mthree Reviews

Updated 2 Jul 2020

3.7
mthree CEO Alex Headley  (no image)
Alex Headley
Pros
  • "The job has many benefits on top of the paid training program before going on-site with your team with an investment banking firm(in 16 reviews)

• "fast track intro to investment banking(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons for working with Mthree since I have been here(in 4 reviews)

• "Poor compensation for 2 year contract (so have to wait 2 years to actually make money)(in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A very entrepreneurial company"

5.0
    Former Employee - Head of Blockchain, Emerging Business & Technology Services in London, England

I worked at mthree full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very driven, I loved working there tbh. They took a gamble on the Blockchain division which was followed through for 6 months. I cannot fault them. Great team, great people, fun and dedicated to getting a chance to all grads to thrive.

Cons

TBH, I did not see any while there. The rules and deals were explained. Deadlines are deadlines, rules are rules. Simple.

Continue reading
  2. "Great company to help graduates get into IT/Dev roles at Investment Banks"

Former Employee - Production Support Analyst in London, England

I worked at mthree full-time

Pros

They have close relationships with many investment banks (IB) and can remove the barriers to entry to getting a job at an IB (versus the long recruitment process if you go the conventional route) Initial training provided is very good to bring people from different backgrounds up to speed. After 2 years of being on-site at the client (IB), you are very likely to convert to a full time employee.

Cons

In the initial 2 years, you will be underpaid (but still paid a decent amount starting on 25k in London with 7K pay rises every 6 months)

3. "Good foot in the door"

Current Employee - Alumni Associate in London, England

I have been working at mthree full-time for more than a year

Pros

Gets you working for a major bank and teaches you lots of skills specific for that role

Cons

Progression levels are very rigid so no chance to progress at faster pace

June 11, 2020

Good afternoon, Thank you for your review. I am so pleased that you have found mthree a good foot in the door, hopefully this is the start of an exciting career! We are really proud of our client base and the specific roles on offer and work in partnership with our clients to ensure the training you receive is relevant and gets you off to a strong start. Part of the mthree programme has always been the opportunity to accelerate your career, with the upfront training, regular reviews and placing you in interesting roles. Of course with any role you need to work your way up but you should always feel you are learning and progressing. Youwill have a designated Engagement Manager who is a great person to discuss career progression with as an initial step. I would advise to reach out so you can discuss further, I am also at hand if you would like to discuss and can be reached on katherine.snodgrass@mthree.com. Kind Regards, Kat Snodgrass (katherine.snodgrass@mthreeconsulting.com). Head of Alumni Talent

"Really good company"

Current Employee - Alumni Associate in London, England

I have been working at mthree full-time for more than a year

Pros

- As a graduate they place you in as a consultant on a two year 'grad scheme-esque' programme in a tier 1 investment bank which provides opportunity that you wouldn't normally get. - They have an astonishing client portfolio- a lot of the top wall street banks. - Good communication with their consultants - Friendly, welcoming, good culture - Paid 4 week training on-site - Regular events organised - Regular salary increases every 6 months for duration of contract. Final year salary is pretty competitive.

Cons

- Can be slow to reply to you when needed, and often re-schedule meetings although this is a symptom of their growing/scaling pains - Poor salary in the first 6 months (for London), but post 6 months this increases to a competitive level.

April 28, 2020

Good Afternoon, Thank you for your review, I am really pleased to see your positive comments. We are continuously expanding and will make sure to take on-board your feedback as we are always looking at ways to improve and develop. Kind Regards, Kat Snodgrass (katherine.snodgrass@mthreeconsulting.com). Head of Alumni Talent

"Low level roles for graduates"

1.0
    Current Employee - Production Support Analyst in London, England

I have been working at mthree full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Free training - Provide low level roles in Investment banks - Some of the other graduates are nice to work with

Cons

- Sell a dream of a career in Investment banking but in reality are peddling low level roles in banking - IT support etc. - Jobs for the boys culture - All the senior management including the CEO are ex recruiters

December 16, 2019

Good Afternoon, I am disappointed to read your feedback although confused by some of your statements. Our programmes provide graduates with a first step into Investment Banking. Yes you are entering junior positions in investment banking, but as graduates you will have no prior experience. The Alumni programme provides you with the opportunity to work hard, take on more responsibility, develop your career and become a subject matter expert whilst receiving training and support. You mentioned a ‘jobs for the boys culture.’ At mthree we have 34% female representation which is far above the national average and have a culture of collaboration and inclusivity. I am both a senior manager and female. I can confirm that not all senior managers are recruiters, including myself. We have Senior management from a varied range of backgrounds including finance, education, HR, fintech, client services and consultancy. We have open conversations with all graduates joining the programme. Graduates are not tied into mthree during training or placement onsite yet we have a 94% success rate of individuals transitioning to client site at 2 years. Graduates would only continue a career and transition to the bank if they were enjoying what they did and saw career progression. I would be interested to discuss the points further please email katherine.snodgrass@mthree.com

"Good benefits and salary, too much work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Integrated Designer in London, England

I have been working at mthree full-time for more than a year

Pros

Have the chance to stand out

Cons

Very bad social aspect, too busy

"Transitioned from Alumni to Alumni Pro Contract"

Current Employee - Alumni Pro Consultant in London, England

I have been working at mthree full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Good opportunities which would be difficult to find on my own. They have genuinely kick-started my career and given me a solid foundation for my CV. - Kept looking for roles for me and paying my normal salary even though I was on the bench for few months due to a previous SOW ending --> this is much appreciated because they took a risk not knowing if/when I will get a role. The trust and loyalty is greatly appreciated and its the biggest reason why I can recommend them. - Kept me up to date regularly on status while they looked for roles - Got to work on some mini projects and ad hoc tasks for various stakeholders while I was waiting for a role - Very friendly and helpful people in all departments, HR/Delivery/Sales/Marketing/etc. - Amazing office culture, gets quite lively when the trainees are around - Pool table and a great view :)

Cons

- Took a few months to secure a role - Would be nice if I was told about the Alumni Pro salary earlier (before going into the interview process) because it apparently varies depending on client. The first offer came down significantly less than I expected because the client was not a financial institution but MThree were kind enough to bump it up slightly to get closer to the expected value - although not quite the same as what I would get with a bank - but fair for the industry that I am going into.

Continue reading

"Alumni Associate Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I worked at mthree full-time

Pros

- If they accept you, it's kind of like having a recruiter who can place you at a major investment bank, if that recruiter also had in-depth knowledge of finance, offered you mock interviews and paid training (after you get accepted for a placement). - MThree has relationships with the world's most prominent investment banks. - Comparatively easy route to a job at JPMorgan-Chase, Morgan Stanley, HSBC, Nomura etc. - Breaks the "need a job to get experience but need experience to get a job" dilemma - Offer paid training - Invested time to make sure I was prepared for the placement interviews - Staff are friendly and responsive

Cons

- While their internal interview process was efficient, the external placement interview process was somewhat drawn out. This isn't necessarily a fault of MThree and can be attributed to the clients.

Continue reading

"Awesome company to start a software dev career with!"

Current Employee - Alumni Associate - Software Developer in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at mthree full-time for less than a year

Pros

• First and foremost: you may read on here that there is a clause in the contract which tells people to repay the cost of the training if they decide to leave before two years. This clause has now been removed and we were given new contracts which releases us from that. So don’t worry about that! • The quality of the training is great. It is aimed people who already have some experience in coding, but the basics are covered in order to get everyone up to speed. The technical trainers are knowledgeable and they build an environment which encourages you to ask questions, which, for me, wasn’t always the case at university. • The training is built to be very specific to what you’re actually going to be using whilst on-site. A class can be made up of some people going to one bank, some going to another, and some still looking to secure a role. MThree communicate closely with their clients and change the training based on what they need. For instance, most in our class didn’t require SQL, so we spent more time on Java so that they could get on site. Later, when I secured a role which required SQL, C++ and Javascript, that training was happily provided by MThree. • My training contract ended after 8 weeks, by which point I hadn’t yet secured a role. MThree were very happy for me to continue to come in to sit in classes which covered other technologies whilst the sales team continued to try to secure me interviews for other opportunities. The good thing here is that MThree by this point have invested a fairly significant amount of money into you in order to train you, and so they have a strong financial incentive to continue to help secure you a role. • The culture at the branch in London is fantastic. The alumni are well connected to the relationship managers and the rest of the sales team. A lot of recruiters elsewhere can often feel exploitative and dodgy, but the sales team here at MThree work really hard to match your strengths with the criteria of the clients, as well as trying to match your ambitions with the job roles. The recruitment process truly feels like it works in both directions which is very rare elsewhere as a graduate. • MThree is very much an up-and-coming company. They recently have received significant financial backing to expand, so now is a good time to get involved with them as they are rapidly expanding into new industries. • You have a lot of good options in regards to the future of your career, and they will help to shape it with you through the journey. The idea with MThree is to place you at a company as a consultant developer for two years. Every 6 months, you speak with your manager as well as with MThree to discuss how it’s going, whether additional training is needed etc. At the end, you will likely have the chance to either continue at the placed company as a permanent employee, or if you’d like to continue to explore, you can carry on at MThree as an Alumni Pro and get placed in another one of MThree’s clients, with an appropriate pay increase either way. • Pay is average initially but ramps up very quickly. At the end of two years, you are looking at 40-45k. • Other great employee benefits – gym membership, health insurance, pension scheme, access to more training etc etc • Senior management is very accessible. The Chief Technology Officer of the company is also a technical trainer, and he’s a fantastic teacher. • Honourable mentions: David and Ben are great technical trainers, and Kat, George and Olivia are fantastic sales staff who help to build your brand. You’re in good hands if you’re talking with them!

Cons

• A little bit of spotty communication between the company and graduates before the training starts. Once the training and employment has started, MThree get very good with communication, but there is a bit of room for improving communication with graduate applicants. It took me a while for the training to begin. However, this is often due to things outside of MThree’s control, like the changing needs of different clients.

"Great process"

Current Employee - Front Office Support Analyst in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at mthree full-time for less than a year

Pros

Contacted through LinkedIn and ended up onsite six weeks later, the recruitment consultant was fantastic throughout. The interviews with the client were extremely good and really relaxed me I was initially put off by some reviews on here that said they got training and never ended up with a job with a client, this is no longer the case, everyone on my training course was placed before the training started.

Cons

A bit slow to send a contract through, only received it the working day before I was supposed to start.

November 8, 2018

Hi, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Glassdoor. I am so pleased you feel the process was great, we have worked hard to ensure it is a positive experience for all involved. MThree continuously evolve and we will take onboard your feedback. Kind Regards, Kat Snodgrass (katherine.snodgrass@mthreeconsulting.com). Head of Alumni Talent

Found 53 reviews