At Citadel, our mission is to be the most successful investment team in the world. Quantitative Researchers play a key role in this mission by developing next-generation models and trading approaches for a range of investment strategies. As an intern, you’ll get to challenge the impossible in research through an 11 week program that will allow you to collaborate and connect with senior team members and our CEO Ken Griffin. In addition, you’ll get the opportunity to network and socialize with peers at iconic venues.
- Conceptualize valuation strategies, develop and continuously improve upon mathematical models, and help translate algorithms into code
- Back test and implement trading models and signals in an active, live trading environment
- Use unconventional data sources to drive innovation
- Conduct research and statistical analysis to build and refine monetization systems for trading signals
Your Skills & Talents:
- Advanced training in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, or another highly quantitative field (Bachelors, Masters, PhD degree)
- Strong knowledge of probability and statistics (e.g. machine learning, time-series analysis, pattern recognition, NLP)
- Background working in a data driven research environment
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB), distributed computing (e.g. MapReduce), and analytical packages (e.g. R, Matlab)
- Independent research experience
- Excellent analytical skills, with strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Opportunities available in Chicago, New York, London, Hong Kong
Citadel is a global investment firm built around world-class talent, sound risk management, and innovative leading-edge technology. For thirty years, Citadel’s hedge funds have delivered meaningful and measurable results to top-tier investors around the world, including sovereign wealth funds, public institutions, corporate pensions, endowments and foundations.
With an unparalleled ability to identify and execute on great ideas, Citadel’s team of investment professionals, operating from offices including Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, Hong Kong and Shanghai, deploy capital across all major asset classes, in all major financial markets.