A Thinking Ape Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

A Thinking Ape Interview Questions

Updated 1 Oct 2018

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Phone interview from HR about basic personality. Followed up by an hour technical in person interview and finally two more technical interviews with a lunch interview in between.

Interview Questions

• Implement a function that returns true if the given input string matches the given regular expresion. The regular expresion will only contain (part a) '^', and '$'; (part b) '.' and (part c) '*' characters.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape.

Interview

1) online assessment in which two programming challenges are presented (specifically palindromes and how to calculate the angle of clock hands given the digitally equivalent time).
    2) In-person interview in which they asked me to write the backend of a website given various methods and without a database (assuming you have unlimited memory) to "query" different items and to find more efficient ways to implement what you've already come up with
    3) In-person lunch interview, 3 separate sessions of technical interviews with an hour lunch in between.

Interview Questions

• They had asked to construct the most efficient data structures so that the retrieval of information should be relatively fast. For example, given a table of users and posts, write a data structure and method that would give us the top favourited posts (no database).   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape in October 2012.

Interview

1. HR will call a phone interview and introduce their compamny
    2. online coding 45 min, about data structure and algorithm, you can pick up the language. 2 problems and need to be tested online
    3. school face to face coding, 2 algorithm questions and 1 system design question
    4. it should be a onsite but they deicide to do that oncampus . about introduce of their company and their culture

Interview Questions

• How to design a sytem to build a office building   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It took a month for them to give me an interview after I applied. I suspect they have forgotten me. The interview was consisted of 2 30 min on site interview. Over all it was a good experience. Then have a nice location and a nice office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview has two questions, half hour for each question. Interviewer was very nice and gave me a lot of hints and help when I was stuck. I enjoy the interview and learn something new.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape.

Interview

90% coding based, code in your own language, traditional OOP and basic algorithm questions. Really nice people and seems like it would be a great place to work. Two interview sessions of 30 minutes each, each with different people. You can ask any questions you want at the end of each interview.

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was two back to back white-board coding interviews with 2-3 engineers in each interview. Jumped straight to the coding questions after a short introduction. Database design question for the first interview followed by algorithm question in the second interview. Interviewers were friendly and guiding- they eventually guided me to answer the problem and wasn't condescending. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Divide a number using only addition and subtraction.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process had a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere. It began with a brief tour of their office space, followed by two 30-minute technical interviews, involving writing code on a whiteboard in your language of choice. Each of the interviews began with a trivial problem, upon which more constraints were progressively added.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that returns whether a path of a given sum through a tree exists.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

Invited through my co-op office to interview at their office. They first give you a tour of their office and then there are two rounds of technical interviews with two engineers in each interview. The focus is on object oriented programming with good problem solving skills and data structures. The engineers aren't trying to get to know you, but want to see how you think and code. They were quite helpful if you forgot a method or had a question. Know your hashmaps!

Interview Questions

• given a string, find the longest sub-sequence of unique characters. Implement functions for an online game   1 Answer

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at A Thinking Ape.

Interview

They asked only technical questions (which was great). The interview had two parts. The first part was about OO design and the second part was algorithms. Nice cozy office. They were not too friendly during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Finding the length of the longest substring containing unique characters   4 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.