Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Updated 26 Feb 2015
1,708 Interview Reviews

2.8

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Quite long but very fair process. The online application is easy to fill out and doesn't take long. Afterwards there will be a telephone interview, which will be over very quick too and is just to see what you are currently doing, where you'd like to work etc. Afterwards you will be invited for a personal interview, mine was in Heathrow. This also didn't last longer than 30 minutes and was fine. I haven't heard back from them yet.

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Stared with a telephone interview then a face to face interview. I was contacted both by telephone and email. Everyone I have spoken to has been extremely friendly so far.

Application process was online. There are a lot of positions available.

Summer Interview

process so far has been very simple. telephone interview followed by a head office interview, followed by a regional interview. I am currently waiting on hearing about my regional interview and then hopefully I will be progressing to the assessment centre.

Graduate Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

very quick process, i had the phone interview, initial interview and branch visit within 1 week. communication between myself and HR was excellent, I received fast responses via email. They focus on customer service and sales experience the most which leads me to wonder if they really only just want sales people.

the average working week is 50 hours which is horrendous considering you get paid less than the average graduate salary.

I am visiting the branch soon for my final interview so i will be able to get a feel for the place. Need to think about whether to accept or decline if i do get an offer

SummerManagement Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

The process was quite straight forward. An online application followed by a telephone interview. The telephone interview was first of all later than scheduled and also only lasted no more than 4 minutes. It seemed that they were in a rush as it was the end of the day and were hurrying the answers I gave. It seemed completely pointless to have such a short telephone interview that was so rushed it stressed me out a bit. I was offered a face to face interview there and then.

The interview itself was quite some while away, and every other summer intern position I have ever heard of has offered travel expenses (considering they're trying to attract the best, not the wealthiest uni students). I was therefore quite surprised that I was asked to travel 3 hours for an interview costing a lot of money; with no expenses covered. I was even more surprised that I had to travel so far when they have branches in most towns; and the interviewer was merely following a script of questions from a piece of paper. It seemed to me a complete waste of a journey and my money; for a company that obviously didn't seem willing to invest in its potential graduates.

I didn't get offered a job and thus asked for feedback regarding the interview experience however received no reply. Overall, it seemed a waste of time applying, my money travelling and time. I don't understand why the telephone interview was a bit more rigorous in order to stop people having to travel so far for an interview, only to not get the job.

1. Apply online

2. Telephone interview
        * Initial screening - entirely competency based
        * Approx 10-15 minutes
        * TIP: have detailed examples and be ready to expand on what you've said.

3. Invitation to interview at a rental branch + experience life in an Enterprise office
        * Work a few hours, 'shadow' an existing team member
        * Interview with branch manager at the end (more competency-based questions)
        * TIP: talk to employees at the branch. A lot. The manager will ask them what they thought of you
                  & they play a large part in the manager's decision to progress you or not. Engage with
                  customers even if it's just small-talk. Don't be a wallflower.

4. Assessment centre
        * Team-orientated tasks and group exercises
        * Role play a presentation/fake meeting with hiring managers
          (e.g. one employee is falling behind with his sales figures and you've called a 'meeting')
        * Competency interview at the end with another hiring manager
        * TIP: Find a balance between commanding and respectful, don't talk over others. An entire
                  assessment group can (and does) get hired, or none at all. It depends. My group
                  didn't finish any of its tasks due to bickering and strong personalities but *most* of us were
                  still offered a role. In the role-play/presentation managers are often found in character- they
                  play roles of disinterested employees etc - and the one I had even sat on his phone the
                  entire time. Distracting as it is, resist the urge to get mad at this 'employee' if something like
                  this happens to you...it's a ploy to see how you handle employee/customer engagement
                  and conflict resolution.

5. Job Offer (If successful)
         * I heard back within the week.

Interview Questions
    • No question is particularly 'difficult', just be prepared to go into your answers to any questions in a lot of detail.   Answer Question
    No chance to negotiate, I was dictated to more than anything. Read the company reviews on Glassdoor before making a decision which will have a major impact on your life.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2015.

First there was a telephone interview which lasted 15 min. Then I had a face to face interview and that was simple and straight forward. Im due to visit a local branch as that is the next stage of the process.

Interview Questions
    • Example of when I had to tell something negative to somebody   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Applied online application form, followed by a telephone interview, invited to a face to face interview. Then invited to 3 hour branch visit including another informal interview. Final assessment centre including group discussion, role play and final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you have gone the extra mile for a customer?   View Answer

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

I applied for the Business Management 12 month placement scheme. The process starts with an online application form and CV, then a telephone interview with a talent acquisition manager, branch interview, and finally assessment centre. I only got to the telephone interview however.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were fairly typical, all based around the competencies on the website and the role. I was asked to tell him about myself, why I wanted to work for enterprise, what I thought the 3 most interesting things about the company were, how competitive I am and an example of when I've been competitive, the extent of my experience in retail, a time I showed leadership, what my strengths and weaknesses are in customer service and favourite/least favourite part of selling, what extra curricular activities I participated in at university only (not outside of university) and why I got into them...
      I did most of the talking though.

He told me and a friend of mine who had the interview the same day, that he would get back to us with a decision within 7 days. It's now been 3 weeks and neither of us have heard anything.
      I received a phone call with an offer, for a placement at a different company, the evening of this interview and accepted, but waiting for the result from enterprise for curiosities sake. Looks like I might have to wait a while longer though!
      I think it's really bad and shows disorganisation that we were told definitely within 7 days and it hasn't been followed through, if it were the other way around and they were waiting on a candidate they would write them off. Not that it matters to me now that I have another placement confirmed, but for all they know I, or someone else, could be waiting by the phone for their response and I just don't think that's fair.

The job itself does seem like something I would be happy doing though, so a bit of a shame.

Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

phone interview- branch interview- Assessment Centre everyone is really friendly and welcoming if you have any questions feel free to ask as this shows you are interested. Do your homework on the company aswell.