next Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Jan 21, 2021

Found 121 of over 4,248 reviews

3.6
next CEO Simon Wolfson
Simon Wolfson
1,025 Ratings
Pros
  • "staff discount and can pick up shifts on portal(in 254 reviews)

• "flexible working hours, discounts, well kept working enviroment(in 154 reviews)

• Cons
  • "long hours not much negotiation allowed(in 121 reviews)

• "Only national minimum wage paid for high intensity customer service(in 76 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Dec 9, 2020 - Sales Associate in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and good co-workers

Cons

Long hours and can be stressful.

next Response

Hey thanks for the review. Great to see you are enjoying the experience and working with a supportive and friendly team. This is a big part of our Next offering. Regarding hours, we'd recommend if there are conflicting times please contact your Line Manager. They will be able to look after Rotas and also help with suggestions. We'd also recommend you utilising our Online Shift Swap. This was introduced to help staff in store balance hours and also ensure they remain flexible.

2. 3.0
      Former Contractor

not bad

Jan 21, 2021 - Summer Sales Assistant in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

easy enough, nice people too

Cons

long hours, minimal break time

3. 3.0
      Former Employee

Good part time work next to uni

Jan 17, 2021 - Sales Assistant in Aberdeen, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours and good atmosphere

Cons

No Christmas holiday and long hours

next Response

Hey, thanks for leaving a review of your experience. Best of luck with your studies.

4. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great place to work

Dec 2, 2020 - Sales Assistant in Loughton, West Midlands, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good community Good training Fair salary

Cons

Sometimes unsociable hours (Christmas) Long hours

next Response

Hey thanks for the positive review!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Dec 3, 2020 - Temporary Contract Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

great experience, good salary and nice colleges

Cons

short breaks, long hours and not much to do

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Ok

Dec 15, 2020 - General Manager in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team good discount too

Cons

long long hours not balances

next Response

Hey, thanks for leaving us a review. Great to see you have enjoyed working with a strong team and enjoy our Staff Benefits. Our teams are one of the many reasons our people love working in-store. We want to encourage collaboration and a strong and happy work environment. Regarding hours, we'd suggest if there at times issues please get in touch with HR or supporting Managers. They will be able to advise ways to help manage time and also look into issues if there are concerns.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee

Next Review

Dec 8, 2020 - Sales Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good discount, early choice of sale stock.

Cons

Long hours, low pay and little praise or encouragement. Removal of bonuses whilst managers still receive one.

1 person found this review helpful

next Response

Hey thanks for the review. We're really please to hear how you are enjoying working with us. One of the most positive parts of the job is our benefits and rewards. Working in-store means a good choice and selection of 25% Next Branded Products and for Sale Staff pick of the first stock. Regarding pay, as a business we follow the government statuary guidelines. We recommend that if you are concerned please contact HR. We also have implemented our Online Shift Swap. This helps to balance and manage Hours and also gives you an opportunity to swap shifts to ensure you remain and manage a balanced lifestyle. For more information, book a meeting with your Team coach or Manager.

8. 5.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Christmas Temp

Nov 22, 2020 - Seasonal Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly staff, busy during festive period so always lots to do

Cons

long hours not much negotiation allowed

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

staff friendly, casual dress code

Oct 31, 2020 - Sales Assistant in Nottingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

flexible working hours, discounts, well kept working enviroment

Cons

hours cut, strict schedule, stressful job , short breaks, long hours

next Response

Hey thanks for the review. Great to hear you have benefited from the flexible working hours, as well as notably enjoyed the working environment in our stores. It's a big part of our culture to ensure our teams remain happy and positive and our culture is strong. During this time, we are adapting and ensuring new procedures and measures are met to keep our teams safe. Therefore, at times though our schedules are regimented this is too ensure our teams are all working safely. Concerns or issues can discussed with HR or your line manager.

10. 4.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Pleasant job

Oct 24, 2020 - Christmas Temporary Sales Assistant in Leicester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Extra pay on Boxing Day. Gift card for working on Christmas Eve. Always something to do. No strict uniform over Christmas time

Cons

Long hours sometimes. Can be Tiring

HR

Hey thanks for the review. We're really glad to hear you have found working part time with us within our festive season a positive experience. We understand as one of the busiest times of the year shifts and rota's can change. We'd like to thank you for your dedication during this period. We also ensure that within your shift our teams take their allocated break period in order to rest, revive. This is essential for our teams as we want to ensure your health and wellbeing is a top priority.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 121 Reviews