There are newer employer reviews for WellPoint

Generally great company with competitive pay & benefits; however, varies significantly by department.

Former Employee - Various Analytical Roles
Former Employee - Various Analytical Roles

I worked at WellPoint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Stable company overall; competitive benefits; executive management has programs to identify "High Potential" associates and presents those identified with challenges and opportunities to succeed. Compared to other companies, there seems to be less politicking by management. Less friction between departments than at some competitors.

Cons

Certain decisions are made at Executive level do not seem to consider the impact to lower levels. I was never personally impacted by this but know of others who were. This probably comes with any big corporation, though. All my managers were fair-good except one; who was ultimately removed from a management role.

514 Other Employee Reviews for WellPoint (View Most Recent)

Former Teradata Developer/Portfolio Coordinator

Current Employee - Teradata Developer/Portfolio Coordinator  in  Mason, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Teradata Developer/Portfolio Coordinator in Mason, OH (US)

I have been working at WellPoint full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Consistently provides opportunities to grow personally and professionally. Up to the individual to make the best of what is offered, increase business awareness and contribute to Corporate growth and develop/mature individual skills that support Company industry competitiveness.

Cons

The only cons are if an individual chooses not to take advantages of personal and professional growth.

Get to know your employees individually, know your teams. Do not be aloof and distant from your teams. They are your most valuable resources and representatives of Wellpoint to the industry. Satisfied employees speak volumes to those outside the Corporation.

Great Company

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative I  in  Fond du Lac, WI (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative I in Fond du Lac, WI (US)

I have been working at WellPoint full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Very Clean Office Environment
    - No Sales (in my position)
    - People are very positive and encouraging and will help you succeed
    - Lots of room for advancement more than any other company I've seen

Cons

- Starting pay is a bit low even for someone with more experience
    - The job is not for everyone
    - Must work for company for 1 year before considered for advancement

None at this time. I did give the CEO a thumbs down because I think all CEOs get paid way too much money and do less work than those on the front line. I feel this way about all CEOs. It's nothing personal.

There are newer employer reviews for WellPoint

Worked for WellPoint? Contribute to the Community!