STMicroelectronics
www.st.com Geneva, Switzerland 5000+ Employees

Excellent benefits, but not much of a future in the US

Staff Engineer (Former Employee)
Longmont, CO (US)

I worked at STMicroelectronics

ProsAs a European company, their benefits are outstanding compared to many others. They still offer a pension plan, offer more vacation days that most, and their 401k match is not only excellent but is also fully vested from day one.

ConsST has been steadily decreasing their presence in the United States starting with the closure of both of their large manufacturing facilities in Dallas and Phoenix followed by the closure of several smaller design centers. Not much prospect for future growth within the US.

No better place for a budding engineer looking for hands-on learning!

Design Engineer II (Former Employee)

I worked at STMicroelectronics

Pros: 1.) Excellent work environment 2.) Some of the best HR practices I have seen in the industry. BTW, I am not the only one who swears… Cons: 1.) I think it is more of an industry issue that there… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to work, but scope for career growth is limited

Engineering Specialist (Current Employee)
New Delhi (India)

I have been working at STMicroelectronics

Pros: Good technology, good products and work life balance. Cons: Limited scope for career growth. Advice to Senior Management: Transparency in promotions is required. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on STMicroelectronics.

Worked for STMicroelectronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at STMicroelectronics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for STMicroelectronics CEO Carlo Bozotti. All reviews posted anonymously by STMicroelectronics employees.