WellPoint
www.wellpoint.com Indianapolis, IN 5000+ Employees

Generally great company with competitive pay & benefits; however, varies significantly by department.

Various Analytical Roles (Former Employee)

I worked at WellPoint full-time for more than 5 years

ProsStable company overall; competitive benefits; executive management has programs to identify "High Potential" associates and presents those identified with challenges and opportunities to succeed. Compared to other companies, there seems to be less politicking by management. Less friction between departments than at some competitors.

ConsCertain decisions are made at Executive level do not seem to consider the impact to lower levels. I was never personally impacted by this but know of others who were. This probably comes with any big corporation, though. All my managers were fair-good except one; who was ultimately removed from a management role.

Great Company

Customer Care Representative I (Current Employee)
Fond du Lac, WI (US)

I have been working at WellPoint full-time for less than a year

Pros: - Very Clean Office Environment - No Sales (in my position) - People are very positive and encouraging… Cons: - Starting pay is a bit low even for someone with more experience - The job… Advice to Senior Management: None at this time. I did give the CEO a thumbs down because I think all CEOs get paid way too much… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

work life balance, whats that ?

Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
Richmond, VA (US)

I worked at WellPoint as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: The company is getting bigger and better everyday and there… Cons: only work - no personal life, Pantry doesn't even have… Advice to Senior Management: Please treat employees as human beings and do not put… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on WellPoint.

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at WellPoint reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for WellPoint CEO Joseph R. Swedish. All reviews posted anonymously by WellPoint employees.