phs Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.9
phs Group CEO David Taylor-Smith
David Taylor-Smith
  1. Featured Review

"The Best company I have worked for"

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Manchester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at phs Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for PHS Group for just under 12 months now, and I have thoroughly enjoyed working for such a professional company who works in partnership with their customers to achieve the best service and innovation for the right price to the customer. The back of office support is second to none. The Management is exceptional and work with you to encourage you to grow and blossom

Cons

PHS is such a vast company and I would expect an employees benefit scheme like many other companies have as standard, with discount cards, savings cards, health insurance and purchase of extra holidays

Advice to Management

I would like to see more benefits being added for employees to access, in previous employment I have been able to purchase up to three weeks holiday paid each month, so that is does not affect your wage so much. I also had savings cards for M & S, Primark and Boots, among just a few that gave us discount, so I paid for example £7 to gain £10 on my card. I also was able to purchase holiday insurance and health insurance...

phs Group2019-04-24

April 26, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for leaving such a balanced and open review. Your right we do work closely with our customers to give the best solution. I will pass the great suggest that you've made to the senior management team for consideration.

2. "Great industry leading company"

Current Employee - Commercial Manager in Bolton, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent company with clear career paths for those who want to progress within sales. Clear business plan which is cascaded to every employee. We all know our role within the business and how we can personally contribute to the companies growth strategy.

Cons

Lots of change, but change is good!

phs Group2019-06-06

June 14, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for the 5 star review. We do have a very clear business plan in place to make sure our customer and phs people benefit. Thanks again for the review.

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really good work environment with some great incentives to match. All of the management staff are really supportive and want each staff member to do the best they can. The office environment is really welcoming and everyone chips in to make sure your well supported. The C-suite staff are heavily involved in the day to day activities and take advice on board and make a huge effort to make sure we have all of the tools...

Cons

none that are worth worrying about

Advice to Management

keep doing what your doing

June 14, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for the great review and for keeping it balanced. The senior leaders of the business are very hands on and make a great difference. Thanks again for the review.

4. "Very rewarding"

Current Employee - Telesales Account Manager in Tamworth, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Very generous commission scheme. - Structured training and continual development. - Great culture and overall fun place to work.

Cons

- Pressure to meet targets as with any sales job however the support is always there if you need it.

Advice to Management

Nothing I would change about the job, I love coming to work each day.

June 14, 2019People Team

Hey, I love coming to work everyday and you get to meet some amazing phs people along the way. I to think we have good structured training programmes to support with your development. Thanks again for the review.

5. "Excellent workplace, business strategies and people"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Warrington, North West England, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Career opportunities Support Team work Tools to do the job

Cons

Currently admin heavy however change is in progress

June 14, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for leaving a review. We are definitely looking at our process to reduce admin. Again thanks for the review.

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Team Manager in Caerphilly, Wales
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Free Canteen / Large parking area for all i started 10 years ago and have progressed through the company and have worked my way to team manager the agents that work in the department are passionate and want to get things right which is an added bonus and we have people that are still working for us that have been with the company 40/ 30 years years so that is telling you something

Cons

work load is easing due to the head count

Advice to Management

benefits / Salaries to be looked into

phs Group2019-05-30

June 14, 2019People Team

Hey, thanks for the 5 star review. We have invested heavily in people to ensure we have the right people in the right place. I will be sure to pass on the advice to the senior leadership team.

7. "Working at PHS"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Reading, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere , great training and you feel like part of a team

Cons

None that I have seen so far

phs Group2019-05-28

May 29, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for leaving phs a 5 star review. We are very happy that you think we provide great training. We have definitely worked hard at getting this right. Thanks again for the review.

8. "Comments on working for PHS"

Current Employee - Business Development Consultant in Hayes, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Support and encouragement with career plan. I was promoted within 11 months. also like the incentives and commission structure. Service is improving, making winning accounts easier

Cons

I have no cons to report

phs Group2019-05-28

May 29, 2019People Team

Hey, thanks for leaving us a 5 star review. Great job on the promotion. We have worked hard to ensure everyone has the opportunity to grow within phs. Thanks again.

9. "Go for it"

Current Employee - Tele Sales Account Manager in Tamworth, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Have been working at phs for 18 months great office environment friendly helpful team. Team leaders and management are great. Ongoing training, lots of commission potential.

Cons

Needs to be more comunication between staff at other offices and head office in caerphilly

Advice to Management

Benefits are poor compared to other big companies only 20 days holiday, no sick pay till you have been there several years then it's only 1 week.

phs Group2019-05-18

May 20, 2019People Team

Hey, thanks for the 5 star review. Great that you like the new office environment. Our internal communications are really important to us so I will be sure to pass this information on to the senior leadership team.

10. "What are you waiting for!!!!"

Current Employee - Accounts Manager in Tamworth, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

PHS is one of the best places I have worked, continuous training to make sure you can hit your goals and targets, Team leaders and management are very approachable and will listen to ideas. The team is friendly, helpful and always willing to help out other work colleagues. Great commission structure ££££££

Cons

Not come across any problems.

Advice to Management

Benefits could do with being looked at for such a large company there are not many benefits available.

phs Group2019-05-17

May 20, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for the great 5 star review. I agree the teams at phs are friendly and helpful. I will pass on your comments with regards to benefits to the senior leadership team.

Found 143 reviews