wagamama Employee Reviews about "split shifts"

Updated Jul 15, 2021

Found 18 of over 976 reviews

3.7
wagamama CEO Thomas Heier
Thomas Heier
Pros
  • "You get free food on each shift(in 131 reviews)

• "inclusion are upper most in the wagamama culture - be yourself(in 59 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours/ Rotas are usually only realised a week ahead of schedule(in 104 reviews)

• "no cons for working at wagamama(in 43 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "split shifts"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Overall great

Jul 7, 2021 - Waitressing in Sevenoaks, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great staff and atmosphere when working

Cons

I found that the split shifts were hard to adjust to

Employer Brand + Talent Acquisition Executive

hey there, thanks for taking the time to leave us such a positive review, we really appreciate it! great to hear that you love the atmosphere + hope that you continue to progress as an important part of the wagamama family. wagamama recruitment team 😊

2. 4.0

Good part time job

Jul 15, 2021 - Front of House Staff in Liverpool, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun and friendly place to work. Good tips

Cons

Split shifts on a regular basis is annoying

Employer Brand + Talent Acquisition Executive

hey there, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your 4 star review with us. it's fantastic to see that you have a positive outlook whilst working for wagamama + that you enjoy the benefits of staff discount :) thank you for flagging your cons with us too + we wish you all the best for the future! wagamama recruitment team 😊

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good work place

Mar 24, 2021 - Front of House in Croydon, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Shared tips, free food allowance, breaks,

Cons

Fast pace environment, waiters have to do the cleaning aswell, split shifts

Employer Brand + Talent Acquisition Executive

thank you so much for the 5 star review, it's really great to hear! we're very glad that you enjoyed your time with us + wish you all the best for the future! wagamama recruitment team 😊

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

It was fine

Jan 23, 2021 - Front of House Staff in Sheffield, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free food, nice people, easy to get time off

Cons

Long shifts, split shifts, late Rotas

Employer Brand + Talent Acquisition Executive

hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments about working with us! it's great to hear that you enjoyed working with us + our team. we're always looking at ways to improve + would love to hear more from you! if you would like to send hrqueries@wagamama.com, we would really appreciate it! we wish you all the luck on your next journey! wagamama recruitment team 😊

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great workplace

Oct 20, 2020 - Waitress in Leeds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A funner, fast paced, unique kind of waitressing

Cons

long split shifts at most branches

talent acquisition partner

hey there, thanks for our 5 star review, we're so glad you think it's a great place to work. thank you for mentioning the cons too we appreciate the honest feedback. we hope you continue to enjoy your time with us + wish you all the best for the future! wagamama recruitment team 😊

6. 4.0

Great Place, very inclusive

Oct 14, 2020 - Front of House in Glasgow, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

good training and development. Free food, supportive management. Exceptional environment health

Cons

split shifts nothing else really

talent acquisition partner

thanks so much for our 4 star review. we're glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us + would recommend wagamama as a place to work. thanks for also mentioning the split shifts, we appreciate your honest feedback. all the best, the wagamama recruitment team 😊

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Very happy

Oct 5, 2020 - Team Member in Leeds, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great ethics, staff treated very well, very popular brand so lots of hours and opportunities

Cons

Hours can be long, split shifts with annoying breaks (12-3 5-close as an example)

talent acquisition partner

wow thank you so much for the 5 star review, it's really great to hear! we hope you continue to enjoy your time with us + wish you all the best for the future! wagamama recruitment team 😊

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

decent

Feb 3, 2020 - Front of House in Southampton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

tips, people, the food and environment

Cons

split shifts, lack of personal time and management

wagamama Response

hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments about working with us! it's great to hear that you enjoyed working with us + our team. we're always looking at ways to improve + would love to hear more from you! if you would like to send hrqueries@wagamama.com, we would really appreciate it! we wish you all the luck on your next journey! wagamama recruitment team :)

9. 2.0

Lack of Honesty and Communication

Nov 12, 2019 - Line Chef in York, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The training and support is good There are free meals on some shifts

Cons

The management is not honest about hours They hire you for a 20h contract and make you work 40h, with split shifts A lot of overtime Lack of honesty and communication about payslips and contracts

wagamama Response

hi there, thank you for taking the time to be open + honest with us in your review. we'd really like to hear more about the negative aspects of your review in reference to the shift patterns and communication - this will help us work towards improving things moving forward if you have the spare time, please could you send some further details to hrqueries@wagamama.com? wagamama recruitment team

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good place to work if you can handle stress

May 20, 2019 - Food Server in Guildford, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice colleaguess and job stability

Cons

Really long shifts .. plus split shifts where you could start at 10 and finish at midnight with a 3 hours break in between. The head office trying to cut hours as much as possible and then you have to work really short on some days struggling and trying to give good service for 15 tables in the same time.

wagamama Response

hi there, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. we are always looking to learn + improve. please feel free to send some further information to hrqueries@wagamama.com thank you wagamama recruitment team

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews