LanguageLine Solutions
www.languageline.com Monterey, CA 5000+ Employees

Good for entry level

Mandarin Customer Service Interpreter (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time for less than a year

ProsWork at home, you can sleep till 5 mins before your shift starts, you can do your own things while the call is holding, no need to commute to work. when your shift end, you're off work! Challenging, interesting, learn new stuff everyday while doing the job. Good for an entry level job, people who doesn't have any experience will learn tons of things in a short time.

ConsCalls might be long that pass your shift, your break, your lunch. Really hard to change schedule.
Some client might yell at you, treat you like a interpretation machine. Have to be really patient all the time, no matter how hard this call is, you have to overcome it as soon as the next call start. Have to be professional all the time. no sick time off.

Advice to Senior Managementshould have better health insurance benefit and paid time off, we are the first person that perform our company services to our clients everyday. we deserve more benefit and appreciation.

Great place to get experience on over the phone interpretation

Spanish Interpreter (Current Employee)
Arlington, VA (US)

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time for less than a year

Pros: It is a good interpreter school to start building experience… Cons: A very low salary considering all the qualifications, certifications and… Advice to Senior Management: The salary is not competitive, one can get 15 to 20 dollars per hour as a babysitter contrary… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

At the begining it was good, then it became hell on heart sometime literally.

All Call Interpreter (Former Employee)
Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Other than the salary for Domincan Republic Standards, there are no pros and taking into consideration the fact that the charge the clients by the… Cons: I started working in LLS call center in DR in 2005 right out of college and at the beginning it was a great place to… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your interpreter as humans, go back to quality interpretation instead of quantity, provide better training for intepreters, and provide seminar to instruct your clients… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on LanguageLine Solutions.

Worked for LanguageLine Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LanguageLine Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LanguageLine Solutions CEO Scott W. Klein. All reviews posted anonymously by LanguageLine Solutions employees.