Whitbread

www.whitbread.co.uk
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Whitbread

Fantastic place to work (or it was when I was there). Really caring culture, friendly people and good work ethic.

I worked at Whitbread

Pros

The people are salt of the earth, the location is easy to get to, the work is interesting and the money so so...

Cons

Senior management a bit clueless, in the main its not cutting edge.

Look at your staff (past & present) and look at some of the choices you've made. With hindsight - were they the right choices? Think hard!

40 Other Employee Reviews for Whitbread (View Most Recent)

It's been a good 6 years working for Whitbread

I have been working at Whitbread

Pros

Moving up the career ladder is easy

Cons

Can't think of any cons

Wanting to leave after 7 yrs at Premier Inn

I have been working at Whitbread

Pros

Great sense of team spirit
    Hard working people

Cons

Poor pay
    Back breaking work
    Working weekends and Bank Hols
    Unpredictable finish times.
    Management constantly driving us to cut hours

I work as part of the housekeeping team in a Premier Inn. Believe it or not, until recently I felt that the pros outweighed the cons. That was how highly I valued the strong sense of team spirit I shared with my co-workers. When faced with a long list of rooms and the cutting of the hours in which to clean them, we all just knuckled down and got on with it, all mucking on together to get the job done. Now somebody in management has, like a new broom made sweeping changes to the way we work. We have been told we have to complete our own list, then leave. We are not supposed to help others to finish their work, nor are we allowed to work in same room as someone else. Thank you very much, whoever did this, you are doing your best to kill our team spirit, it seems. We are being constantly harangued about 'going over our hours'. This is why these changes are taking place. When put into perspective supposing we go over by say 10 hours in a week, that would only cost the company £66. It is peanuts! Less than what they might lose if a room remained unsold or they had to reimburse a guest. I don't understand why such a huge profit making company needs to be so penny pinching. Now that we are not allowed to help one another or work together in a room, which might allow for a brief chat, ie normal human interaction. It makes us feel dehumanized. We may as well be robots!

There are newer employer reviews for Whitbread