phs Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

David Taylor-Smith
  1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic Culture and the people make the business. Having joined 9 months ago it has been a great Career move. It is fast-paced, challenging and rewarding and the sales-centric and people-centric

Cons

I would have to say that I have enjoyed every minute so no cons

Advice to Management

Keep pushing in the right direction

April 26, 2019People Team

Hello, thank for leaving phs a review. I'm glad that you think phs has been a great career move for you. I hope phs can celebrate many work anniversaries with you.

2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Telesales Account Manager in Tamworth, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I am a new starter with the company but so far no complaints. The training program is extremely informative but also lots of fun, everyone is friendly & they love what they do.

Cons

None so far, all good

April 26, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for leaving a review. Its good to hear that you had a positive induction program. I would agree we are a friendly bunch of people at phs.

3. "The Best company I have worked for"

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Manchester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked for PHS Group for just under 12 months now, and I have thoroughly enjoyed working for such a professional company who works in partnership with their customers to achieve the best service and innovation for the right price to the customer. The back of office support is second to none. The Management is exceptional and work with you to encourage you to grow and blossom

Cons

PHS is such a vast company and I would expect an employees benefit scheme like many other companies have as standard, with discount cards, savings cards, health insurance and purchase of extra holidays

Advice to Management

I would like to see more benefits being added for employees to access, in previous employment I have been able to purchase up to three weeks holiday paid each month, so that is does not affect your wage so much. I also had savings cards for M & S, Primark and Boots, among just a few that gave us discount, so I paid for example £7 to gain £10 on my card. I also was able to purchase holiday insurance and health insurance...

April 26, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for leaving such a balanced and open review. Your right we do work closely with our customers to give the best solution. I will pass the great suggest that you've made to the senior management team for consideration.

4. "Not as good as they think"

I have been working at phs Group full-time

Pros

No one gives a poo about you so your left on your own.

Cons

Poor pay and no support

Advice to Management

Grow up and think of the workers.

phs Group2019-05-04

May 8, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for leaving a review. We are sad to hear that you feel nobody cares about you. I will be sure to pass this information on to the senior management team. If you would like to discuss this further please contact HR at your earliest convenience.

5. "Awful place to work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Caerphilly, Wales
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at phs Group full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

The staff are nice Free Lunch

Cons

No Career Progression Low Pay Outdated management tactics

Advice to Management

Focus on the talent within the company & encourage employee career progression. Don't always rely on outside talent.

phs Group2019-05-01

May 5, 2019People Team

Hello, thanks for leaving a review. I have forwarded your review directly to the senior management team. Over the past few months we have put together a full talent plan at phs. Everyone is starting to see the benefit. We will always look internally for talent before we look externally.

6. "this company is so poor now, once great now awful, everyone has been leaving"

Current Employee - Driver in Birmingham, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

none anymore, i guess taking van home is a plus

Cons

wages cut more work no control management not interested

Advice to Management

just read all the reviews. youve destroyed this company

phs Group2019-05-01

May 5, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for leaving a review. We take all our reviews seriously. I have escalated this review to the senior management team to investigate further.

7. "Don't bother"

Current Employee - Service Driver in Cardiff, Wales

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Nothing posative about working for people with horrible work ethics

Cons

Run by bullies

phs Group2019-04-28

May 5, 2019People Team

Hello, thanks for leaving a review. We would like to discuss this further to see if we can help. Please get in touch with the HR team or askDTS.

• "Lowest of the low - FEAR MANAGEMENT"

Current Employee - Finance in Caerphilly, Wales

I have been working at phs Group full-time

Pros

The only good thing is some of the good staffs potential but what good is that when they haven't got a hope in hell of doing anything useful with it because progression is non-existent.

Cons

Awful pay, do anything to cut corners to save money, negative don't try to invest to grow, no incentives at all to do a good job just fear to not to a bad one, favouritism everywhere & more than anything fear management is a pure disease across the company, shameful the way staff are treated.

Advice to Management

Only thing could possibly said is for the company to sell up, hopefully to someone/a company that can do a complete overhaul and revamp on the company. Needs to be completely reviewed and re-thought.

phs Group2019-04-25

May 5, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for the review. I have passed your review to our Executive team. If you would like to discuss this further or get support please contact your HR team or askDTS.

"Would not recommend Time wasters Poor pay"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales

I worked at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing to give a pro about Terrible company

Cons

Poor pay Terrible managers Never get back to you Waste your time and trips

Advice to Management

Learn to manage

phs Group2019-04-19

April 24, 2019People Team

Hello, thank you for leaving us a review. We are disappointed to read your comments and that you felt you couldn't think of any pros of working at phs. We will escalate your comments to the senior management team.

"One of the worst companies I have ever worked for"

Former Employee - Senior Leader in Caerphilly, Wales

I worked at phs Group full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Really none that I can think of

Cons

Lie to customers constantly telling them they are being serviced when they are not. False reporting of reports and kpi’s to customers. Hard core of staff that control everything and block progress. Poor senior leadership, people in position through “buddy” system and relationships rather than being good at their job. Ineffective yes people surround CEO. CEO clearly doesn’t know the real truth around how bad it is...

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff that face the customer every day. Don’t lie about where you are or you can’t move forward. Stop asking staff at meetings and events to put positive reviews on Glassdoor as this is just lying. Do you relay understand the depth of unhappiness amongst your teams Don’t lie to your staff, treat them like the grown ups they are.

phs Group2019-04-15

April 26, 2019People Team

Hello, thank you for your open feedback. I will be sure to pass this information on to the senior management team. I can assure you that we will look in to this further. Our people and customer are a big part of our 3 year strategy.

Found 130 reviews