There are newer employer reviews for Generac Power Systems

Generac's Management blows major chunks

Current Employee - Dealer Acquisitions  in  Whitewater, WI (US)
Current Employee - Dealer Acquisitions in Whitewater, WI (US)

I have been working at Generac Power Systems

Pros

The best reason to work at Generac is if you are interested in the generator market and need experience.

Cons

Management doesn't know anything. They can't communicate to save their lives. We learn about job critical information a day before the public does. We, the employees, have to constantly make excuses for upper management. I don't think management isn't from the same planet as the rest of us. Turn over in our department is more than 50%. My report to doesn't know the product and her report to is even worse - and she reports to the president of the company! Some of her great lines are:
1) We are make 360 degree changes from what we used to do.
2) Double $150 is $250!
3) I really can see people having on average $46,000.00 in disposable income.

I think the biggest thing for senior management is to stop playing intra office politic's games. It seems like all they are trying to do is keep their jobs as they fire people below them.

43 Other Employee Reviews for Generac Power Systems (View Most Recent)

Great growth opportunities

Current Employee - Manager  in  Waukesha, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Waukesha, WI (US)

I have been working at Generac Power Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Growing, fast-paced company with a lot of opportunity to grow. Good benefits and a do what it takes to get it done culture. Great products where quality, safety and support are a driving force for development.

Cons

Given the growth, change is constant and priorities shift. The bigger the organization gets the harder it is to get things done and the longer it takes

consider ways to take steps out of the process to allow things that move faster. Push some authority and decisions down - too much bottle neck waiting on the top to approve

There is a reason for the revolving door.

Former Employee - Senior Engineer  in  Waukesha, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Waukesha, WI (US)

I worked at Generac Power Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great product and brand recognition in the market. For an engineer you really get exposed to the full product rather than working on 1 part of the generator.

Cons

Stuck in your position.
    EVERYTHING rolls downhill. They hire more and more management, but the responsibilities kept falling more and more on the lower level workers.
    Sales dictates Engineering and they do not allow for enough time for testing.

Promote from within!

There are newer employer reviews for Generac Power Systems

Worked for Generac Power Systems? Contribute to the Community!