Adyen Interview Questions

Updated 28 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 223 of over 223 interviews

Employee Referral6%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Adyen (Amsterdam) in Jul 2021

Interview

The interview process was explained in the first email: 1. Introductory interview 2. HackerRank test 3a. Technical interview 1 3b. Technical interview 2 4a. Adyen Formula Fit interview 4b. Board interview So I did the 1 and it went pretty well, There were 2 software engineers and the questions are mostly about yourself. After a day or so, the recruiter gave me the Hackerrank assessment. I believe time was the main problem, and you should do good time management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Adyen (New York, NY) in Jul 2021

Interview

First able , both 2 interviewers didn't know where Im located, they thought I lived in Europe, seems lack of even take a look at my resume first. Easy questions regarding my professional experience and at the end a recruiter asked me about my knowledge of Amsterdam, etc. After only 4 hours of my meeting, they send a rejection email, super bad candidate experience.

Interview Questions
  • current tasks
    Answer Question
  • what are you main Skateholders?
  • what do you know about Amsterdam?

Adyen

Application

I interviewed at Adyen

Interview

Initial interview was with the internal recruiter. Fairly brief interview to gauge fit with company and past experience. This was followed by a round of technical interview. Did not get pass this stage.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Adyen

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Adyen

Interview

Adyen Recruiter approached me on Linkedin, I was open for a call. The first (video) call went well overall, even though I was surprised that he expected me to prove my motivation regarding working at Adyen - as a headhunted candidate I would expect HIM to tell me more about their company and make me interested in the job. Well, I was familiar with the company and its activity and I made it to the second and the third rounds - all of them were interviews with other recruiters. Every next interview was with a more junior recruiter than the previous one. Nevertheless, my last interview was the most pleasant and productive one. Finally, in the third round, we talked about my experience, not about Adyen's values and culture. Two days later I received a templated rejection. The first recruiter was informing me that I was not selected for the next stage, saying "thank you" for applying (I didn't apply actually) for the Product Recruiter position (he never told me it was PRODUCT Recruiter). I asked for feedback, but they have never come back. Very unprofessional, I am disappointed with the whole process and how it was coordinated: the link to the job description was broken, no calendar invites ever sent, no possibility to choose a convenient time for the interview ("let's have a call today" is not really professional, guys), no personalized feedback even after 3 rounds of interviews. Their "formula" says "We don’t hide behind email, instead we pick up the phone". But they do hide. Even though I don't find it a bad idea writing an email before calling someone, in this situation a phone call was really the only appropriate way to close the case.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about our Culture? Why did you choose to apply at Adyen?

Adyen

Application

I interviewed at Adyen

Interview

İnterviewers are cold. I couldn't understand one of them because of his accent. Their approaches made me unmotivated. I didn't want to talk with them. They seemed they didn't want to attend the interview.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam

Application

I interviewed at Adyen (Amsterdam)

Interview

The process took some time, during the interviews (5 rounds in total) I met with most of the team and got a feeling that Adyen was really putting emphasis on cultural fit. No case studies or other deliverables were required, though this is team and role specific. Final round will be with a board member.

Interview Questions
  • Basic questions about previous roles and tasks, I was also described the way the team works and asked how I would feel working in such an environment.

Adyen

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Adyen in Jun 2021

Interview

The people were friendly and nice. However, mid-way in my interview, I was asked to consider a more junior role, one position below what I had applied for. Initially I thought it would be ok, but I noticed that it felt quite unsettling given that I had the experience for what I was applying for. The interviewer had even commented that my experience was great and that the specifics of the payment processing industry could be learned. Because there was a request for switching to a more junior role, I ended up spending most of the 3rd interview indicating the higher level experience and it may have come across as not a good cultural fit. The whole thing may have been best to discuss at the end of a person's actual interview process rather than mid-way through. The 3rd interviewer was not even aware of the suggested switch in roles. I politely shared feedback about the process with the HR rep based on their desire for directness, which is from the Adyen Formula, which they really push, but don't think my feedback was well received. Expressing my experience was met with defensiveness from the HR rep and also included her pushing back a few times on what I was sharing. When I went to say thank you and goodbye, she simply hung up! I was so shocked at the utter lack of professionalism. Sadly, it felt telling for what the culture may have been like vs what is pushed in the Adyen Formula.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Adyen (Singapore) in Jun 2021

Interview

Applied through online and had email invitation for a video call with the recruitment team - asked questions about past projects, what if you had conflict with the lead - why Adyen As I was in the video I can see that inteviewer is not interested to know about my self and was rude in certain instances. - Did not even try to understand my full technical abilities - May be just wanted to show that they did interviews with a certain number of candidates to impress the management. - One of the worst experiences I had in my career - Did not even bother to share the interview feedback

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Adyen

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Adyen

Interview

Redelijk lange procedure niet heel erg de diepte in. Meerdere rondes best veel tijd ertussen. Het niveau bleef op het niveau kennismakingsgesprekken, veel aandacht voor fit met hun kernwaarden.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Adyen

Application

The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Adyen

Interview

Process consisted of multiple rounds (thus the whole process took a while) and each round was quite casual. Questions were not very technical based, most of the questions were based on personality and your past experiences (resume walkthrough). In each round there are different interviewers and some of them asked the same/repeated questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 223 Interviews