Computer Futures Solutions

www.computerfutures.com
  www.computerfutures.com
There are newer employer reviews for Computer Futures Solutions

NEVER AGAIN!

Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

I worked at Computer Futures Solutions

Pros

* Great office location
* Office is in a nice building
* Young team
* Job where you do not have to think

Cons

Where should I start? I worked at CF for 3 months. I got lured into the "glamour"and good pay of their aggresive recruitment campaign and was too naive to see the truth beihind their lies. It was clear to me after about 3 weeks that this is not a company I want to work. The work environment is not good, the work you are doing is boring, repetitous and downright degrading and not respected by the business world. In addittion to this, the management is extremly unprofessional.
I have resigned about 2 months ago and am now working in a "normal" company which ich like heaven compared to CF.

Work at CF starts at 08:30. You will be considered lazy if you are not there by 8:00, and do not considere coming even one minute past 8:30- ever. It is not accepted and you will get "punished"' by your manager meaning that you will cover the phones during lunchtime.
At 8:30 a team meeting takes place, where you present you day plan and it is painstakenly discussed what you do that day- by the minute. This is pretty funny considering you more or less do the same thing everyday. During this meeting your personal KPI (Key performance Indicatiors) will be set. Several times a day (and if your unlucky several times an hour) you will checked if you are doing what you are supposed to be doing and if you will reach your target. This is usually acompanied by rude language.

From around 9:00 till 13:00 the first part of the day starts. This is 99 out of 100 times canvass calling- it is expected that you are on the phone for at least 90 minutes and this ofcourse is also checked. Calls will be either cold or existing clients from the database. This is usually rather depressing work most people you call do not want to be called by you and do not respect you.(which I can understand, as we sometimes end up calling them several times a week)

at 13:00 til 14:00 you have a lunch break. This is totally inflexible so you better be hungry at 13:00, because this is also the only break you will have during the day. No other breaks are allowed- if you are lucky you can get a glass of water or go to the toilet- but make sure you keep it under 3 minutes !

at 14:00 sharp- and dont be one minute late! the afternoon "'shift" begins, which usually deals with the recruitment side of the job- interviewing people, searching for profiles etc. In the afternoon you also have to do your daily "mailshot" which is basically another word for spam. Aim is to send CVs out to as many managers as possible. In this company you are activly encouraged to spam your clients. ( ofcourse they dont see it as spaming, but the rest of the world does, including the annoyed clients).
Ofcourse you need something to spam your poor clients with- these are typically CVs of people who do not know that their CV is being send around the country, and sometimes even CVs of people who have explicitly told us they do not want cf to send out their cv to anyone. This is ignored. Ofcourse all names are removed from the CV - and then their are ruthlessly send around the country.

Work officially end at 17:30, but dont EVER think you will be able to leave the office at that time - if you leave before 19:00, you will get strange looks.( ok to be fair exept on fridays, there they allow you to leave at 17:30 every now and then)

There are a lot of other things I do not like about this company, I think I could write a book about it. One last thing I wanted to share with you, is that computer futures is part of a holding called sthree. Sthree has a lot of recruitment brands including Huxly associates, JP gray, progressive, real resources, orgtel and others, and they all operate the same way. If you are ever approached by one of these companies beware!!!

1.Give your employees more freedom - be more flexible when it comes to working hours
2. One of the companies values is respect. Respect is in my opinion not seen anywhere in the company. Use of swearwords is totally normal- this has to be changed.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Computer Futures Solutions (View Most Recent)

Une très bonne école

Current Employee - Consultante En Recrutement in Paris (France)
    Current Employee - Consultante En Recrutement in Paris (France)

I have been working at Computer Futures Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Très bonne école, formation de haute qualité, managers très compétents, hausse rapide du salaire grâce aux commissions illimitées

Cons

Trop de process à respecter

A True Meritocracy

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Computer Futures Solutions full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you enjoy an environment where you are directly rewarded for your hard work this is the place for you. You will be rewarded with things like commission, vacation incentives, lunch clubs, sports tickets, etc. There is a structured growth plan as well that you can smash through as quickly as you hit the targets. This company does not promote based on longevity, it promotes based on hitting the targets set for you.

I love how transparent this company is on exactly what you need to do to promote up to the next level or to earn a lot of money. There is tremendous opportunity here at Computer Futures (especially in the US since we are growing so fast) and I highly recommend you take advantage of it!

Cons

If you are looking for a company where you can just slide by, this is not the place for you. It is a work hard, play hard environment. There is a good balance between the 2 because of the constant banter going on in the office but we are always working hard.

Keep it up! We love the energy and enthusiasm.

There are newer employer reviews for Computer Futures Solutions