than a year

Pros

If you are looking for fast-paced, exciting, fulfilling, demanding and rewarding place to work and build a career at, then i2i Events is all of that and more.

Cons

None come to mind as i2i are market leaders and continue to evolve

i2i Events2016-07-07

"Great people, great products; time for some fresh thinking"

Sales Manager in London, England

I have been working at i2i Events for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good offices, despite the poor location. The company takes employee engagement seriously and offers a grown-up but fun environment. The products are all very high quality and people are generally passionate about their work. The company believes itself to be fast paced, but that is really an illusion created by the dizzying cadence of corporate change that happens in and around the people doing the work. I put that as a pro because the constant change provides opportunities for career progression that are otherwise not an inherent feature of the business.

Cons

The brands are very strong, but with that come expectations that leave no margin for error. PDs through to sales execs are annually handed relentless budgets that preclude anything other than all hands on deck, full ahead charge at selling exhibition space/driving footfall. Whilst this has driven what is now a very slickly aligned sales and marketing process, it has come at a cost. Talented people are left wondering how many more event cycles of doing exactly the same thing but with a higher target they can muster enthusiasm for. Meanwhile, a lack of creativity or innovation around product offering has led to a uniformly transactional level of customer engagement and so a conspicuous lack of non-exhibition based revenue across most events.

i2i Events2016-09-21

"Marketing"

in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at i2i Events

Pros

Fast paced environment. Great place to learn and develop skills further. Open office space and fun socials.

Cons

Hard work is not encouraged enough in Marketing. Whether you work hard or not seems irrelevant when it comes to pay. Too many people in management are doing nothing. Corporate change and strategic plans are not transparent at all. "Train and Retain" - I don`t think so.

i2i Events2016-02-27

"Hard work gets you recognised..."

Sales

I have been working at i2i Events

Pros

If you bring the right attitude to work and have high career aspirations, this will be recognised by senior management (across the board!) due to the fast paced nature of the company, opportunities will come around frequently, so keep an eye out on any internal HR emails!

Cons

It seems some people are credited for not doing an awful lot, but simply play he game very well. If you are used to your manager sitting down with you fortnightly/monthly for a catch up or to discuss career devlopment, don't expect your manager to necessarily arrange this. Use your initiative to schedule in meetings and set out a clear career development path with them!

i2i Events2015-10-07

October 8, 2015HR Director

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and your feedback around career development. As communicated last week, on the 19th October we will be launching our career clinics - 12-2 every day for that week. This will give an opportunity for anyone who wishes to, to take career advice, discuss development plans and highlight development options.

"Opportunities are endless"

I have been working at i2i Events full-time for less than a year

Pros

Managers trust you and give projects that will stretch and develop you, the opportunities are endless there is always scope to get involved in new exciting things.

Cons

It’s very fast paced, so may not be for everyone

i2i Events2015-09-25

"Best place I have worked"

Head of Marketing in London, England

I have been working at i2i Events

Pros

I have been working within the marketing team for three years now and can only recommend i2i. It is fast-paced which is a pretty over-used word but this is what the company is. Lots of opportunities to develop your career and exposure to a lot of different projects. This is your company if you like being challenged, want to move your career forward and like working in teams - while still wanting to have a good work/life balance. i2i is also the most social place I have worked at with monthly socials, summer and Christmas parties plus lots of after-work drinks during the year.

Cons

can't think of any negatives

i2i Events2015-09-28

"Great place to work"

I have been working at i2i Events

Pros

Friendly environment, made by some really great people who work here. Very fast paced, not a moment when you're bored. Brilliant social culture.

Cons

Due to the marketing structure, everyone is so specialized and sometimes can become a bit repetitive.

i2i Events2015-09-08

"Fast paced, go getting company."

Current Employee - Ed in Paddington, England

I have been working at i2i Events full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A fast paced, exciting events company. Working with talented people in a supportive and transparent and entrepreneurial culture. Great brands and growing all the time. The company has changed fundamentally in the past few years, definitely for the better.

Cons

May be a lack of awareness of the different roles and opportunities available in the business.

i2i Events2015-08-12

August 18, 2015HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review-your feedback is important and really helps shape how the business moves forward. Thanks also for your advice around secondments and job swaps- this is one of the areas that was highlighted in our recent engagement survey and we are looking how we can maximise opportunities in this area.

"A great culture and very rewarding workplace"

Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at i2i Events full-time for less than a year

Pros

i2i is a really dynamic company, with great scope for training and development. It's a very rewarding company to work for and as a result employees here are very passionate and driven in everything they do. There is a very strong culture of work hard, play hard. The work pace here is fast paced but for me and my colleagues this is an environment we thrive in. To recognise the hard work, there are socials held on the last Friday of every month for all employees. As well as this there is a social committee who are continuously organising social outings for the employees. Employees are regularly communicated to by the CEO and he is always very active amongst the business. It's a great place to work!!

Cons

Selfishly the only downside is the commute for me!

i2i Events2015-08-05
  10. "fun place to work"

Key Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at i2i Events

Pros

it is a fun and very fast-paced environment

Cons

it is a little hard to see where my progression will be

i2i Events2015-06-26

June 30, 2015HR Director

many thanks for taking the time to write a review. We take career progression seriously and as we outlined last week when we announced the results of our engagement survey it is something that we will be following up on.

Found 22 reviews