phs Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 24 Jan 2020

4.0
phs Group CEO David Taylor-Smith
David Taylor-Smith
  1. "Disappointing/ Not valued as a person/Finger pointing"

Former Employee - Manager in Warrington, North West England, England

I worked at phs Group full-time

Pros

No longer an employee. No more stress.

Cons

Treat you like the proverbial. No respect. No work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Focus on your employees not your P&L. There is so much potential.. you have lost all core values, that's why there is no employee retention.

phs Group2019-06-17
  2. "Overall a great company to work for"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Caerphilly, Wales

I worked at phs Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They say its the people that make a good or bad workplace, and this is definitely true of PHS. Worked there for 8 years and have made some lifelong friends. Other perks are that the salaries are fair for the job you do, in my opinion. And of course, the famous free lunch at head office! The IT department has a great bunch of people, who for the most part, work together for the good of the company overall.

Cons

The benefits package is lacking when compared with other similar companies / job roles.

Advice to Management

Would strongly recommend a review of the benefits package, to bring the company in line with what's on offer elsewhere

phs Group2019-05-11
  3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Teacrate Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good support, great people, and willing to listen to ideas

Cons

Salary could be better and considering our client base we could have a lot more staff benefits

Advice to Management

Work with our customers to get more benefits and promotions for staff.

phs Group2019-05-10
  4. "Great company and support network!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager

I have been working at phs Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

In my short time within the company it is great to see the team ethos being displayed, not just in the division I work for, but across the whole company. Whether you are in a role that works from home or based in Head Office there is always somebody at the end of a phone call or email that wants to help. They have the appetite to want to recognise people for a job well done through praise and recognition which is encouraging to see.

Cons

It would be great to see the company offer private medical insurance as an employee benefit alongwith the other benefits provided at present

Advice to Management

Keep communicating - it is great to see regular company updates from across the business. It enables the different division to know what is going on across the business and creates a 'team' culture

phs Group2019-05-07
  5. "Once Great, Now Awful"

Former Employee - Credit Manager in Tamworth, England

I worked at phs Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

None I can think of.

Cons

Worked for PHS for 15 years. Used to be great and a prosperous place to work. Years of bad management, no pay rises and then poor pay rises if you consider 1% per year good. Not so good on a low salary. Put on staff more and more with no reward. As the CEO told the entire business in his business update they are looking for better quality staff at less cost. Says it all really. They have not a clue and as previous reviews have stated, a lot of favouritism, one rule for one and one for another and back stabbing is rife. HR are only there to support the business and not the employee so please do not rely on them or even trust them. Spent and wasted a lot of my years at this place the last 3 years very miserable. Should have got out sooner.

Advice to Management

Very untrustworthy management. Not good when you cannot approach your manager without it getting around the office. Useless.

phs Group2019-06-11
  6. "Outstanding Corporate Organisation"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in London, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Family feel and supportive environment. Management listen to ideas and want to genuinely keep improving the Company culture and vision. One of the top Corporate Companies I have worked for.

Cons

Service industry can be frustrating but we are improving

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, we are making great changes that will shape the future for the better.

phs Group2019-05-06
  7. "Best company I worked for"

Former Employee - IT Business Partner in Caerphilly, Wales

I worked at phs Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked at PHS for 6 years and have recently retired after 40 years work. On reflection, and considering the companies that I have worked at over these years, then I have to say that PHS comes top of my list for providing an efficient working environment. The people, the processes and the company structure are all designed to satisfy both customers and employees i.e. it is a company that is very close to achieving the ideal balance within a workplace. I experienced much change during my time with PHS, and on leaving the organisation, I believe it to be a dynamic, and practical company. PHS has recently made great leaps in providing a technology platform that I consider to be world class, efficient, and one that supports both customer and employees with the objective of providing positive outcomes for all concerned. The workforce within PHS is without doubt the most professional, friendly and efficient set of co-workers that I experienced through my 40 years of working at various high profile organisations. The technology platform continues to be improved, and is an indication of the professionalism and expertise within the IT department. I consider this to be a great organisation that provides employees with an opportunity to learn, perform, and help grow the company.

Cons

There may be certain functions within the organisation that require more manpower in order to attain a higher level of effective performance. The impact of extreme re-organisation and technology upgrades can sometimes have an unsettling effect on employees. But the upside of this is that it is evidence that the company is prepared to continually adapt itself to an ever-changing market.

Advice to Management

Keep on changing and adapting to market requirements, Its going the right way.

phs Group2019-05-06
  8. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Now in to my 17th year of employment with PHS Teacrate working my way up from crate cleaner to key account manager for the North of England. Fully supported by management and co-workers as a team. The future is looking bright.

Cons

I cant think of any cons,

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work, communication has been the key that is helping to push our company back to where we should be. At the top of our game.

phs Group2019-05-03
  9. "Great company D365 part of PHS group"

Current Employee - D365 - Sales Manager in Skelmersdale, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good morale, clear strategy for growth. Strong agenda for changing what needs changing.

Cons

Large organisation so change can sometimes be slow to make an impact.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people on the ground, they are your greatest asset and visible to the customer.

phs Group2019-05-04
  10. "Superb Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Head of Digital in Skelmersdale, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been with Direct365, part of the PHS Group, for over 2 years and I can honestly say that I've thoroughly enjoyed every minute. You get the chance to voice your opinion and get a chance to shape the future of the company, you are really made to feel valued and that goes for everyone in the company from all levels. In some large businesses, you don't get exposed to the numbers and how the company is doing, but at Direct365 and PHS, you are kept informed of progression and how the work you have done has affected the overall figures.

Cons

There are some big numbers to hit and tight deadlines but that's to be expected at a large company.

phs Group2019-05-02