Lockheed Martin

www.lockheedmartin.com

High value company with updward mobility....if you are in the right profession

Configuration Analyst, Senior (Current Employee) Grand Prairie, TX (US)

ProsLockheed Martin has great values and provides products that protect the war fighters and America. I think the compensation and benefits are very good compared to the rest of corporate America. You work on very advanced technology which is rare.

ConsThere is a lot of opportunity for advancement especially with the baby boomer generation getting close to retirement which Lockheed has a lot of. Unfortuntely you need to be in Engineering or Finance to really have any possibility of real career advancement. There aren't a lot of opportunities for the rest of us despite our strong leadership abilities.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just look at someones education or current position when it comes to leadership positions. If someone has strong character, values, and work ethic they will probably be a better manager than say someone who has an engineering background but doesn't know how to work with people.

Too Big to Function Effectively

Value Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: This is a great place to work if you want stable employment… Cons: Every company is a balancing act. There needs to be a balance between Customers, Shareholders, the Executive Team, and Employees. Unfortunately at LM,… Advice to Senior Management: Stop hiring people with high ambitions or those who take culture seriously. I would encourage you to stop hiring from top schools because those… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not a place for opportunity or growth

Manager (Former Employee) Washington, DC (US)

I worked at Lockheed Martin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: If you work in their their general or health services… Cons: Poor program management and leadership. In spite of lip service and "performance process" they do not encourage innovation or new approaches to management or… Advice to Senior Management: Stick to defense contracting and forget IT and Health services unless you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Lockheed Martin.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!