Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Average Difficulty
1,462 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Heathrow, England

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

Interview Details I completed the application online, and received an email scheduling a telephone interview with a couple of days. The application process itself was very easy, the form is short and there are some personality questions that took about 20 minutes to answer.

My telephone interview was quite short, no longer than 10 minutes. The questions asked were about my sales and customer service experience. I feel the interview is to confirm any experience, rather than getting a more in-depth idea of what you have done. I was also asked about my further career aspirations. The person on the phone was very pleasant and told me straight away that I would be invited for a second, face to face, interview.

The second interview was quite short as well, it lasted about 20 or 30 minutes. This was with one to one interview. We had a general chat and then I was asked about my sales and customer service experience. I was asked what I thought good customer service was, how to make sales, what work ethic is, and questions about career motivation.

Interview Question – What is work ethic?   Answer Question

Graduate Management Trainee Interview

Graduate Management Trainee
Heathrow, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

Interview Details Online application followed by a phone interview. 2 interviews one about you eligibility to work in UK. Questions about your previous employment. Questions about why you want to work there. Lets you know the length and details about the program.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Enterprise Rent-A-Car   Answer Question

Graduate Management Trainee Interview

Graduate Management Trainee
Southampton, England

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Interview Details Had to fill out an online application form which was faster than most graduate schemes online application, just the basics like address, employment history, etc. Nothing complicated.
Next up was a telephone interview with a local HR department. They asked me to demonstrate using my experience how I have been a leader, worked in a stressful sales based environment, and if I'd be happy working long hours (6 days a week, 10 hour days on average), they also asked to relate this to uni degree and any other employment you've had.
Note that they hide the salary well too, I believe it's very close to minimum wage when you work out the hours you need to put in.

Interview Question – Please tell us about a time when you lead a team to success.   Answer Question

Sheffield, England

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied for job online by submitting CV. Received email 2 days later offering me initial telephone interview. Asked about my experience in the competencies they were looking for (leadership, sales.) Received email the next day saying I had not been selected as they wanted a candidate with more sales experience.

Interview Question – None really, very basic during telephone interview. Know your CV inside out!   Answer Question

Heathrow, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in June 2013.

Interview Details First process is the telephone interview, followed by an interview with the talent acquisition team, then an interview in a branch you could possibly be placed in, followed by an all day assessment centre, after this you find out if you have the job, once you have got the job they invite you to 1 week of training at head office where you stay over all expenses paid.

Interview Question – The scenario based questions which you go through with an area manager at the assessment centre.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was very simple as i knew i wanted the job, so as soon as i got it and passed every single stage which took 2months, i jumped at the chance and accepted straight away.

Management Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Interview Details Goes through a few stages, was fairly simple in initial application form process.

Got an email asking to set a telephone interview, earliest date was around 1.5 weeks away, took it and prepared through common questions and the the competencies Enterprise look for; Customer Service, Sales, Work Ethic, Leadership, Communication and Flexibility.

The day for phone interview came, waited 3 hours, and nothing came through. Had phone in front of me all the way through. Got an email saying they tried but couldn't get through - Doesn't make sense, phone was on and working fine. Wasted a morning which I could have been more productive.

Emailed back asking when it can be re-scheduled for, no response. Made a few calls to try get in-touch, still nothing.

Interview Question – About the Company   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Edinburgh, Scotland

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2012.

Interview Details The first stage was online application with a small test. Nothing too complicated, based on candidate's competencies.
At the next stage I was invited to one of the company's branches and had a face-to-face interview with the manager. The interview went well. It was intense with many examples from my previous positions and university achievements. I enjoyed the interview and opportunity to find out more about the role and company.
The next stage was the interview in Stirling with the Recruitment manager. Again competency questions, situational questions, examples, opportunity to ask own questions.
The fourth and the last stage was an assessment day. It took almost the whole day with a lunch break with pizza and opportunity to speak to the company representatives, as well as a Director from the USA office. The day was very intense. There were several stages. The first was a presentation stage. Each candidate introduced him/herself, then there was a presentation from the Recruitment Manager with a quiz for ice-breaking. Next candidates had a writing task. This involved scheduling a day at work, some calculations of car rents, scheduling drivers' timetable and so on. Another task was a group decision making process. The candidates had to choose one of the charity-support options and argue their choices. The main idea was to be active, defend your ideas, and be co-operative with other group members. The last task was an imaginary meeting with a client. One manager acted as a client and another was taking notes. Candidates were given different situations and had to persuade a client in the most profitable for the company solution. However, it was also important to retain good customer relations. The main goal was not to give up too quickly and continue persuading the "client" on the price, contract and so on.

After that long process I got a decline and was promised to be contacted by the Recruiting Manager for the feedback. However, it took me really a long time to get that feedback. The manager was busy all the time, and I could not contact him for a while. Eventually I ran into him at one event and got the feedback I wanted.

Interview Question – The task to persuade a client to close a deal, when he was completely against it.   View Answer

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Management Trainee Intern

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details The application process was exactly the same for the graduate scheme, which is good as it gives you a good insight into how the business operates.
This is a five stage application process:

1) An online application form. This was quite straight forward, just a few essay style questions which required slightly longer answers but the questions were pretty easy
2) I got called a few days later to arrange a telephone interview with a talent acquisition manager. She was really lovely and it was all competency based questions, and a few others such as 'why do you want to work for enterprise'. Instead of reeling off facts about the company that are on the website, try and link the core values of the company to your skills.
3) I then passed through to a one on one interview with a talent acquisition officer in the Redditch branch. Again, the interviewer was really lovely and made me feel at ease. It wasn't too daunting, so its a great opportunity to show your personality and your reasons for choosing Enterprise!
4) I then got put through to a branch visit, which I completed in Birmingham airport. This may seem like being put in the deep end as the airport was high pressured, fast paced, and customers were really wanting to just get out the airport and on the road! However, it was a brilliant way to learn how to cope in these situations, and to start learning how some of the business systems operate. Make sure you ask loads of questions and interact with as many members of staff and the public as possible. I then had another interview with the branch manager, much like the one I had before. This was mainly competency based again, and so make sure you prepare loads of examples!
5) The last stage was an assessment day. I had a large gap between my branch visit and assessment day, and so had loads of time to prepare. This is a mix between doing group tasks, such as a discussion between about six of you and presenting your ideas to the financial board (area managers). It also involved role play, which is much less daunting than I thought as it was just between you and an area manager. I also had 30 minutes to plan a morning in a branch, which was probably the most tricky part of the day. Just make sure you justify everything you do and remain calm! The final part was a last interview with an area manager, who was really friendly and asked me more competency based questions. This was the part where the area manager asked me more about my career goals. Enterprise have a great emphasis on hiring people who have a long term career with them in mind, so bear this in mind if this isn't what you're after! The assessors stressed to us in the morning that the day was relatively informal, and that you weren't in competition with the other candidates.
All in all, every member of staff was friendly, accommodating and the process wasn't daunting at all, so just be yourself.

Interview Question – I was asked which other companies I'd apply for, always a tricky one!   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Graduate Trainee

I applied online - interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

Interview Details This is currently an ongoing process. I have completed an online application (including a personality test) and telephone interview. The online application was fairly standard, and led to an invitation for a phone interview within a couple of days. The actual interview only lasted for 10 minutes, and consisted of very straightforward questions. These primarily related to my strengths and weaknesses. There were also a number of questions which required me to provide examples of previous situations where I have shown leadership/sales skills etc. The next step will be a face to face interview with a recruiter.

Interview Question – -What are your strengths?
-Why do you want to work for enterprise?
- When have you provided leadership?
  Answer Question

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Management Trainee Intern

Interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Interview Details Application form, including CV, then i had a telephone interview, branch visit and assessment center.

Interview Question – What other internships have you applied to?   Answer Question

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!