Carphone Warehouse Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Carphone Warehouse Interview Questions

Updated 2 Oct 2017

2.7

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days later from the store manager inviting me in, the place seemed chilled and a bunch of really nice staff, the assistant manager came out before the interviewer and had a brief introduction with him, interview itself was quite relaxed and I was just myself in the interview which seemed to work as a couple of days later I was offered the job.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)).

Interview

Applied online. Received a call from the store manager requesting setup of an interview. Showed up on the day of the interview. Store was busy, was told to come back in an hour. Interview was short and very informal. Talked through my CV, had to answer some competency, manager talked through the job role. Interview went well, manager said she'd call me back by 19th August. Didn't receive a call. Got an email a couple of days later saying the position was filled.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you convinced someone so that you'd get the outcome you wanted   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Birmingham, England) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied through Dixons website for a part-time job in carphone warehouse (Store in Store). Received a phone call within few days from the store manager who asked few general questions and explained about pay rate and working hours. I interviewed at a Pcworld store, it lasted about 25 minutes. just 4 competency questions and role play where they asked me to sell them my phone. I thought the questions were very basic competency based and I did well but they wanted someone with more experience in target selling. Got an email after 5 days saying they wont take my application any furthur.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went an extra mile for a customer.
      a time when you had to change plan at the last minute.
      a time when you meet the deadlines. and how?
      I can't remember the 4th one.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call the day after asking for an interview. He told me to bring along my documents and to prepare a presentation about my favourite piece of technology (my phone)

Went to the interview and I had it with one manager who was very supportive and a good laugh, questions were tough but J answered them the best I could and if there was one I struggled on then the manager would support me and tell me not to stress and that it's okay which helped me a lot. The interview wasn't easy at all- it was my far the hardest interview I've been to. What I will say is prepare your piece of technology presentation- find little details about it that other people may not know and fit as much as you can into your presentation. After that I filled in a form about my dietary requirements for the training course if I made it through and all information they needed

After that he said he would contact me within 3 days (I chased him up after 3 because I'm impatient) and then I found out i'd got the job! So now I'm just waiting for information about the 3 day training course in Birmingham

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone interview a few days after going through the usual questions of: Why Carphone Warehouse, Tell me about yourself etc. and told I passed straight away to arrange a face to face interview in store. Also asked am I more Apple or Samsung (answer doesn't matter, just to get to know the person)

I was interviewed by two assistant managers from the store, one who I had the phone interview with. I was asked to tell me about myself, what are my hobbies and why i am interested in sales and the company in particular.

Next I was told to get my phone out and sell it to the managers (iPhone 6) from the knowledge I had. Then compare it to the iPhone 7 but make the iPhone 6 more appealing. Then the manager gave me their phone (Samsung Galaxy s7) which I have no previous knowledge about and sell it to them.

Then I was asked to do role play by using their PinPoint software on the tablet to give the 'customer' a good deal on a phone. The key is to get familar with the software, hold it towards them, be confident and ask a lot of questions to the 'customer'.

I was asked a few more questions for a general chat such as what would I add to the team sales wise but also personality wise, am i able to achieve targets and how would I react to processing no sales in a day.

Seems like a lot but only took 30 minutes and having two people there actually made it more comfortable!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wolverhampton, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Wolverhampton, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Took about a fortnight between applying and receiving a phone call. During the call, I was told that part of the interview was selling my phone. A week later had my date for an interview, first things first i had to wait 10-15 mins for someone to finish with a customer because she was needed to take notes. Finally, went into the back into a room to interview, answered some pretty basic questions as well as some questions that I can't see being useful for a retail environment. After the questions was the selling my phone part, obviously there are different situations of selling so I asked whether it was a new customer who just walked in or someone who was actively inspecting my particular phone, the interviewer said the first (Kind of pointless when I've been asked to sell my phone not any other phone but why not). So I started as if it was a real thing, asked "what type of phone are you interested in? apple? android?" He says Apple. I have a Sony. He told me to sell my phone but asks for an apple. In reality, I'd sell the iPhone but I have been told to sell my phone. Anyway next was asking about a contract, I said "what would you use the phone for" he says "sky sports", this will take a lot of internet so I recommended a 10gb contract. yada yada yada. I forgot to mention but the manager actually left for 5 mins during the interview! After the interview, the woman we waited for at the start is giving feedback (Afterall, she was taking notes!) she says I gave a 10gb contract without asking what he wanted, she obviously wasn't taking notes. A week later I find out I didn't get the job, I'm not mad, the place was sub par. Overall the stupidity of the interview annoyed me, one; why ask me to sell my phone and then ask for an iPhone? two; why did I wait 10-15 mins for someone to take notes and then criticize me for something I in fact did right and three; what kind of commission on selling a £600+ phone is £6.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding changing situations, and how i overcame them. How are these questions relevant to selling phone? i dont want to know   Answer Question

Customer Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse in April 2017.

Interview

Initially, there was an informal chat so the interviewer could get to know me better.

Following this, there were a set of multi-part competency questions. From what I remember, these asked about times I'd worked in a team, a time I was curious about learning, when I worked to a difficult goal, how I've dealt with customers in the past and a time when I had to persuade someone.

Then there was a short role play, where I had to explain a set of 3 contracts to a "customer" and sell it to them.

Order Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loughborough, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Loughborough, England) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was generally quite straight forward and easy, asked me the usual questions such as availability etc. The person who interviews ensured that you were kept at ease and relaxed throughout its duration.

The next stage of the interview were 4 situational questions where you had to explain where you have come across it and how you overcame the issue, which was pretty easy overall.

After my legal documents were printed they offered me the job on the spot :)

Interview Questions

• When have you coma across a bad experience with a customer and how did you deal with it?
      When have you had to work hard to achieve a goal?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse in March 2017.

Interview

Took about two weeks to receive a call to arrange an interview date, just asked a few questions over the phone.

On the day I was so nervous as I had to do a role play but they provide all the information necessary. Totally relaxed and supportive through the whole process. Very efficient in terms of doing the interview, offering the job and completing relevant paperwork.

Customer Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Carphone Warehouse (Aberdeen, Scotland) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a response within a week. Followed by a face-to-face interview with the store manager. The manager called a few days later to inform me of my successful application and I was informed I would be contacted by the HR team for vetting and training arrangement.

Interview Questions

• Scenario-based questions and role play. i.e., tell me a situation where you gave excellent customer service? And told to speak to customers on the shop floor for 15mins.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.