next Reviews

Found 3,887 of over 4,417 reviews

3.6
next CEO Simon Wolfson
Simon Wolfson
Pros
  • "Friendly staff very welcoming strong ethos(in 214 reviews)

• "Flexible working hours are useful(in 212 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Working long hours during Christmas time(in 171 reviews)

• "Hard targets & they expect a lot from staff on minimum wage(in 107 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

A great recruitment process experience and even better place to work!

Jun 22, 2021 - Internal Communications Coordinator in Enderby, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Head Office site is absolutely stunning (even when it's raining) and the people are so welcoming, friendly and willing to help! The flexible working approach keeps me motivated and means that I can manage my work-life balance better. The work and day to day responsibilities keep me motivated and help me work towards becoming a better working professional. My manager is so supportive as are the wider team and the regular feedback and approach to learning in the workplace means that everyday I feel like I am developing into a better working professional. There is a very collaborative and progressive culture at Next and it's so refreshing to be in such a motivating environment. The whole experience from being offered my job to being 1 month in, has certainly lived up to what I had expected if not offered me so much more!

Cons

I can't think of anything that I could fault about working for Next HQ, no downsides to working here at all! It would've been nice to have the opportunity to visit HQ as part of the recruitment process but understand that due to COVID restrictions in place- this was not possible and perhaps in normal times, this opportunity would've been there.

next Response

What a fantastic review. Thank you so much for all of your positivity and we really hope that the positivity continues throughout your whole time at Next! We are so pleased you are settling in well and are feeling motivated and supported.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company with new opportunities

Dec 7, 2021 - Test Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

New Opportunities Great Work culture and team spirit

Cons

Not very flexible Have to work bank holidays

That's for your review!

3. 5.0

Great

Dec 6, 2021 - Graphic Designer in Enderby, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great to work for and benefits

Cons

Busy a lot of the time

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A great place to work.

Dec 6, 2021 - Buyer
      Business Outlook

Pros

A really forward thinking and growing business, particularly on branded. A great friendly and enthusiastic team. Loads more exciting opportunities and launches ahead.

Cons

Being based in Leicester the location is not the most convenient for me, but other than that very little bad words to say.

Continue reading

next Response

Thanks for your positive review! We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your time at Next and all of the great things you've been enjoying about your role. We are pleased you are enjoying being able to work from home when you need to and that you worked with a friendly and enthusiastic team!

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good

Dec 5, 2021 - Warehouse Operative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are really good I think

Cons

Not really any down sides

6. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great company

Dec 3, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly staff very welcoming strong ethos

Cons

Can’t think of any cons

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Customer service

Dec 3, 2021 - Sales Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can offer your shift or buy a shift online and they put extra shifts for you to buy on a place called shift market. Good pay 25% off bonus

Cons

They decreased the amount of managers but seems like they have reloeased that and they will hire more managers next April2022

next Response

Fantastic to see that you are enjoying your time at Next. It's great that you are using the shift marketplace, this is something we hope will offer our people flexibility. Keep up the good work!

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good

Dec 3, 2021 - Retail Sales Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not bad, good to pick up shifts. Good to start

Cons

Staff can be cliquey and rhde

9. 5.0

Great place to work

Dec 3, 2021 - Social Media Specialist in Leicester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- A fantastic team who get on really well and work well together - Manager has regular check-ins for wellbeing and work projects - Given new responsibilities to help me progress - Great benefits such as bonus scheme, discount, restaurants on site - Fun activities to ensure staff are happy at work

Cons

- Sometimes have too much to do, not enough time to complete work Can't really think of anything!

Continue reading

next Response

Thanks for your review, we really appreciate it! Great to see that you are working with a friendly group of people and have a manager who is helping you when you need it!

10. 5.0
      Former Employee

good

Dec 1, 2021 - Retail Sales Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

I worked with a good team

Cons

The pay is not the best

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,887 Reviews