There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Lockheed Martin Review

Current Employee - Senior Engineer  in  Sunnyvale, CA (US)
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

The flexibility in getting your required hours in. The excellent tuition reimbursement package as well pension and 401K matching. The company provides multiple growth opportunities for its employees and the ability to rotate around through multiple lines of business and programs. Working for the premier defense company allows for exciting work experiences that one would not normally get through his or her job. Plus, all employees know that their work directly impacts the national security of this country. Your work certainly feeds the soul and makes the hard work all that more rewarding.

Cons

The huge bureaucracy and multiple levels of management can be quite a drag on work production and program efficiency. The range in the quality of managers is rather wide. It sometimes begs the question as to how this person or that came into the position that they hold.

To set a clear vision for the program and don't be risk adverse to new potential engineering solutions.

2346 Other Employee Reviews for Lockheed Martin (View Most Recent)

Great place to start, not sure how long to stay...

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Syracuse, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Syracuse, NY (US)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

The base pay directly after graduation is good. I cannot speak to what it will be like when I have a few years experience, but I hear the pay scale and promotions are curtailed shortly after

Cons

Overtime gate (not getting paid for certain overtime) Some managers aren't as flexible with the hours you work. This varies by manager. There is often a lot of needless steps and paperwork to do anything. They could benefit from a streamlining for new employees.

Increase the pay and instittute bonuses. Non-defense companies are raking in graduates due to better pay. It will only get worse as more and more baby boomers retire.

A decent place to work, if you don't need outstanding healthcare

Current Employee - Network Engineer  in  Arlington, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Arlington, VA (US)

I have been working at Lockheed Martin

Pros

Flexibility, little micromanagement, relaxed environment are some of the qualities of my work place.

Cons

The benefits package is very limited, only 1 healthcare plan available that should have better coverage considering the size of the company. Salary could be higher to compensate for the area we work in.

As far as the management where I work they do a good job taking care of the employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Lockheed Martin

Worked for Lockheed Martin? Contribute to the Community!