wagamama Reviews

Found 569 of over 829 reviews

4.0
wagamama CEO Thomas Heier
Thomas Heier
Pros
  • "flexible hours, free food, great tips, friendly management(in 86 reviews)

• "Free food, good tips, flexible shifts(in 35 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours and poor work/ life balance(in 55 reviews)

• "long split shifts at most branches(in 32 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee
      Featured Review

if you work in hospitality, this is the company you want to work for!

Feb 20, 2021 - General Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

wagamama it's a company with a great structure and offer lot's of support to be the best you can be at your role. full of people who really care for the success of the company but most importantly care for each other, have passion for fresh food and know how to have fun while working in face pace environment. If you already work in hospitality or considering a career in, this is the company you want to work for!

Cons

if you enjoy hospitality and know what it brings then there's no cons really!

1 person found this review helpful

Employer Brand + Talent Acquisition Executive

thank you so much for the 5 star review, it's really great to hear! we hope you continue to enjoy your time with us + wish you all the best for the future! wagamama recruitment team 😊

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I like working at wagamama

Jul 14, 2021 - Kitchen Porter in Enfield, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

they are good people, and they are always talking to you, they never leave you alone

Cons

sometimes the time, and it's also very tiring

Employer Brand + Talent Acquisition Executive

hey there, thanks for taking the time to leave us such a positive review, we really appreciate it! great to hear that you love the atmosphere + hope that you continue to progress as an important part of the wagamama family. wagamama recruitment team 😊

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fun, exciting and always something new’

Jul 17, 2021 - Front of House - Team Member in Paddington, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Brilliant place to work, the enviroment is super friendly! The care and support I have received through my time here has been amazing. What’s interesting comparing to other jobs within customer service is that your able to be yourself whilst working, they celebrate the fact you are an individual! Everyone’s different. But that’s what makes the Wagamama’s so special. I have felt great sense of pride whilst working as there lots of different opportunities to get involved in whilst being here! The managers have been super supportive and have made me feel welcomed into this new environment with open arms hence coming to work now with a huge smile on my face!

Cons

I’ve actually really enjoyed my time here hence having no cons!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

amazing brand to be part of

Jul 15, 2021 - People Team in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

really love the brand and what it stands for - diversity and inclusion and being mindful of environment. there are a lot of things happening in terms of wellbeing for team members as well which is a step in right direction. love the people that I work with and no day is the same. the senior management invests in their teams’ development as well which is great

Cons

it is a fast paced environment and there is constant change in order to stay a market leading brand so you need to be prepared for it - other than that nothing really!

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

NO TRANSPARENCY/UNLOYAL TIPS MANAGEMENT

Jul 12, 2021 - FOH Team Member in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I cannot see any pros in this lack of tips transparency

Cons

Wagamama obliges FOH team members to leave their tips from the table service with the managers for them to share them across the team using a calculator with many variables but the managers are not allowed to disclose this calculator to the staff, so the staff are never aware if the tips arrive to their payslips correctly, on our payslips we just see the final figure for our tips share but we are not allowed to see how this figure has resulted from the calculation, it could be any other figure right or wrong, we cannot work it out ourselves to see if it is correct and if we are receiving the right money.

1 person found this review helpful

Employer Brand + Talent Acquisition Executive

hi there, thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. we're sorry to hear that your experience hasn't been perfect, however we really appreciate you sharing this information as it helps us improve + adapt. if you could please take a moment to send some further details to hrqueries@wagamama.com, our team will look into this for you

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Otherwise enjoyable work spoiled by management

Jul 23, 2021 - Line Chef in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Clean chef whites every shift Free meal with break Tips

Cons

Name badges Tronk Handsy management Culturally expected unpaid overtime Bare minimum break time (20 mins for 8+ hours)

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Opening of brand new wagamama restaurant in paddington.

Jul 6, 2021 - Senior Sous Chef in Hounslow, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wagamama is best company to work, because of its values. Kaizen in our heart and we have got each other’s back.

Cons

There are no downsides as this is best company to work for and grow as well.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work and grow as a person

Jul 14, 2021 - Junior Sous Chef in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing people with a great atmosphere at all times. Everyone is so nice and accepting of you. :)

Cons

It’s hard work but worth it

9. 4.0
      Former Employee

Jul 18, 2021 - General Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

none to be mentioned really

Cons

none that i can think of

Employer Brand + Talent Acquisition Executive

thank you so much for the 4 star review, it's really great to hear! we hope you continue to enjoy your time with us + wish you all the best for the future! wagamama recruitment team 😊

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Racist place to work

Jun 5, 2021 - Line Chef in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not any. They simply follows Taylor’s Scientific Management Theory. They think paying good is enough for a job. But it never motivated me, since all the positive factors were missing.

Cons

There are countless of them: 1. The management is very hypocritical, slow responses, and unhelpful. 2. Some red hat Junior sous chef acts very bossy and never really works. They like giving orders and chatting with people in their hierarchy. Some are so rude that they think line chefs are slaves. 3. In general, awful front of the house and back of the house. Behaviour is horrible. 4. Hygiene is awful. Line chefs usually clean the machines with dangerous chemicals, and then prepare the food simultaneously near the closing time. Nobody cares about allergen especially during closing time. As they are in a hurry to leave. 5. In many occasions my colleagues would look down on me because of my height and race and they said really mean things to me at work. 6. Many of the incidents I complained to my manager and supervisor but they were supporting each other and turned a blindfold. Very poor work culture.

Head of Talent Acquisition

hi, we are really sorry to read this review + your experience whilst at wagamama. we are striving to make wagamama a safe sanctuary and a place where everyone feels included. I would love it if you could reach out to our people services team (peopleservices@wagamama.com) to discuss your experience so we can look into it - thank you

Viewing 1 - 10 of 569 Reviews