phs Group "working environment" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

phs Group Employee Reviews about "working environment"

Updated 10 Jul 2019

4.0
phs Group CEO David Taylor-Smith
David Taylor-Smith
Pros
  • "Free lunch in the Caerphilly canteen(in 9 reviews)

• "Relaxed working environment with music playing all day - we have been known to have the odd dance when we get the sales in(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Head office location means lower wages than in city location(in 6 reviews)

• "Terrible Service - Terrible Customer Service and Terrible Managers(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "working environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Nearly 16 years!"

Current Employee - Wholesale & Distribution Manager in Tamworth, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good people, pleasant working environment, fair pay.

Cons

System upgrade required - which is in being look at. No flexible working scheme, and not able to carry holiday's over to next FY.

phs Group2019-07-10

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really good work environment with some great incentives to match. All of the management staff are really supportive and want each staff member to do the best they can. The office environment is really welcoming and everyone chips in to make sure your well supported. The C-suite staff are heavily involved in the day to day activities and take advice on board and make a huge effort to make sure we have all of the... tools and resources we need to do our jobs.

Cons

none that are worth worrying about

Advice to Management

keep doing what your doing

phs Group2019-05-31
  3. "Great company, Great Values"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Waterlooville, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work Environment, Good pay structure, Good development path to progress

Cons

None that I can think of

phs Group2019-05-28
  4. "Professional Happy Site (PHS)... Come Join Us - Be The Best You Can Be!"

Current Employee - Telesales Account Manager in Tamworth, England

I have been working at phs Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Having vowed I would never work in a Telesales environment - having worked with PHS for 2.5 years now - I love the job. The Company is structured, has vision - knows what it wants to achieve and how its going to do so. The people here are great - we all look out for each other - we have leaders, but not dictators. Relaxed working environment with music playing all day - we have been known to have the odd... dance when we get the sales in! We have reasonable and achievable monthly targets to work towards - which if you put the work in - you get the results, which means a healthy bonus at the end of the period and quarter. Good commission structure....... I've had my best period ever, on target to achieve 150% of my quarterly bonus ...... that means over £5k over 3 periods... Happy Days! Our area of the Business is growing and we are looking for some more great people to join us - so if you are like I used to be, thinking Telesales is not the job - think again - working for PHS could be the best thing you ever do. PHS provide an in-depth induction course - you will not be thrown in at the deep end.

Cons

If I can be picky - we can tend to fight over air conditioning.

Advice to Management

Employee benefits are limited for the size of the Company.

phs Group2019-05-17
  5. "Best company I worked for"

Former Employee - IT Business Partner in Caerphilly, Wales

I worked at phs Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked at PHS for 6 years and have recently retired after 40 years work. On reflection, and considering the companies that I have worked at over these years, then I have to say that PHS comes top of my list for providing an efficient working environment. The people, the processes and the company structure are all designed to satisfy both customers and employees i.e. it is a company that is very close to... achieving the ideal balance within a workplace. I experienced much change during my time with PHS, and on leaving the organisation, I believe it to be a dynamic, and practical company. PHS has recently made great leaps in providing a technology platform that I consider to be world class, efficient, and one that supports both customer and employees with the objective of providing positive outcomes for all concerned. The workforce within PHS is without doubt the most professional, friendly and efficient set of co-workers that I experienced through my 40 years of working at various high profile organisations. The technology platform continues to be improved, and is an indication of the professionalism and expertise within the IT department. I consider this to be a great organisation that provides employees with an opportunity to learn, perform, and help grow the company.

Cons

There may be certain functions within the organisation that require more manpower in order to attain a higher level of effective performance. The impact of extreme re-organisation and technology upgrades can sometimes have an unsettling effect on employees. But the upside of this is that it is evidence that the company is prepared to continually adapt itself to an ever-changing market.

Advice to Management

Keep on changing and adapting to market requirements, Its going the right way.

phs Group2019-05-06

"Worst service in the industry and don't seem to care for the staff."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at phs Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good money to be made and you are in control of your diary. Relaxed working environment and not much micro management.

Cons

Lots of changes in personnel including CEO and don't really focus on what matters most. Management don't seem to care much about the staff at all.

Advice to Management

Remember it's the staff that make or break a business. Invest more time and effort in looking after the staff and in turn they will look after the company. Get the service right, customers constantly let down all the time on service and when they're not happy, they're threatened with a cancellation fee.

phs Group2016-01-14
  7. "Nutritionist"

Nutri
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at phs Group for more than a year

Pros

Good people, easy working environment, good commute

Cons

Micromanagement, disorganized at times, nonequal treatment

Advice to Management

Not a bad place to start but if you want to hold talent, offer ways to move up in the organization

phs Group2016-03-15
  8. "Ok"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at phs Group

Pros

Flexibility and casual work environment Benefits are nice and pay is ok The people seem nice to work with in my department

Cons

I think the pay could be better...I think that the upper management team can be close-minded at times which causes frustration

Advice to Management

Listen to your team and try to implement ideas they may have in order to create a better working environment

phs Group2010-07-27