Enterprise Rent-A-Car Interview Questions

1,549 Interview Reviews

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in October 2014.

First stage is a relatively short online application that is more based around past experience than anything else.

The next stage for myself was a short phone interview. I didn't think I did too well within the interview (due to a lack of sales experience and not very informative feedback from the interviewer, they seemed to be in a rush). Also the email that was sent to me to say when the interview was, was wrong. I was expecting the call between 4-5 and received the call at 20 to 6, and by this time I had already contacted the company to request a reschedule.

However, I have progressed to the next stage of the interview process which is a one to one interview with HR at the office closest to me.

Further details of the interview process are online I believe.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have with sales?   View Answer

Graduate Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlisle, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlisle, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in September 2014.

1st stage: very easy initial application form
    2nd stage: 10min phone interview where they ask you basic competence questions and then if you are successful invite you to a face to face interview
    3rd stage: the face to face interview lasts around 30 mins with one of their HR recruiters. it is pretty much exactly like an extended version of the phone interview with a few more competency questions all based on the competencies highlighted on their website.
    4th stage: this is a branch visit where you basically stand around getting in everyone's way for several hours followed by another interview by a branch manager which is essentially exactly the same as the face to face interview.
    5th stage: assessment centre (havent completed this yet)

Interview Questions
    • very difficult to answer the competency questions adequately unless you have sales or customer service experience and examples to go with that experience.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Answered a simple form and the arranged a telephone interview for the following week. However when they called there had been a mix up and therefore no job actually on offer.

Asked questions like why that company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in July 2014.

I completed the application online, and received an email scheduling a telephone interview with a couple of days. The application process itself was very easy, the form is short and there are some personality questions that took about 20 minutes to answer.

My telephone interview was quite short, no longer than 10 minutes. The questions asked were about my sales and customer service experience. I feel the interview is to confirm any experience, rather than getting a more in-depth idea of what you have done. I was also asked about my further career aspirations. The person on the phone was very pleasant and told me straight away that I would be invited for a second, face to face, interview.

The second interview was quite short as well, it lasted about 20 or 30 minutes. This was with one to one interview. We had a general chat and then I was asked about my sales and customer service experience. I was asked what I thought good customer service was, how to make sales, what work ethic is, and questions about career motivation.

Graduate Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in May 2014.

Had to fill out an online application form which was faster than most graduate schemes online application, just the basics like address, employment history, etc. Nothing complicated.
    Next up was a telephone interview with a local HR department. They asked me to demonstrate using my experience how I have been a leader, worked in a stressful sales based environment, and if I'd be happy working long hours (6 days a week, 10 hour days on average), they also asked to relate this to uni degree and any other employment you've had.
    Note that they hide the salary well too, I believe it's very close to minimum wage when you work out the hours you need to put in.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us about a time when you lead a team to success.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

Goes through a few stages, was fairly simple in initial application form process.

Got an email asking to set a telephone interview, earliest date was around 1.5 weeks away, took it and prepared through common questions and the the competencies Enterprise look for; Customer Service, Sales, Work Ethic, Leadership, Communication and Flexibility.

The day for phone interview came, waited 3 hours, and nothing came through. Had phone in front of me all the way through. Got an email saying they tried but couldn't get through - Doesn't make sense, phone was on and working fine. Wasted a morning which I could have been more productive.

Emailed back asking when it can be re-scheduled for, no response. Made a few calls to try get in-touch, still nothing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, England

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in March 2014.

Applied for job online by submitting CV. Received email 2 days later offering me initial telephone interview. Asked about my experience in the competencies they were looking for (leadership, sales.) Received email the next day saying I had not been selected as they wanted a candidate with more sales experience.

Interview Questions
    • None really, very basic during telephone interview. Know your CV inside out!   Answer Question

Management Trainee Intern Interview

The application process was exactly the same for the graduate scheme, which is good as it gives you a good insight into how the business operates.
    This is a five stage application process:

1) An online application form. This was quite straight forward, just a few essay style questions which required slightly longer answers but the questions were pretty easy
    2) I got called a few days later to arrange a telephone interview with a talent acquisition manager. She was really lovely and it was all competency based questions, and a few others such as 'why do you want to work for enterprise'. Instead of reeling off facts about the company that are on the website, try and link the core values of the company to your skills.
    3) I then passed through to a one on one interview with a talent acquisition officer in the Redditch branch. Again, the interviewer was really lovely and made me feel at ease. It wasn't too daunting, so its a great opportunity to show your personality and your reasons for choosing Enterprise!
    4) I then got put through to a branch visit, which I completed in Birmingham airport. This may seem like being put in the deep end as the airport was high pressured, fast paced, and customers were really wanting to just get out the airport and on the road! However, it was a brilliant way to learn how to cope in these situations, and to start learning how some of the business systems operate. Make sure you ask loads of questions and interact with as many members of staff and the public as possible. I then had another interview with the branch manager, much like the one I had before. This was mainly competency based again, and so make sure you prepare loads of examples!
    5) The last stage was an assessment day. I had a large gap between my branch visit and assessment day, and so had loads of time to prepare. This is a mix between doing group tasks, such as a discussion between about six of you and presenting your ideas to the financial board (area managers). It also involved role play, which is much less daunting than I thought as it was just between you and an area manager. I also had 30 minutes to plan a morning in a branch, which was probably the most tricky part of the day. Just make sure you justify everything you do and remain calm! The final part was a last interview with an area manager, who was really friendly and asked me more competency based questions. This was the part where the area manager asked me more about my career goals. Enterprise have a great emphasis on hiring people who have a long term career with them in mind, so bear this in mind if this isn't what you're after! The assessors stressed to us in the morning that the day was relatively informal, and that you weren't in competition with the other candidates.
    All in all, every member of staff was friendly, accommodating and the process wasn't daunting at all, so just be yourself.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked which other companies I'd apply for, always a tricky one!   Answer Question

Management Trainee Intern Interview

Application form, including CV, then i had a telephone interview, branch visit and assessment center.

Graduate Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Enterprise Rent-A-Car in January 2014.

This is currently an ongoing process. I have completed an online application (including a personality test) and telephone interview. The online application was fairly standard, and led to an invitation for a phone interview within a couple of days. The actual interview only lasted for 10 minutes, and consisted of very straightforward questions. These primarily related to my strengths and weaknesses. There were also a number of questions which required me to provide examples of previous situations where I have shown leadership/sales skills etc. The next step will be a face to face interview with a recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • -What are your strengths?
      -Why do you want to work for enterprise?
      - When have you provided leadership?
        Answer Question