phs Group Employee Reviews about "senior management"

Updated 25 Jan 2021

4.2
phs Group CEO Matthew Brabin (no image)
Matthew Brabin
Pros
  • "You get to work with great people with a strong team ethos led by an experienced leadership team(in 10 reviews)

• "Free lunch in the Caerphilly canteen(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Getting things done by head office takes longer than the customer requires tings doing(in 8 reviews)

• "Numerous changes in Senior Management has lead to a disastrous growth plan(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "senior management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Solid company - Great Ethos"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Field Account Manager in Manchester, England, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance, Management structure, Flexibility. Real family feel to the company. Access to senior management/ executives is simple, which means you can get the answers you need when you need them. you have the autonomy to mange your base as you see fit, you have the options to negotiate price and terms. Immediate team are great, really inclusive and always on hand to help.

Cons

some system limitations, service delivery can be an issue.

February 1, 2021People Team

Hi there. Thank you so much for your feedback, it's great to hear it's all going well. Our senior Management Teams do all they can to ensure they're as accessible as possible. If you'd like to share more information regarding your thoughts around service delivery, please feel free to email me. All conversations will of course be confidential. Thank you, Henry Field Resourcing Manager henryfield@phs.co.uk

2. COVID-19

"Great time to join a business that is playing a huge role in supporting the safety and wellbeing of UK Businesses"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Head of Account Management in Warwick, West Midlands, England, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Planned and comprehensive induction which has been a mix of face to face and virtual/online. Helpful, supportive and positive personalities within the key accounts team and the wider business support functions who are on hand to close knowledge gaps and advise on best practice. Strong business results during 2020 which gives a sense of security and business stability. Long standing employees who have had varied roles across the business demonstrating that the business recognises talent and loyalty and rewards with opportunities. Regular communication and updates from senior management make you feel part of group who care about their employees, customers and their customer's customers! Exciting to now be part of Bidvest - a global business with expertise in many sectors which in time will no doubt add significant value to the PHS Group.

Cons

The only 'Cons' I am currently experiencing are as a result of Covid restrictions which are limiting the amount of face to face meetings and physical team and wider colleague interaction. However the business has widely adopted teams and that gives me the ability to get support from the people I need it from often immediately .

November 6, 2020Resourcing Manager

Hi, Thank you so much for your review. So much great work went into making our induction process work, and making sure we can work remotely. It's great to see that recognized. It's a tough year for face to face communication, I think many people share your pain when it comes to that aspect. We have been working on how we can interact remotely, if there's anything you'd like to recommend - I'd love to hear it! Thank you, Henry Field Resourcing Manager henryfield@phs.co.uk

"Not good"

1.0
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Warrington, South East England, England, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

None that are apparent to me

Cons

RE: PHS Compliance. This company is on a downward spiral. Numerous changes in Senior Management has lead to a disastrous growth plan. With each Manager/MD making changes that have resulted in job losses, low moral and a general destruction of the companies potential. This company has now been bought out by a larger company and as is common in these cases, the new regime has installed their preferred management team with limited knowledge of the structure, staff and nature of the business.

September 3, 2020People Team

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our Compliance business has been through significant change but is performing well with a strong team. We recognise that our people are our most important asset, and that we can always improve, but we respect and value all our employees

"Awful company"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at phs Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Free tea and coffee and that’s about it

Cons

Treat employees really badly, senior management we’re inept and out of their depth.

September 3, 2020People Team

We’re sorry that you feel we don’t look after our people. We are proud of the fact that many of our employees have worked for us for a long time, but we recognise that we can always improve, and we.re working hard to create a good place to work. We believe we have a strong an effective management team .

"Refreshing place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Tamworth, England, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really refreshing place to work People are great Good direction and strategy Looking to the future and growing the business Focus on career development and opportunities Good engagement and communication from senior management and CEO

Cons

Company benefits Working environment needs some modernising Changes are coming which are way overdue but excited for what the future holds

July 15, 2019People Team

Hi, thanks for leaving a review, I'm glad you think we are great people at phs. Having great people certainly makes the day go quicker. Thanks for the advice to the management I will certainly pass this on.

"Warning stay away"

Current Employee - Field Sales Representative
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at phs Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Market leaders, but now realise they have been complacent for the last 5 - 10 years and have lost a lot of their market share.

Cons

Deal with 5 to 10 customer complaints every day and every week. Customers are all leaving PHS, due to missed services, automatic-renewal contracts and not being informed about contract end dates. Poor Communication from senior management. Lack of motivation or leadership. Unhelpful support staff. No sick pay.

October 4, 2018Mark - phs team

Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to read your comments and have passed this information over to our management team in Sales. It's a concern that you feel communication is poor we'll make sure this is flagged. To ensure we communicate with everyone we introduced the live business updates and hopefully you get to see these, check out our intranet for the latest one. If you would like to discuss any of the points you have raised further please contact your line manager or a member of the HR team who are here to support you. Thanks again for your review.

"Great Employer"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Caerphilly, Wales, Wales
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Listen to their employees and consult with them before making changes. Lots of positive changes happening. The people make this business and there is a good work/life balance. Lots of opportunities if you want to progress. Interesting business to work for.

Cons

Lots of changes to senior management which impacts on consistancy.

April 18, 2018Mark - phs team

Thanks for your outstanding review. We’re so glad to see you have a great list of ‘Pros’. We agree our people make our business and glad to hear you have a good work/ life balance which is important to us. We are also pleased to hear you feel there are lots of opportunities for progress. If you’d like to discuss the changes in the business further and get a feel for why there has been change, please drop your HR team a line. Thanks again for your review and for your 10 years + service!

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Popular Careers with phs Group Job Seekers