n-Coders Reviews

60 Comments

Tech

238.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=n-Coders~1959195
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Exciting and rewarding work environment.

Apr 20, 2022 - Business Development Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

A fun and exciting work environment. Where individuals are encouraged to contribute ideas and have great opportunities and support to grow within the company.

Cons

Can be a bit too relaxed.

2. 5.0
    Former Contractor, more than 3 years

Flexible, Understanding and Friendly

Dec 21, 2021 - Software Engineer in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The organisation has been both understanding and accomodating of me deciding to undertake a degree; adapting to let me work remotely long before Covid became a thing, and working around my university and life commitments has meant I could be as flexible as I needed. Good quality computer equipment loans let me do my job quickly, and ease of communication with my manager & other colleagues meant I was never left waiting for anything too long.

Cons

Due to the nature of software, requirement changes can often occur frequently - sometimes a little to frequently without revised planning. You need to stay on your toes and not be thrown off my sudden changes.

Continue reading
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work and develop

Dec 19, 2021 - Marketing Lead in Redruth, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent opportunities for progression and regular salary increases. A variety of fun projects including game development, VR and app development. I always feel valued in sharing my thoughts and diversity of opinion is encouraged. Great prospects and future plans.

Cons

A more formal training process would be good, but I know this is being introduced in the new year.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Really flexible working and a wide variety of projects to work on

Jun 22, 2021 - Junior Software Developer in Looe, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible working hours - Friendly Staff - A lot of different projects to work on - Very understanding about personal issues etc

Cons

- Initial onboarding was difficult during covid e.g. thrown in at the deep end, however this is mostly a covid issue I imagine - Depending on preference, working on multiple projects can feel disruptive to some (Personally I don't mind as it keeps the work I'm doing fresh)

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great small team with lots of interesting projects

Feb 27, 2021 - Software Team Lead in Truro, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working hours and great people. There are always several projects running concurrently with lots of opportunity to experiment and learn new technologies. I have complete flexibility of whether I work from home or the office.

Cons

I certainly had to hit the ground running! Internal processes still need a little improvement, though that is something that's actively being worked on.

6. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Brilliant opportunity and flexible working

Aug 3, 2020 - Junior Software Developer in Truro, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working from home and flexible working. I choose my own working hours with no real restrictions. Good salary. Good mix of experience. As long as you're eager they give the opportunity to learn and work on any projects you might find interesting to develop your experience.

Cons

Working completely from home can be tough to start though they did provide a lot of communication and help with getting started, so this is more a situational issue given current circumstances (covid)

7. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Friendly small team, great experience

Jul 31, 2020 - Software Engineer()
    Business Outlook

Pros

This was a great place to spend for a summer internship to gain some me some valuable experience. The small team was friendly and welcoming. I was given a nice level of autonomy and responsibility especially given my position as an intern. The work was varied and interesting, so I learned a lot and never got bored.

Cons

There are always the classic grumbles from software engineers about managers. There were some stressful days. But in hindsight things were about standard. Being too small to have its own IT department meant I had to do more computer repairs than I'd have liked, despite being capable, I'd have rather not wasted time on that.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Supportive and respectful

Oct 19, 2019 - Software Engineer and Digital Artist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working here has been a great experience. The friendly and relaxed atmosphere both in and out of the office will provide you with the opportunity to work in a way that is best for you, while also receiving support and advice to help you grow as a developer. The amount I have learned in the short time I have been here has significantly increased my skills. Your ideas and opinions are always taken into consideration; I have never found myself in a situation where I feel I'm not being listened to. Being able to see the impact your feedback can have on a project will keep you assured that you are equally respected as an employee.

Cons

Only being here for a small time period, there is not much, in my opinion, that could be said in the way of cons.

9. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Sep 18, 2019 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having worked here on and off both in the office and remotely I have had a great overall experience. The flexibility to manage my day to best suit both myself and the customers is amazing. I've had a good working relationship with both my colleagues and management which has made it a pleasure to be in the office. You aren't always constricted to developing software and can sometimes be tasked with other challenging tasks such as setting up PBX Phone systems or configuring Raspberry Pi systems for customers, I doubt you will get bored here. Management care about its staff and take on-board opinions and feedback. I have always felt that my voice has been heard and I've even seen subsequent changes be made shortly after. I also wouldn't be where I am without the guidance and coaching I have received from n-Coders. Support is also always around the corner.

Cons

Personally I haven't had any hardships, however I can agree with the person below about the on-boarding process

10. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 3 years

Flexible, Friendly and Interesting Work Environment

Sep 5, 2019 - Software Engineer in Pool, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The flexibility that is offered for working hours has been fantastic and has enabled me to fit in work around family and other life commitments. Getting the opportunity to share my feedback on business decisions, outside the scope of a typical software engineer, ranging from corporate server/network infrastructure to a new office location has been an invaluable experience. It has allowed me to not only feel but also see that my input is having a real impact in developing, improving and helping to grow the business. In my personal opinion, having now worked here intermittently for three years and interacted with a lot of past employees, I believe that the previous reviews by former employees have been so negative out of pure spite.

Cons

The on-boarding process may be perceived as being a little too short by some, while I was happy to hit the ground running, adding just a bit of extra time during the training process won't hurt but will help a lot.

Continue reading