iCar Asia Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 25 Jun 2019

Found 34 reviews

3.8
Damon Rielly
  1. "A Fast Paced & Challenging Environment; Perfect for Career Growth!"

I have been working at iCar Asia full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Fair & competitive reward for high performers - Decent work/life balance - Great colleagues - Fast paced & exciting environment - Management practices an 'open door' policy and is fair - Very satisfying to see awesome results so quickly after executing ideas - Have seen young members of our team step up and flourish with additional responsibilities and have been rewarded for their efforts

Cons

- Needs more initiatives to build culture and togetherness

Advice to Management

- Mix it up with the troops in the trenches - Continue the single minded focus of getting iCar Asia to the top

iCar Asia2014-02-21
  2. "I've been an entrepreneur all my life - I've never seen a greater opportunity than at iCar Asia"

Current Employee - Chief Information Officer in Kuala Lumpur

I have been working at iCar Asia full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked in startups and big corporations. iCar Asia is the best of both worlds. Our Product and IT team alone is like the United Nations - we have smart people from all over the world working together to make great things happen. The rest of the company is the same. You don't have to believe the "propaganda" - facts are facts: Fast growing company (grown from a few of employees to 200+ in 18 months) Already...

Cons

This is a fast paced environment where we build and learn and do it again. Anyone who has ever worked for a successful startup knows it can get messy at times but it also opens doors for new opportunities. It opens doors for people to really step up their career to make a difference. That is what separates the long established player and an innovative startup.

Advice to Management

Go hard or go home! (quoted from Patrick Grove!)

iCar Asia2014-02-17

"Disappointment in management"

I have been working at iCar Asia full-time for less than a year

Pros

Beautiful Office Great Staff Decent Remuneration Good work life balance CIO that listen and appreciate talents Great IT team Wonderful Consumer Marketing strategy

Cons

Mid management cannot handle the truth Hires Managers that does not know the business and not willing to listen. in turn thinking that they have seen the whole world, actually just the sky from the bottom of the well Draggy process in hiring Unable to retain key person/ stake holders. Managers who don't know how to appreciate employee. Demoralize employees.

Advice to Management

STOP! and listen. not just hear what your employee got to say. Then take action Be willing to clean up mess and not sweep it under the carpet Managers will need to use more common sense not the so called "experience" Its fine to be bias but just ensure this person is an asset to the company and not just someone who sings music to your ears. A neutral HR is badly needed.

iCar Asia2014-02-19

"Top-heavy, mismanaged, and arrogant work environment"

I have been working at iCar Asia full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Decent remuneration 2. Decent work/life balance

Cons

1. Too top-heavy, not enough people doing the actual work 2. Everything is basically outsourced 3. Arrogant and manipulative C-level management 4. Excessive corporate propaganda

Advice to Management

Nothing they would care to listen to.

iCar Asia2014-02-09

iCar Asia Response

February 14, 2014CEO

Dear Anonymous, I'm very disappointed to read your post. I'm passionate about our company and what we are doing. To think that someone in the business feels the way you do concerns me greatly. I welcome you to discuss this with me, I am always available and very open to your ...

Found 34 reviews