zulily Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 770 reviews

2.7
zulily CEO Jeff Yurcisin
Jeff Yurcisin
Pros
  • "Great benefits, great people to work with(in 48 reviews)

• "Its a fast paced work environment that always keeps me on my toes(in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • "The pay is lower than other places but there's a lot of work/life balance and you get to work with amazing people(in 52 reviews)

• "Very low pay - compared to most other software companies in Seattle(in 47 reviews)

1. "Drank the cool aid"

I worked at zulily full-time

Pros

Culture, pace of work, positive attitude, delivering results.

Cons

Working in the UK, not getting all the good juice from the US.

Advice to Management

Take Europe on again!

zulily2018-09-20
  2. "Uk Management ruined the place!"

Administration in London, England

I worked at zulily

Pros

Nice environment and great people, nice location.. but towards the end the change of management ruined this

Cons

Unfortunately the choice of directors in the UK made this a place that people wanted to work in to a place people wanted to leve!

Advice to Management

Be more selective with recruitment

zulily2016-03-29

"Turbulent"

I worked at zulily full-time

Pros

Very few good reasons. The team work hard and can be friendly but management creates a lot of un-required animosity.

Cons

Political, unable to make decisions, hire and fire, lack of commercial awareness, poor management, weak leadership.

Advice to Management

Make some decisions and stick to them.

zulily2014-06-15
  4. "Zulily"

Current Employee - Vendor Specialist

I have been working at zulily full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun environment, friendly coworkers and leads

Cons

Less benefits, little room for growth

zulily2019-09-16
  5. "Good starting company"

Former Employee - Assistant Buyer

I worked at zulily full-time

Pros

Young fun coworker , fun environment

Cons

High pressure, no career growth

zulily2019-09-07

"need better leadership"

Current Employee - Senior Buyer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at zulily full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

people who work there are great

Cons

lack of leadership at lower levels lack of strategy at lower levels work/life balance

Advice to Management

need better leadership and strategy passed down to the teams. work/life balance needs to be better.

zulily2019-09-16
  7. "From start-up to corporate culture, still a great company to work for"

Former Employee - User Experience Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at zulily full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Zulily is a great company with strong leadership and tons of smart, talented, hard-working people that aren't afraid to take risks and use Tech, data and ML to innovate ahead of competitors. CEO Jeff Y is a strong customer experience (CX) advocate and is a passionate, dedicated and accessible (as in very open door/approachable) leader. The culture is by far the most fun that I have experienced in 20+ years in Tech,... going all out for Halloween, Cookie Exchange (NOT your typical holiday cookie party), free Sounders Club tickets, impromptu celebrations...all made memorable by a world-class Creative and Studio team. You will work hard, but have a lot of fun along the way. I also love that Zulily is big on promoting from within the company, supporting job shadows, training and moving to different disciplines and across orgs.

Cons

While innovation is an important value from Zulily's start-up days ("Color outside the lines" and "Make the impossible happen"), it's taken more than a few years for Zulily to transition out of start-up mentality/processes and prioritize quality product/CX over quantity of features/MVPs. That said, there are good things happening in Tech with dedicated squads/pods and ruthless prioritization to hopefully enforce... higher quality product (albeit fewer "releases").

zulily2019-08-28

"Company Changes"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at zulily full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great co-workers, location, benefits have gotten better

Cons

Senior Management, career growth, not open to remote working

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they are worth, listen to them and help them grow. There isn't a lot of growth once you get to a certain level and management wasn't trying to foster growth within employees. When the company began it was amazing but it changed so much and lost it's original edge. Hopefully they are planning to go back to how it used to be as people were happier. Allow employees to work remotely.

zulily2019-08-20

"Love it !!"

Current Employee - Packing in Sparks, NV

I have been working at zulily full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love the benefits. People treat me respect and acknowledge when I am over performing. I was a manager in Hospitality for 30 years before coming to Zulily. I respect all leads and I understand all the pressure all higher ups deal with every day. Good balance between life and work. Oppurtunity for over time when i choose to do it.

Cons

The cap on hourly team member pay is low. Place is huge, when its break time after we get to break area, we only have a few minutes till we have to get back. It's extremely hot. Fans barely moving. Just turn up the fans and give us time to get to break and things would be great.

Advice to Management

Please it is so hot. Some packing stations have no air circulation at all, but if you would turn up the cieling fans it would create some air flow to these stations. I have been there for 4 months and was told in orientation that I would get my first increase after 90 days but I have not heard anything about it yet. Love working here just please make better the things you have control over.

zulily2019-08-08

"Good place to learn. Horrible place for professional growth."

Former Employee - Assistant Buyer in Seattle, WA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at zulily full-time for more than a year

Pros

I learned a lot in the first year, depending what team you are on you get a lot of freedom to try and test new things.

Cons

Management. There is no upward mobility in this position as the company is transitioning. No development plan for employees, truly felt like promotions were based on popularity instead of actual work produced. Extremely clicky.

zulily2019-08-28