next Employee Reviews about "flexible working hours"

Updated Jan 17, 2021

Found 153 of over 4,130 reviews

3.6
next CEO Simon Wolfson
Simon Wolfson
Pros
  • "staff discount and can pick up shifts on portal(in 254 reviews)

• "flexible working hours, discounts, well kept working enviroment(in 154 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours not much negotiation allowed(in 121 reviews)

• "Only national minimum wage paid for high intensity customer service(in 76 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "flexible working hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A Great Move

Jan 8, 2021 - Marketing in Leicester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Employee benefits have been wonderful (staff shop, discount, canteen / cafe, shares scheme, bonus system and car share scheme...etc!) - Great xmas party too! -Head Office is friendly and well designed for staff - Culture very collaborative - Next have been supportive with WFH initiative, overall, - The clear review (progress / check in system) in place is excellent and allows employees time and space to feel like they'e growing and progressing. - Communication across the business is really strong and timely. - Good training options - Flexible working hours is a huge plus! - Engaging internal comms and HQ quite staff environment lead, new building will help also - Pay scale in place - allows fair and clear pay system

Cons

- Next have been supportive with WFH initiative, however it's quite director lead . - Standard holiday is on the lower side of average ( flexible with carry over and buildable over time and you can buy days, which helps) - Teams very integrated and close (which is a pro, no doubt) however it would be nice for employees to have more regular one to ones for work (not necessarily development lead), than every 6 weeks, even once a month. - Although many not in office FT - it would be nice to see Next have more outdoor space for staff to take a break, as quite limited seating / areas.

Continue reading
    2. 4.0

Good part time job

Jan 16, 2021 - Retail Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours and some good management.

Cons

Low pay and sometimes poor communication.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Sales Support Team

Jan 13, 2021 - Sales Support Team in Hull, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good pay - Flexible hours - Fellow workers were really friendly

Cons

As it was an outlet it could sometimes get incredibly hectic and draining but this could be said of most jobs.

next Response

Hey thanks for the review. Great to see you found working with our team a positive experience. We really value the hard work and dedication from our teams as they support the success of the business. Regarding the above, health and wellbeing are a key importance to us as an Employer of Choice. We want to ensure our people feel supported. Any concerns or issues should be addressed with Line Managers whom will find solutions to support you.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good

Jan 14, 2021 - Sales Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Online rotas that you can amend when applicable Flexible hours 25% employee discount Easy job

Cons

Working during sale events can be chaotic No full time contracts

next Response

Hey thanks for the review. Hey, thanks for the review. Great to see you have utilised our online shift swap. It's a great way to get more experience whilst working in-store. We've also found this has helped the Health and Wellbeing of our teams as it supports flexibility. Regarding the above feedback, we are really proud of the hard work our teams dedicate to during our sales. Your hard work really helps to support the growth and development of the business. Any concerns or issues with contracts can be discussed with your line manager or HR. Please book a one-to-one meeting with your team to discuss the following.

5. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good part time work next to uni

Jan 17, 2021 - Sales Assistant in Aberdeen, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours and good atmosphere

Cons

No Christmas holiday and long hours

next Response

Hey, thanks for leaving a review of your experience. Best of luck with your studies.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

working in retail

Jan 14, 2021 - Retail Assistant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible hours for overtime, or single mums

Cons

lack of communication from managers

next Response

Hey thanks for the review. Great to see you found working in-store a good experience for flexible working. One of our top benefits as an employer is support the needs of our people. This includes flexible working, health and wellbeing and many more benefits. Regarding communication - we ensure our teams and managers are well trained to deliver news and updates. We also introduced new Comms Platforms to help keep our people updated, especially during these forever changing times. We'd recommend any concerns be expressed to our HR team.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Flexible hours and supportive culture.

Dec 1, 2020 - Graduate Student in Northampton, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours and supportive culture.

Cons

My experience has always been a positive one.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee

Good

Dec 2, 2020 - Graduate Student in Plymouth, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good flexible hours, start times/finish

Cons

do not have any cons

9. 4.0

Meh

Nov 12, 2020 - Customer Assistant in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours Friendly not much else

Cons

The most awful pay hours can be cut when store isn't busy

next Response

Hey there thanks for the review. Great to see you have enjoyed the flexibility and found working with us and our teams a positive environment Regarding pay, as a business we follow the government statutory guidelines. You can discuss this with our HR teams for further information.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company benefits aren't what they once were

Nov 11, 2020 - Administrative Assistant in Liverpool, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working hours - marketplace system to pick up shifts

Cons

Hierarchical business model with limited room for advancement

Continue reading

next Response

Hey there, thanks for the review. It's great to see that you have found our flexible working hours beneficial. This has been introduced to the business in the last few years to help maintain a healthy life style balance whilst giving our teams the option to practice Smart Working. In regards to progression. As a business we ensure progression is vital to all our teams in the business. We ensure individually our people have a clear plan for training and learning. For any more queries, we'd suggest speaking to your Line Manager or HR Team for further plans and information.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 153 Reviews