Carphone Warehouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 11 Jul 2018

2.7

Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Acton, London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Acton, London, England) in April 2015.

Interview

First step was an interview with their talent recruiter before a second interview with the direct line manager. Apparently there would have been a third step with the group CEO which was already putting me off the company as it gives the impression that no one can make a decision on their own.

Interview Questions

• Knowing what you do about Carphone, what do you think Carphone's next big challenge is?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Thiruvananthapuram (India)) in March 2008.

Interview

asked all the things which I think was irrelevant because i knew this job was going to be offered as there were no emp in the technology they were looking for in kerala...so i was sure the technical rounds and HR rounds were irelevant for anything ...whats distance between my house and office and convert them into different formats of measures and how would you interpret the data.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

barely any chance to negotiate....take it or leave it

Team Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse.

Interview

I was contacted by an agency offering a contract role. The interview was set up the same day. I was impressed with the speed that they moved.
    The actual interview was however abit tedious and both interviewers seemed abit inexperienced. They did not sell the company and despite the positive feedback that I received I was put off.

Anonymous Employee in Lochs, Scotland

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Lochs, Scotland) in March 2009.

Interview

Recruiter rang me to go for a group interview and we went through several exercises including team exercises (scenario based), presentation (selling a random item in front of the whole group) and an individual written exercise on a specific scenario and how you would deal with the situation.

My advise is read about CPW five fundamentals as this is their culture and all questions are based around this.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a situation in store when there is a huge queue and you are currently dealing with a customer?   Answer Question
    • Describe when you have had a conflict and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiating

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (London, England) in February 2008.

Interview

Telephone Interview, Followed by Assessment centre and one-one interview with hiring manager

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Leeds, England) in March 2014.

Interview

A few emails thrown back and forth then invited in for an interview , you will speak to a manager and then if you are successful they will call you back send you off to training and then thrown in to the deep end in the store

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (London, England) in February 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by the manager and assistant manager of the shop.
    It was very friendly but it does vary depending on where you go work and who interviews you. The questions were not too hard so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    If you pass the interview there is or used to be an induction week.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (London, England) in February 2014.

Interview

Good.open style of questions, friendly. I got a really good overview of the business and its competitors. I backed up each of my answers with examples , that they seemed to like. If I didn't have experience in one particular area, they seemed to be okay to move on.

Interview Questions

• How i would contribute to the success of the business. What key challenges I could see for the business in the future. How i would deal with difficult customers. What does exceptional customer service look like   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Leeds, England) in September 2014.

Interview

Assessment day over 1 day
    60 Applicants
    Had to pitch a sale of my own phone
    Competency based interview
    Relaxed atmosphere
    Interview was very competitive and you all interview in the same room so there it's lots of noise and distractions
    They let me know within A couple of weeks that I was successful.

Training for the job is very rushed and so its very much a learning on the job experience once you get sent to a store!

Anonymous Employee in Greenhithe, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Greenhithe, England) in June 2013.

Interview

Submitted CV online. One on One interview with store manager, asking questions about brand and examples of sales experience. An interest in mobile phones beneficial, but sales experience and a willingness to learn also valued.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach selling a phone to someone with no real knowledge of mobiles?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.