iPlay America Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.8
Bob McDaid
  1. "Good First Job"

I worked at iPlay America part-time

Pros

Fun place to work for a first job. Worked here in high school and it was pretty great. Made lots of friends and had good, respectful managers.

Cons

No cons, I had a great experience here.

iPlay America2018-12-18
  2. "ok for a first job"

I worked at iPlay America part-time

Pros

they'll hire anyone most of the staff is ok

Cons

incompetant coworkers poor pay terrible abuse from customers crowded work enviroment unsafe rides often frustrated on your feet for about 7 hours feels lonely working alone

iPlay America2018-10-15
    • "Easy task but a lot of wierdos working there"

Current Employee - Ride Operatior in Freehold, NJ
      No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at iPlay America (Less than a year)

Pros

easy job and flexible work hours.

Cons

boring work environment and weird workers

Advice to Management

hire more competent people

iPlay America2018-06-11

"Ride Operator"

I worked at iPlay America part-time

Pros

***General Overview*** When you think of a first job you think of horrible managers, a company that only cares about their bottom line and that You are the scum on the operation. iPlay America does not fit that stereotype. Supervisors all the way up to the General Manager truly care about their jobs and the company they work for. They will help you when you need it, reward you when you deserve it, and encourage you...

Cons

iPlay America always seemed to have staffing issues while I worked there. They would take almost anyone they could get and this led to a lot of bad apples being hired. It truly boggles my mind how some of the people who got hired, were hired. I respect management significantly and believe they wouldn't hire someone if they felt they would be an issue which is why I found it surprising how some people managed to be hired....

Advice to Management

Don't change. As far as the management I worked with goes, they all offered their own personalities while still doing their job well.

iPlay America2018-02-15

"STAY AWAY"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Freehold, NJ

I have been working at iPlay America full-time

Pros

convenient parking and easy commute

Cons

WARNING: STAY AWAY! I unfortunately did not have a positive experience working for this company. I found the corporate culture to be unappealing as it was extremely unprofessional. I was taken back by the behavior of my colleagues, who acted in an immature manner. While there is a high turnover rate, it induced excessive stress. I wish the best of luck to whomever is hired here in the future. I advise future employees...

Advice to Management

Consider restructuring your corporate culture. It is not a positive environment to work in.

iPlay America2018-01-29
    • "Room for Career Growth and Development, Many Leadership and Training experiences"

I have been working at iPlay America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company consistently works towards culture improvement Many learning and development opportunities provided to all levels of team members Upper Management is ever-present Team Member Benefits & recognition programs, including a yearly scholarship program Opportunities for advancement Yearly evaluations & rate increases Open door policies Safety & security

Cons

You have to be willing to work nights, weekends, & holidays Can be overwhelming to those who can't handle large crowds

iPlay America2017-11-17
    • "Ride Operator"

I worked at iPlay America part-time

Pros

Indoors, employee discount, good lunch break time

Cons

Cold, Management didn't care a lot, cliquey staff, ride were terrible, unsafe. Would not go back or let any of my friends go there.

iPlay America2017-09-20
    • "Not bad, but could have been better."

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Freehold, NJ
      No Opinion of CEO

I worked at iPlay America full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people you work with are great. That was the only hard part about leaving that job. You create great friendships with staff and park management (ie. Supervisors & ops manager). Very good for a first job. Gives you a lot of experience when it comes to customer service. I was promoted twice in the two years that I worked there. Yearly evaluations/raises.

Cons

Late nights. Low pay. Crazy schedules. Understaffed. Working 24/7. 8-10 hour shifts. I was definitely given the run around when I left. Upper management made it seem like I could no longer keep my position due to budget restrictions but seeing what is going on now that definitely was not the case.

Advice to Management

Communication.

iPlay America2017-03-06
    • "annonomous"

I have been working at iPlay America full-time

Pros

Great company to work for. There is a very enthusiastic management team that treats fellow team members with respect adhering to the iPlay culture and values

Cons

Sometimes you need to work long hours

Advice to Management

Keep growing the way you are.

iPlay America2017-02-01

"Could be better"

I worked at iPlay America full-time

Pros

Gave lots of experience in different departments. Great to pull from this experience for other interviews.

Cons

Low pay. Things are consistently changing - even if you thought you knew something that morning, could change by evening. Expected to know about multiple departments without training. Difficult work schedules - could work till midnight one night then 9am the next morning. No set schedule for full time employees. Poor benefit options for full timers.

Advice to Management

If the processes were streamlined and the job descriptions were more clear, it would be a great business and wonderful to work for.

iPlay America2016-11-30