phs Group "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

phs Group Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 27 Apr 2019

4.0
phs Group CEO David Taylor-Smith
David Taylor-Smith
Pros
  • "Free lunch in the Caerphilly canteen(in 9 reviews)

• "Good support, great people, and willing to listen to ideas(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Head office location means lower wages than in city location(in 6 reviews)

• "Terrible Service - Terrible Customer Service and Terrible Managers(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Regional Sales Manager Hygiene Midlands"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager Hygiene Midlands

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

phs Group is a great place to work! I have never before worked for a company where there are so many like minded people who want to support each other, are highly motivated and have such a passion and drive for the industry and the company itself. Within the 5 years I have worked for phs it has gone through a number of changes, in my opinion each change has been for the better! My Manager joined the business around 2 years ago - his input has meant we now have a great success culture, pushing one another to achieve more and do better period on period... with some great bonus’ and incentives to be had! His support and direction has given me the tools and knowledge to build a strong sales team in the Midlands, whilst maintaining a great work/life balance! phs Group truly believe in promoting within, with clear development plans in order to make this happen - I was even promoted once when I was 5 months pregnant... there are not many companies that could honestly say they would do that!!!

Cons

I appreciate not everyone will share in my experiences, however I genuinely believe there are very few cons to working for phs Group!

phs Group2019-04-27
  2. "An insider's view of Finance at PHS"

Former Employee - Project Accountant in Caerphilly, Wales

I worked at phs Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Supportive manager Really friendly staff - especially at PHS Teacrate Great on the job training Work hours are fairly low, which helps with work life balance Free lunch in the Caerphilly canteen Car allowance / company car

Cons

Compensation and benefits are on the low side but improving Role involved travelling (4 days in every 4 week period) Occasional Sunday work in my specific role (2 hours)

Advice to Management

The role I did was a really great training role and my manager was really supportive and should be commended. Pensions and other benefits such as maternity/paternity/sick are at the bare minimum by law. I know it would be expensive, but It might help display that you care about your employees by increasing some of these above the statutory minimum. Encourage flexible working / working from home to help with employee satisfaction

phs Group2018-10-23

"Great Employer"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Caerphilly, Wales
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Listen to their employees and consult with them before making changes. Lots of positive changes happening. The people make this business and there is a good work/life balance. Lots of opportunities if you want to progress. Interesting business to work for.

Cons

Lots of changes to senior management which impacts on consistancy.

phs Group2018-02-15