phs Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 24 Jan 2020

4.0
phs Group CEO David Taylor-Smith
David Taylor-Smith
  1. "Review for Direct365 - part of PHS Group"

Current Employee - Assistant Buyer in Skelmersdale, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Open office with a relaxed and fun environment. Friendly staff. Approachable and friendly management team including our MD who has a " my door is always open" policy. Plenty of opportunities to better yourself and improve your skills. Always made to feel valued and appreciated.

Cons

No cons other than pay could be improved

Advice to Management

Continue as you are, they are all approachable including team leaders and listen to any staff queries.

2. "Operations Manager"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in London, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I’m in my 20th year, I came to PHS in 2007 from an acquisition after starting in the industry as a driver in Dec 2000. At that time of acquisition I was in a Depot supervisor’s role, I have progressed to by current role. If you are keen to progress, PHS show investment in people, if you work hard the rewards in progression are available in the division you work in and across the Group

Cons

Employee Benfits, to include Private health care.

Advice to Management

The communication has improved during the past years, do not let this slip.

phs Group2019-05-03
  3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Project Accountant in Caerphilly, Wales

I have been working at phs Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have only worked at phs Group for a short time, however so far it has been a great experience. The work is varied and interesting, with a lot of exposure to different parts of the business, and the support I have recieved to get me settled into the business has been great. Everyone I have worked with has been friendly and willing to help whenever I've needed it as well. I find my hours relatively flexible and if I find myself working later for a few days, I know that I am able to work more flexibly on other days to get some of this time back.

Cons

I can't really think of particular 'cons' to working here so far, I'm sure there are times where I may think there are, but so far I haven't had any real issues!

4. "PHS Teacrate"

Current Employee - Depot Manager in Coleshill, West Midlands, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good Career Development. A good bunch of people working within the company.

Cons

Can do long hours to cover absences

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Durham, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been with the company for almost 20 years and have seen many changes, started as driver and now in management, but the one thing that is constant is the drive and enthusiasm of the management and staff to ensure things get done. I work within a small team out of the Durham depot and we have always had great support from our other divisions. Fantastic flexibility in the job is a real advantage also.

Cons

Can be quite a bit of reactive works needing doing which can interfere with personal life on occasion, but these are rare and are to be expected within the industry.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the fantastic staff!

phs Group2019-05-02
  6. "Regional Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working with a great Team, Fantastic Training and ongoing support

Cons

Work hard - Play Hard but not really a Con

phs Group2019-05-01
  7. "New Business Consultant"

Current Employee - New Business Consultant in Tamworth, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started with PHS just over a month ago and am loving my job so far. PHS have a great training program which gives you all the tools you need to be successful in the role. I would highly recommend working for this company their are plenty of routes you can take in terms of progression, great team and all around lovely company.

Cons

Nothing at the moment, I have only been here a month.

phs Group2019-04-30
  8. "15 Happy Years"

Current Employee - Head of Brokers

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

After 15 years of working for PHS I can honestly say it is an enjoyable experience with daily challenges and fantastic results. My colleagues and Management Team are supportive and we all work together. Everyday brings something New!

Cons

On Occasion we do suffer with lack of communication but moral is strong and we get there....

Advice to Management

Remember that those on the ground have good knowledge and a can do attitude.

phs Group2019-04-29
  9. "Key Accounts - Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Department Head in Maidenhead, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working within the Key account team at phs Hygiene has been extremely rewarding over the past 12 months. The culture is fast paced but very supportive from CEO to Operatives in the field with everyone working closely together. Phs is very good at recognising good performance, with my team receiving great recognition on their achievements. Key accounts have a fantastic client base which is second to none within the Industry. Overall a great career move.

Cons

Fast pace wont suit everyone

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum going on improving clients experiance with phs

phs Group2019-04-29
  10. "Regional Sales Manager Hygiene Midlands"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager Hygiene Midlands

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

phs Group is a great place to work! I have never before worked for a company where there are so many like minded people who want to support each other, are highly motivated and have such a passion and drive for the industry and the company itself. Within the 5 years I have worked for phs it has gone through a number of changes, in my opinion each change has been for the better! My Manager joined the business around 2 years ago - his input has meant we now have a great success culture, pushing one another to achieve more and do better period on period... with some great bonus’ and incentives to be had! His support and direction has given me the tools and knowledge to build a strong sales team in the Midlands, whilst maintaining a great work/life balance! phs Group truly believe in promoting within, with clear development plans in order to make this happen - I was even promoted once when I was 5 months pregnant... there are not many companies that could honestly say they would do that!!!

Cons

I appreciate not everyone will share in my experiences, however I genuinely believe there are very few cons to working for phs Group!

phs Group2019-04-27