Benefex Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 13 de Nov 2019

4.5
Benefex CEO Matt Macri-Waller
Matt Macri-Waller
Pros
  • "Great people who care deeply about what they are doing(in 9 reviews)

• "Benefex really is a great place to work(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons whilst I have been here(in 4 reviews)

• "It is fast paced environment and would be a great fit if you're hands on and don't mind getting stuck in(in 2 reviews)

1. "Not perfect by any means, but a truly fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Employee Support Specialist

I have been working at Benefex full-time for more than a year

Pros

At every company there's always going to be problems, and Benefex is no exception, but the pro's FAR outweigh the cons here. If you get a job here, I promise you'll be happy with what you find. The greatest things by far are the way that you are treated by the leadership, and the company culture. Every day I come to work, and I know that I'm going to be listened to, treated with respect, and like my opinions... are actually worth something. That doesn't mean I say "jump" and the leadership says "how high", but as long as you're coming to them with a problem (and a potential solution to that problem) in an honest way, then they will hear you out. They're also really transparent with the direction the company is going, and our goals, and that's genuinely refreshing. But by far the best thing is the people. I work in ESC, and it's genuinely such a great team to work in, and there's a sort of attitude in in the team that I've never seen in any other workplace - in an amazing way! The current leadership - Ruth - is absolutely fantastic, and she makes you feel valued, a part of the team, and it really seems like she knows what she's doing :) Again, at other places I've worked there's always gossiping and backstabbing, and lying, and all of that, but I've never encountered that here. There's plenty of other pro's as well. The company is quite liberal with free food, and you get more holiday than most places, and all that good stuff, but far and above the best things about it are the culture within the company, and the leadership.

Cons

You are going to work hard. I know some teams seem to have a lot of overtime (tbh 99% of people do 37.5-40 hours a week), but even if you're not in those teams, there are going to be times where you have to work very hard, and the company absolutely expects that of you. But to be honest, that's not something specific to Benefex, you're going to find that wherever. There's also some elements of a "small... company" mentality that are still hanging around. The company's grown fast (and is still growing) and so that's going to be inevitable, but it's obvious that the leadership is working hard to improve this.

Advice to Management

I honestly don't think there's much. Keep doing what you're doing. For all that people might whine and complain, this is far and above the best company I've ever worked at, and even if it stayed exactly the same (with all the problems there might be), then I would hang around for many years to come.

Benefex2019-11-13
  2. "A great company to be a part of"

Current Employee - Bid Manager in Southampton, England

I have been working at Benefex full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Having worked at Benefex for over 7 years, I can honestly say it’s the best place I’ve worked. This is down to a combination of things including: - Office environment - especially since our latest re-fit with clean, fresh work spaces and a choice of comfy break out areas - The people – culture is a big thing at Benefex and recruitment is such that the people brought on are of a similar mind; friendly, positive... and keen - Transparency – company updates are frequent, headed mainly by the CEO but also by other key stakeholders around the business. It keeps us all up to date with what’s going on and what’s coming up in the business - Benefits – our benefits scheme is improving year on year; plus there’s complete flexibility and trust if you need to work from home or and there’s not a 9-5 mindset Work hard, commit to the company values and you'll do well.

Cons

No cons from my point of view.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency and regular communications.

Benefex2019-09-30
  3. "A joy to work"

Current Employee - Junior Graphic Designer in Southampton, England

I have been working at Benefex full-time for less than a year

Pros

The whole team are incredibly friendly and the recruitment process was very smooth and responsive. Everyone was so helpful and were quick to respond to all my questions I had after the interview. Been here roughly a month and loving it. The offices are amazing, clean and modern. The extra social events and bonuses are a massive positive as well.

Cons

Parking nearby is a little pricey

Benefex2019-09-10
  4. "A lovely & innovative company!"

Current Employee - Mid-weight Designer in Bournemouth, England

I have been working at Benefex full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The recruitment process was great, I spoke with and got to know the HR, Design and Management team throughout the process. Everyone was super accommodating, quick to respond and answered all my questions. - A lovely & inviting culture and a great environment that allows you to be your best-self. - Great opportunities to help learn & develop to taking your skillset further.

Cons

I wish I lived closer to work :)

Advice to Management

Carry on with your great work!

Benefex2019-09-05
  5. "Losing their way"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Benefex full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some really great people who have become great friends

Cons

Once upon a time everyone had the same goal but as years went on the people who worked hard just got put on more on more to carry the driftwood who are paid more than what they're worth. A lot of employees feel they have a sense of entitlement but aren't willing to put the work in and nothing is said. Go on about culture but I dont think they know what the culture is, only that if they don't like you they will... get rid. I've seen that happen many times in the years I was there when actually sometimes the problem was just poor management and training, but everyone was too busy to train people without it having a huge impact on their own work. Pay isn't fair through the company, it goes back to it's not what you know, its who you know. Too many people with the title director who, if they ever left, would be seen as a joke. But these people will never leave as they are sitting comfortable in the 'culture'. Unfortunately you do end up feeling you can't raise your concerns to anyone as you will then be painted as being negative.

Advice to Management

Bring it back to basics and actually mean it when you ask for feedback by doing something about it and not just brush over it

Benefex2019-09-14
  6. "The best place I've ever worked at!"

Current Employee - Copywriter in Southampton, England

I have been working at Benefex full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've had a whole bunch of different jobs - from good ones to very bad ones, but Benefex is by far the best. The whole team are so friendly and the culture and energy is incredible. They're incredibly flexible on working patterns and style, and the offices are amazing! Plus there's so much social stuff and bonuses just because they want to give everyone a positive experience at work - stuff like parties, social... nights, christmas, easter, valentines events, a day off for your birthday etc. all of it for free! Honestly it feels too good to be true, but I've been here a year and it's definitely real!

Cons

All businesses have their downside but honestly I can't think of anything for Benefex! Perhaps the recruitment process? It took a while and communication was quite slow but I know for a fact they're working on that and it's already improved.

Benefex2019-07-22
  7. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Assistant Management Accountant in Southampton, England

I have been working at Benefex full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are all fantastic The culture is a prefect fit, helped by the casual dress code Offers a very broad experience Great location near plenty of restaurants for lunch Great benefits package Responsive to employees issues Very transparent leadership

Cons

Limited parking although the parking benefit does make parking in the nearby car parks much cheaper.

Benefex2019-05-31
  8. "Great place to start an office career."

Current Employee - ESC

I have been working at Benefex part-time for less than a year

Pros

Welcoming environment, some of the friendliest people I've worked with. Relaxed atmosphere, great office with plenty of daylight. Feels like there would be chance for growth and development, lots of training provided. Really flexible. Kept in the loop. Always being updated on how the company is progressing. Always tea/coffee!

Cons

Located in the city centre resulting in expensive daily parking. Can be slightly overwhelming when really busy.

Benefex2019-05-29
  9. "Lovely company to work for"

Current Employee - Associate in Southampton, England

I have been working at Benefex full-time for less than a year

Pros

All the people are friendly, chatty and always willing to help. The office is in a great location local shops and restaurants are just a 5 minute walk away. A very chilled out vibe in the office with dress code being casual and able to manage your own working hours/work from home if that suits you. The recruitment process was very smooth and responsive. As a new starter on your first day you were made to feel at... ease.

Cons

Parking can be an issue - especially if you are in the office everyday.

Benefex2019-06-12
  10. "Great place to work, exposure, personal development and workplace culture have all been excellent."

Current Employee - Associate in Southampton, England

I have been working at Benefex full-time for less than a year

Pros

The application process happened very quickly and smoothly, and the flexibility around my holiday during the interview process was excellent. Currently 4 months into my role, the exposure in a client facing role has been great. This exposure has helped with presenting and speaking skills. The chilled office environment along with lovely staff meant that the settling in process happened very smoothly.

Cons

A change to the holiday year has meant that at times a lot of the team I work within have been on leave simultaneously, increasing the workload of the individuals working.

Advice to Management

Management of holiday taken within teams of seniors.

Benefex2019-06-12