Lockheed Martin Review

Current Employee - Senior Engineer  in  Sunnyvale, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

The flexibility in getting your required hours in. The excellent tuition reimbursement package as well pension and 401K matching. The company provides multiple growth opportunities for its employees and the ability to rotate around through multiple lines of business and programs. Working for the premier defense company allows for exciting work experiences that one would not normally get through his or her job. Plus, all employees know that their work directly impacts the national security of this country. Your work certainly feeds the soul and makes the hard work all that more rewarding.

Cons

The huge bureaucracy and multiple levels of management can be quite a drag on work production and program efficiency. The range in the quality of managers is rather wide. It sometimes begs the question as to how this person or that came into the position that they hold.

To set a clear vision for the program and don't be risk adverse to new potential engineering solutions.

Other Reviews for Lockheed Martin

Lockheed Martin

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rockville, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD (US)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Great career opportunities and great upper management. Benefits package is better than most competitors. The management is very hesitant to let anyone go. Layoffs are extremely rare. Even with the stock market crashing, Lockheed Martin stock is doing great and my 401k is still looking good. The management here is worthy of trust and make every effort to be as fair as possible. Company offers ability and flexiblity to work from home which helps a great deal in work/life balance situations. Thanks.

Cons

Cost of living in the Rockville, MD area is quite high. Other than that the company and it's management are great.

Great job, the company has great leaders that can be trusted. Thanks

A decent place to work, if you don't need outstanding healthcare

Current Employee - Network Engineer  in  Arlington, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Arlington, VA (US)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Flexibility, little micromanagement, relaxed environment are some of the qualities of my work place.

Cons

The benefits package is very limited, only 1 healthcare plan available that should have better coverage considering the size of the company. Salary could be higher to compensate for the area we work in.

As far as the management where I work they do a good job taking care of the employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin.

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!