i2i Events Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated 22 Sep 2016

3.9
i2i Events CEO Phil Thomas (no image)
Phil Thomas
0 Rating
Pros
  • "It is fast-paced which is a pretty over-used word but this is what the company is(in 14 reviews)

• "Good working environment with lots of break out areas and meeting spaces(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "The fast-paced environment is not for everyone(in 10 reviews)

• "Don't bother applying if you aren't 100% committed; it's quite a fast paced environment, and it can be very much sink or swim(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews

"Great company to work for"

5.0

I have been working at i2i Events

Pros

Dynamic working environment with plenty of training and development opportunities

Cons

Need to be able to work under your own steam - great for me

i2i Events2015-02-07
  2. "A great place to work"

I have been working at i2i Events

Pros

i2i is a professional, fair, and enjoyable place to work, the people are at the top of their game and the products are of good quality. The company takes employee engagement seriously and looks to support progression and innovation. Thinking outside the box is encouraged and sharing expertise is valued. The company understands the need for adaptation and invests in research to inform product and business changes. Honest analysis of the products is constant and effective. Team management is supportive and understanding with advice and mentoring always available A good number of women in senior leadership roles provides a balanced working environment.

Cons

The workload on most people is too high to allow for much creativity or long term thinking. Budget cuts on important events mean it is not possible to deliver an experience to visitors which rivals more innovative competitors Morale onsite is low, in part because marketing are treated differently to sales with the former staying in much cheaper accommodation There lots of vacancies at the moment with the majority coming about in large part due to workload not allowing for individual/personal excellence - causes frustration in the caliber of people i2i recruits The company becoming a PLC has not yet had a discernible positive impact on employees

i2i Events2016-09-22

"Similar to being in a long winded and boring but ultimately well paid office based version of Royal Rumble"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Paddington, England

I worked at i2i Events full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

So you walk into the office and are greeted by a lovely receptionist. "Good morning" she says, and I think she really means it. You then carry on downstairs to the kitchen and dining area, wooden table, kind of rustic, microwaves and Bosch fridges, ample space for snacks, great stuff. View? Mainly of a construction site opposite the office, one time I saw a guy sleeping in a crane, fantastic banter I had from that. You sit down at the desk, greeted by various 'Hellos' from your colleagues, I'd say about two thirds really mean it but by this time I'm so gassed from the receptionists 'Hello' that I don't really mind. Maybe there is some light banter to start the day, depending on how stressed everyone is. The banter and comeraderie is really quite something at i2i, tbqh some of the best banter I've had maybe anywhere, and I've worked at nigh on 3 Wetherspoons. The day continues to amble along, punctuated by various moments of banter, snacks and visits to the Bosch fridges. Workload? Boy, it can get tough in the heat of the salesfloor but the comeraderie and bnater really help you pull through. I felt like no matter what, we were all in this together, y'know? Really quite something that feeling. The day usually ends with you kind of looking at the internet for half an hour because they make you finish at 5.30 instead of 5, but I quite like the internet so this is no bother to me. 7.5/10 for work timing. General positive vibes: Have to be honest, the CEO was a really great guy. Sure, he was busy, but have you tried running a multi-million pound company before? Shucks, it must be tough. But he was down to earth and friendly, always ready to shoot the breeze with the fellas, a class act imho. The food options in and around the office were also of a high standard. Itsu for the sushi-heads, a burrito place for the Mexican-heads and a Pret-A-Manger for the Pret-A-Manger-heads. Couldn't complain about this aspect, if anything I enjoyed it a bit too much, haha! Also they had really great showers, perhaps some of the best I've used in my professional career. Hot? Yes, definitely. Cold? It was available but that's not my thing, but maybe it can be yours if you choose to work at such a place as i2i. All in all, some great features in the work environment, including some top-of-the-range banter and superb eating and hygine arrangements.

Cons

You know that old saying: "There's no smoke without fire"? Well that phrase has nothing to do with i2i, because they mainly do most of their work via computer and have little to no time for physical flames in and around the work place. Having said that, I must admit that all was not perfect in the world of i2i, although it may seem that way from my 'pros' section, which you can read just above this section here, which is labelled 'cons'. For example there were many times when I felt belittled and perhaps even treated as a child by middle management, which, if you took the chance to read my 'pros' (the section just above this one, the 'cons') you'd see that I had nothing but enthusiasm for the company, and wished it and it's rustic wooden dining table nothing but good will. No but seriously, it does have a massive problem with valueing appearance and internal politics over ability. The amount of times I saw people hired off the back of how they acted and dressed with little to no thought on how well they could do a job was criminal for a company of this level. I counted the over 35 people had come and gone in the time I was there just in my team alone, that's in a team of 10, so a new team every year. Also the insiduous way middle management went about their business felt Machiavellian at times, seemingly content to undermine and slander employees they did not like in what felt like long winded attempts to drive them out. Also, have you ever tried just eating Sushi, Mexican and Pret-A-Manger every day for 3 years? Holy smokes, it can get a little trying. I mean, I love a burrito as much as the next man but a man cannot live on burritos alone, y'know?

i2i Events2015-12-07

"Fast paced company that rewards high performers"

I have been working at i2i Events full-time

Pros

Dynamic company on a fast paced growth journey. The business' desire to grow and internationalise has created and continue to create numerous opportunities for its employees to grow and develop with it. Recognition and reward are core to i2i's values. Expectations are high but if you are a consistent excellent performer the reward potential is also high. i2i is a business where you can build a career. There is a track record of star performers progressing, often carving out their own career path. Good working environment with lots of break out areas and meeting spaces.

Cons

If you aren't keen on a culture based on high performance and change, i2i events isn't for you. Change is a given at this proactive company but so are opportunities for growth and development. The matrix system can be challenging to navigate, in particular for new starters. The SLAs and turnaround times as a result of the matrix structure can also be frustrating and are not always conducive to a dynamic, fast paced company.

i2i Events2015-03-06

"Endless meetings and micromanagement"

2.0
    Former Employee - Conference Producer in London, England

I worked at i2i Events full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good work environment and office - Very social, events and perks available - Training opportunities

Cons

- Micromanagement in crisis, benign neglect when doing well to the point where people are complacent - Reactive management - Claims to be focused on long term goals but no breathing room with short term objectives - Hire and fire for sales people, a bit of a revolving door

i2i Events2015-01-08

i2i Events Response

February 11, 2015CEO

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate that you took the time to give us this input. Planning long term and how to deal with downsides has been and continues to be an area that we are focusing on. As a business we have moved swiftly from being passive to reactive and are now far down the road on becoming a fully proactive business. Many of our divisions have already achieved this transition and rest assured that this is very much our plan. We aim to never be complacent with our successes and also to plan for potential market challenges

6. "Young and dynamic! Going international so plenty of opportunities right now"

I have been working at i2i Events

Pros

Young and progressive culture Good benefits Continuous training and learning and development programs are fairly good Open minded and stimulating work environment, even for sales people

Cons

Needs to focus more on keeping existing clients happy as the company goes through the restructuring of its operations Marketing has been drastically restructured, the company lost many talented marketers as a result.

i2i Events2014-01-01

"Marketing Partnerships Executive"

I have been working at i2i Events full-time for less than a year

Pros

fast-paced, innovative, challenging, supportive, flexible working environment

Cons

Sometimes a little too much responsibility and unrealistic expectations from management

i2i Events2015-12-03

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews