phs Group Project Accountant Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

phs Group CEO David Taylor-Smith
David Taylor-Smith
  1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Project Accountant in Caerphilly, Wales

I have been working at phs Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have only worked at phs Group for a short time, however so far it has been a great experience. The work is varied and interesting, with a lot of exposure to different parts of the business, and the support I have recieved to get me settled into the business has been great. Everyone I have worked with has been friendly and willing to help whenever I've needed it as well. I find my hours relatively flexible and if I find myself working later for a few days, I know that I am able to work more flexibly on other days to get some of this time back.

Cons

I can't really think of particular 'cons' to working here so far, I'm sure there are times where I may think there are, but so far I haven't had any real issues!

phs Group2019-05-02
  2. "An insider's view of Finance at PHS"

Former Employee - Project Accountant in Caerphilly, Wales

I worked at phs Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive manager Really friendly staff - especially at PHS Teacrate Great on the job training Work hours are fairly low, which helps with work life balance Free lunch in the Caerphilly canteen Car allowance / company car

Cons

Compensation and benefits are on the low side but improving Role involved travelling (4 days in every 4 week period) Occasional Sunday work in my specific role (2 hours)

Advice to Management

The role I did was a really great training role and my manager was really supportive and should be commended. Pensions and other benefits such as maternity/paternity/sick are at the bare minimum by law. I know it would be expensive, but It might help display that you care about your employees by increasing some of these above the statutory minimum. Encourage flexible working / working from home to help with employee satisfaction

phs Group2018-10-23