phs Group Reviews

Updated 7 May 2021

4.2
phs Group CEO Matthew Brabin (no image)
Matthew Brabin
  1. 4.0
    Former Employee

Restructure that i believe will make the company stronger

2 Nov 2020 - Contact Center Manager in Cardiff, Wales, Wales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some strong products and people

Cons

Needs to catch up with tech without trying to skip the learning curve

Resourcing Manager

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. You're right - There are some great products within phs - And some amazing people! Since the Covid-19 Pandemic began, we've invested heavily in our IT Infrastructure. We've also been focusing on our digital offerings both internally and externally. I appreciate you may have left us prior to seeing this. If you have any specific's you'd like us to be aware of, or have any further feedback, I'd love to hear it! My email is henryfield@phs.co.uk Thanks again, Henry Field Resourcing Manager

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Best company I worked for

6 May 2019 - IT Business Partner in Caerphilly, Wales, Wales
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at PHS for 6 years and have recently retired after 40 years work. On reflection, and considering the companies that I have worked at over these years, then I have to say that PHS comes top of my list for providing an efficient working environment. The people, the processes and the company structure are all designed to satisfy both customers and employees i.e. it is a company that is very close to achieving the ideal balance within a workplace. I experienced much change during my time with PHS, and on leaving the organisation, I believe it to be a dynamic, and practical company. PHS has recently made great leaps in providing a technology platform that I consider to be world class, efficient, and one that supports both customer and employees with the objective of providing positive outcomes for all concerned. The workforce within PHS is without doubt the most professional, friendly and efficient set of co-workers that I experienced through my 40 years of working at various high profile organisations. The technology platform continues to be improved, and is an indication of the professionalism and expertise within the IT department. I consider this to be a great organisation that provides employees with an opportunity to learn, perform, and help grow the company.

Cons

There may be certain functions within the organisation that require more manpower in order to attain a higher level of effective performance. The impact of extreme re-organisation and technology upgrades can sometimes have an unsettling effect on employees. But the upside of this is that it is evidence that the company is prepared to continually adapt itself to an ever-changing market.

People Team

Hello, thanks for leaving such a detailed and balance review. I.T and Infrastructure is a key part of the 3 year strategy we have in place. We will continue to make a difference in our sector.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee

Fair Just Sometimes not Good

14 Oct 2020 - Scheduler in London, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've only got a rough idea but I

Cons

Needed mre time there to be honest

Resourcing Manager

Thank you for your review, we're pleased you found us a fair company. If you'd like to give more detail about where we could improve, I'd be keen to hear it. You can contact me at henryfield@phs.co.uk if you want to discuss your feedback, Thank you, Henry Field Resourcing Manager

4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Not good

29 Jul 2020 - Electrical Engineer in Warrington, South East England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

None that are apparent to me

Cons

RE: PHS Compliance. This company is on a downward spiral. Numerous changes in Senior Management has lead to a disastrous growth plan. With each Manager/MD making changes that have resulted in job losses, low moral and a general destruction of the companies potential. This company has now been bought out by a larger company and as is common in these cases, the new regime has installed their preferred management team with limited knowledge of the structure, staff and nature of the business.

People Team

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our Compliance business has been through significant change but is performing well with a strong team. We recognise that our people are our most important asset, and that we can always improve, but we respect and value all our employees

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

mixed

29 Sep 2020 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

procedures good/respected/work life balance reasonable

Cons

pay not brilliant/ element of bullying /new management not got any idea of goods blinkered

Resourcing Manager

Thank you so much for your review. We are working continuously to ensure our colleagues feel respected and have a positive work/life balance. To hear feedback regarding bullying is a concern and certainly doesn't match our values, I would like the opportunity to look into this. If you're comfortable giving direct feedback please email me at henryfield@phs.co.uk Thank you, Henry Field Resourcing Manager

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to work

25 Sep 2020 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great People Working environment Realistic commision Progression Development Food Canteen

Cons

Travel Some management Poor service Lots of changes No direction

People Team

Thanks for the review. I agree we do have great people working at phs and that's why the working environment is so good. I'm afraid with all jobs there is an expectation to travel but we are trying to minimise the time we spend travelling.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Professional Happy Site (PHS)... Come Join Us - Be The Best You Can Be!

17 May 2019 - Telesales Account Manager in Tamworth, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having vowed I would never work in a Telesales environment - having worked with PHS for 2.5 years now - I love the job. The Company is structured, has vision - knows what it wants to achieve and how its going to do so. The people here are great - we all look out for each other - we have leaders, but not dictators. Relaxed working environment with music playing all day - we have been known to have the odd dance when we get the sales in! We have reasonable and achievable monthly targets to work towards - which if you put the work in - you get the results, which means a healthy bonus at the end of the period and quarter. Good commission structure....... I've had my best period ever, on target to achieve 150% of my quarterly bonus ...... that means over £5k over 3 periods... Happy Days! Our area of the Business is growing and we are looking for some more great people to join us - so if you are like I used to be, thinking Telesales is not the job - think again - working for PHS could be the best thing you ever do. PHS provide an in-depth induction course - you will not be thrown in at the deep end.

Cons

If I can be picky - we can tend to fight over air conditioning.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Positive Sales Culture + Great Learning and Development

18 Feb 2020 - New Business Consultant in Tamworth, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- encouraging leaders, frequent interaction from CEO down to line-managers - consistent incentives, financial rewards and out of work activities - flexible work arrangements (within reason, e.g childcare, doctors apts.) - strong L&D, training updates and products knowledge frequently refreshed

Cons

- low turnover of staff, hampering opportunities to progress - inconsistency with data - admin can be time consuming and detract from sales

People Team

Hi, thanks for leaving a 5 star review. Yes our CEO does communicate with all level at phs Group and specialist divisions to ensure everyone keeps up to date with new initiatives. That's whats makes us an amazing company to work for. Our L&D team are always working very hard to ensure we have the right training needs in the right place at the right time to enhance phs group. Thanks again for the review. Stay safe.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Regional Sales Manager Hygiene Midlands

27 Apr 2019 - Regional Sales Manager Hygiene Midlands
    Business Outlook

Pros

phs Group is a great place to work! I have never before worked for a company where there are so many like minded people who want to support each other, are highly motivated and have such a passion and drive for the industry and the company itself. Within the 5 years I have worked for phs it has gone through a number of changes, in my opinion each change has been for the better! My Manager joined the business around 2 years ago - his input has meant we now have a great success culture, pushing one another to achieve more and do better period on period... with some great bonus’ and incentives to be had! His support and direction has given me the tools and knowledge to build a strong sales team in the Midlands, whilst maintaining a great work/life balance! phs Group truly believe in promoting within, with clear development plans in order to make this happen - I was even promoted once when I was 5 months pregnant... there are not many companies that could honestly say they would do that!!!

Cons

I appreciate not everyone will share in my experiences, however I genuinely believe there are very few cons to working for phs Group!

People Team

Hi, Thanks for leaving such a balanced review. Its good see that you have the same passion and drive as everyone that works at phs. We are a good bunch of people that puts the customer first.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Awful company

4 Aug 2020 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free tea and coffee and that’s about it

Cons

Treat employees really badly, senior management we’re inept and out of their depth.

People Team

We’re sorry that you feel we don’t look after our people. We are proud of the fact that many of our employees have worked for us for a long time, but we recognise that we can always improve, and we.re working hard to create a good place to work. We believe we have a strong an effective management team .

Viewing 41 - 50 of 209 Reviews