iTech Media Employee Reviews about "itech"

Updated Nov 11, 2021

Found 12 of over 66 reviews

4.4
iTech Media CEO Harley Kisberg (no image)
Harley Kisberg
0 Rating
Pros
  • "I really mean it when I say iTech is such a nice place to work(in 9 reviews)

• "Flexible working, remote working(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "iTech does not make complicated web applications that require any real thought(in 4 reviews)

• "Difficult to progress, as the company is growing fast(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

62 Comments

Tech

284.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=iTech Media~1573490
    Join the conversation on

Reviews about "itech"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Simply the Best.

Nov 11, 2021 - Web Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wow. What a whirlwind of opportunity, growth and excitement. Itech is an amazing place to work and honestly more than I could have ever dreamed of. I'm fortunate to be working in one of the most lucrative and exciting careers available but iTech does not disappoint on this front. Clear career progression, ample opportunities to grow/learn everyday and they put a real investment in you. To everyone involved, thank you.

Cons

With so many perks, it's hard to say anything negative here. My only nit-pick would be the working hours. I've seen other companies in this space offer a better work/life balance such as more generous working hours or a 4-day week (which actually have been proven to work).

3 people found this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great perks and flexibility, but cult-like culture with little product substance

Oct 7, 2021 - Content Editor
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible working, the company is really good at advocating 'working your way'. - There are some great company benefits (vitality, great offices, WFH budget etc), - Some great talent

Cons

Honestly, i'd rather just be paid more and what I deserve instead of receiving random post packages and being invited to 367236 random coffee zoom 'chats'. The benefits are great, but there's way too much emphasis on that at iTech. More focus should be on nurturing the talent you have and financially rewarding those in a proper way, instead of throwing empty 'work perks' at everyone, constantly. Honestly, the benefits worked on me when I first joined and i thought 'this is great!' , but after a year of working in a fast-paced team with an abundance of challenges, those 'perks' now mean nothing and i'm just left very aware that my pay grade is substantially less to what I could be receiving elsewhere. The culture is very much cultivated towards extraverted people who don't mind shouting about their successes. The AGILE way of working means that some squads are underrepresented / given less of an equal chance to shine due to less people/resources (the irony being it's these squads that have higher output).

16 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A genuinely nice and flexible place to work

Jun 22, 2021 - Engineering Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- I really mean it when I say iTech is such a nice place to work. Everyone is extremely friendly, people work very collaboratively across teams, there's a good mix of capabilities within engineering and, with the company growing so much, lots of new tech coming in - The culture here is fantastic. We're truly encouraged to try/fail, share our knowledge and care about the work we do/one another - Career development is encouraged and spoken about openly. Lots of squiggly moves - Lots of benefits, flexible and remote working, training budget and dedicated training days every other Friday, social events, volunteering time, paid lunch on Fridays... - Cool, dog-friendly office in Camden with nice drinks and snacks!

Cons

The company is growing fast so still finding its feet when it comes to processes and structure

5 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Looks good on paper but fail to deliver

Jun 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of room to grow and learn Easy to switch career path Great colleagues Ideal if you want an OK salary and not too much stress

Cons

iTech Media is an agency, and as you could expect in an agency there is a high turnover. People tend to disappear from one day to another without explanation. The list of perks is so long that it's almost the only things they communicate about, it tells you a lot of what to expect. Career path at iTech depends on three things: Your relation with the 'heads of', you relation with the two brothers running the show (and their close friends) and your luck with the squad/product you are being assigned.

20 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Truly blessed to be working at iTech!

Jun 10, 2021 - Assistant Management Accountant in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at iTech for just over 6 months and it feels like I've been here a lifetime already. Personally I see so many pros and feel blessed for being a part of the Arc family! Aside from all benefits the company has which are some of the best I've come across, I have seen myself grow in so many ways since I've joined. I do know that the leadership listen as in my 1st 3 weeks of joining I was asked to give feedback and some of which I was truly fearful of giving (as I know in some organizations feedback isn't taken very well) but they listened and I could see the changes in the next couple weeks. I have witnessed multiple changes in my few months of being here all from feedback given from various Arcs and it's really heartwarming to see that :)

Cons

With any startup that's scaling quickly comes challenges and it's not always a smooth ride but a bumpy one heading upwards and onwards. Overall it's a great place to work in and I wouldn't have it any other way.

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

One of the best people first org I ever worked

Jun 8, 2021 - Product Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

iTech really understood the benefit of investing in people and giving importance to employee wellbeing. Everyone I met at the organization is really friendly and supportive. The business is fast growing and it presents its own challenges. One needs to be really dynamic to adapt to the changes to be successful in the job. I would look forward to work with this amazing bunch of people again in the future.

Cons

Career progression opportunities need to be more transparent. Please use a different provider for IT support.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture, but not very challenging

Mar 8, 2021 - Full Stack Engineer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Absolutely amazing culture! There is so much fun packed around every corner and everyone works really well together. You are listened to and your ideas have real weight inside your team. Everyone is super happy and there is a real positive vibe everywhere you look. The company has so many great employee benefits and they keep adding benefits all the time.

Cons

For me, the work that I am doing is not challenging. iTech does not make complicated web applications that require any real thought. In-fact the sites very rarely have anything dynamic/real-time on them at all. Furthermore there is no desire to move to anything other than PHP which would interest a lot of other developers. During the day I can quite easily get away with watching Netflix and giving 40% while still receiving recognition for great work. Praise is often awarded to extroverted employees and/or people who put themselves in the spotlight. For introverted people it's difficult to get any recognition at all because of this. Awards are given out to the employees with the highest amount of recognition in the company and it feels unfair and like a popularity contest to the people who are working super hard every day but don't put themselves centre stage. Everyone is super happy. While this is a pro, it is also a con for me. I don't like the super happy environment, at times it feels superficial and makes me feel like I'm depressed because I'm not as happy as everyone else.

9 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Company to work for!

Jan 18, 2021 - Marketing Executive in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for iTech Media for almost 2 years and I’ve had a very positive experience. I really cannot see myself working anywhere else as there is no negatives I can say for iTech. My interview process was easy and I was offered the job the same day on my way from the interview. Since then I was welcomed into the company and have progressed me leant new skills and developed on my strengths. iTech offer great benefits and allow you to be yourself at work. On my first week at work I remember the CEO and COO saying they want to make iTech the greatest place you will ever work and I truly believe they are doing that!

Cons

N/A. I can wholeheartedly say there are no negatives.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Truly the best company to work for

Jan 18, 2021 - Assistant Editor in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

When I started at iTech, I couldn't really believe that a company could actually have all the benefits they said they did. They go above and beyond to make work as fun and exciting as possible and the benefits/perks are endless. Each week there's something new to look forward to. The culture is so positive and collaborative and everyone that works here is so welcoming and helpful. I really can't imagine working anywhere else.

Cons

Can't think of any which says a lot!

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A truly wonderful place to work.

May 13, 2020 - Department Head in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many positive things about being a part of the iTech family. Having worked for numerous large and small businesses across the globe it's such a pleasure to work for a company that actually puts its people first and lives by their values rather than just having them on their website. The ambition is palpable and the people inspiring. Benefits are unrivalled which is great but more importantly you can bring your whole self to work and, never be judged and just concentrate on producing great work.

Cons

It's not easy to get a job at iTech, but this is understandable as it is set up to only bring the best people into the business and ensure the current employees will only be surrounded with the very best people.

5 people found this review helpful