Unfair

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Houston, TX (US)
Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Hampton Inn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

40 hours a week. 5 days paid vacation per year, and a decent employee discount when traveling.

Cons

No health benifits, no sick days. Inept management. Very small staff. Management creates a hostle work invironment, which creates very high turn over. As of now there are only 3 employees in the whole building who know how to do their jobs. We are in a state of constant training... but as soom as a new hire gets trained, they quit due to unreasonable management. We must work all three shifs 3 to 11, 11 to 7, 7 to 11, sometimes all in a row. If you need a sick day you must find your own replacement, but with a nonexistant staff, you cant. The managers don't even use proper time cards half the time and half the staff was short 8 to 16 hours this week. The managers won't even look into it until some, unspecified time in the future.

Advice to Management

Quit wearing blinders! Listen to you people. Management and Employees are a sybiotic relationship. One cannot survive without the other. The managers know this but refuse to make it a two way street.

reviews filtered by
  1. Amazing

I worked at Hampton Inn part-time

Pros

Friendly employees, nice and down to earth managers, flexible hours, fun and interesting job

Cons

Depending on where you start, it may be hard to get a lot of hours or a pay increase

Hampton Inn, Night Audit, hardly a paycheck

Current Employee - Night Audit in Gaffney, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Night Audit in Gaffney, SC (US)

I have been working at Hampton Inn full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job itself isn't very demanding. It's simple and as long as you are a "people person" you won't have trouble relating to guests.

Cons

Management is only concerned with increasing their profits. Lots of bickering going on between departments. Buildings don't receive the maintenance they should. Pay raises are non existent and the pay check is a joke unless you're the manager.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your property managers. Most are not very friendly at all. Only concerned with their bottom dollar. Managers also fight and complain about other managers in the region.

Also, it's ridiculous for someone working the Night shift to be making the same as those who work during the daytime. Not to mention $8.00 an hour is impossible to survive on in this recession.