phs Group Manager Reviews

Updated 11 Mar 2020

4.4
phs Group CEO David Taylor-Smith
David Taylor-Smith
  1. "Joined up sales team"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get rewarded from doing a good job. Achievable bonus structure.

Cons

We still have major service issues. We are being told it’s better but our customers are saying otherwise. It doesn’t help account managers at all. Seems like the ceo has a favourite and fails to see it.

January 28, 2020People Team

Thank you for the 5 star review. I agree we do reward our well for a job well done. The operations team have been working extremely hard this year to deliver for our customers. Good news its working our customers think our service is great. We are now achieving more visits than ever.

2. "Review."

2.0
    Current Employee - Telephone Account Manager in Tamworth, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lovely people, great atmosphere.

Cons

Management tend to leave you to it a lot of the time. You find that your team support you more than the managers.

April 3, 2020People Team

Hi, thanks for the review. I agree that the people at phs are lovely. That's what makes our culture and atmosphere so amazing. Sorry to hear that you dont feel supported by your manager, this is something I will follow up and cascade to the senior management team. Stay safe.

3. "Great Company to work for great environment and culture"

4.0
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team ethic and culture Good leadership team very supportive Great Commission Structure - Realistic

Cons

Employee Benefits could be better - These have improved this year but believe for a corporate company more could be offered

October 21, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for leaving a balanced review. We do have great team ethic and our leadership team are very supportive. We regularly look at our benefits. I will pass this feedback to senior leadership team. Thanks again.

4. "Ship steady after ambulant waters."

Current Employee - Mobilisation Manager in Caerphilly, Wales

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent and exciting leadership. Strong customer focus. Quality products. Innovative solutions. Still feels like a family business.

Cons

Package could be better. Head office location means lower wages than in city location.

September 3, 2019People Team

Over a decade at phs! Thank you for your loyalty and of course your recent review. We have done a lot of work recently to improve our leadership and customer focus so we're happy you've seen an improvement too. There have been some discussions around employee benefits so hopefully this time next year there will be even more available. Thanks again.

"Career opportunities within phs do exist, if staff are willing to embrace the challenge"

Current Employee - Key Account Manager in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Recognition of experience and expertise is recognised and valued

Cons

Workload can be onerous at times but support is available, if staff reach out

August 29, 2019People Team

Hey, its great to see that you've been working at phs for over 1 years. I hope you were able to celebrate with your work mates. We do try to support all our colleagues to develop its part of our ongoing plans to support the people of phs. I will note and escalate your cons to senior leadership team.

"Friendly supportive Stable Great company to work for."

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Chelmsford, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

They leave you to get on with work. They are not a micro management organisation

Cons

Cant think of one at this moment in time.

August 12, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for leaving a 5 star review. I will be sure to pass on your comments. Thanks again.

"Refreshing place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Tamworth, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really refreshing place to work People are great Good direction and strategy Looking to the future and growing the business Focus on career development and opportunities Good engagement and communication from senior management and CEO

Cons

Company benefits Working environment needs some modernising Changes are coming which are way overdue but excited for what the future holds

July 15, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for leaving a review, I'm glad you think we are great people at phs. Having great people certainly makes the day go quicker. Thanks for the advice to the management I will certainly pass this on.

8. "Great place to work with oppertunites to grow"

4.0
    Current Employee - Internal Sales Manager in Tamworth, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time

Pros

A friendly and supportive company to work for. I have worked for the company over 16 years, i have progressed over the years and really enjoy my role and the environment

Cons

More benefits would be great, although i know this is already being looked at

August 29, 2019People Team

Wow you've worked @ phs for 16 years. Here's to getting to the 20 year mark. Thanks again for leaving a balanced review and I will surely pass on your Cons to the leadership team.

"Great industry leading company"

Current Employee - Commercial Manager in Bolton, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent company with clear career paths for those who want to progress within sales. Clear business plan which is cascaded to every employee. We all know our role within the business and how we can personally contribute to the companies growth strategy.

Cons

Lots of change, but change is good!

June 14, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for the 5 star review. We do have a very clear business plan in place to make sure our customer and phs people benefit. Thanks again for the review.

"Excellent workplace, business strategies and people"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Warrington, North West England, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Career opportunities Support Team work Tools to do the job

Cons

Currently admin heavy however change is in progress

June 14, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for leaving a review. We are definitely looking at our process to reduce admin. Again thanks for the review.

Found 38 reviews