Adyen Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Adyen

2.7

Partnership Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Adyen (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

The interview process was a joke. After my call with HR, I interviewed with management that went well. After the interview, the requested i do this project that took a while for me to put together. After a week or two without hearing anything, they scheduled a call with me only to be late by hours only to tell me they are going with another candidate.

Waste of time.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Adyen (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

This was the first interview round which was about 35min. It started with giving brief introduction about my current role. Then was asked few questions on my previous projects and followup questions on the technologies I use. Few design related questions. Why Adyen and why are you looking for a career change? Encryption vs Hashing. How to perform SQL tuning. Explain Microservices Architecture, advantages and challenges of using it. Interview ended with questions to the interviewer.
    I was told by the recruiter that this would just be introductory call about myself, my technical experience and motivations. Not only the interview has passed the time limit but also it was quite opposite to what was told by the recruiter like it was a in depth technical discussion irrespective of my knowledge in that domain.

Interview Questions

• Encryption vs Hashing?
      SQL Tuning
      Micro services architecture
      Why Adyen?
      Why planning for career move?   Answer Question

Risk Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Adyen.

Interview

The interviewer was constantly fidgeting during my response portions of the interview, which made me uneasy. The questions were repetitive from different interviewers, and HR's final rejection reason contradicts the positive feedback that I received earlier when I was moving forward in the interview rounds.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Adyen (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Very negative experience. Have more than 10 years experience and come in via a referral. First interview went great. Asked to do a case study and presentation. Put together a deck and was then told team reviewed and did not want to move forward the presentation took an entire day to build and they would then not even let me present. As someone who builds presentations and regularly presents to C level execs of some of the largest tech companies this was totally insulting. The company completely wasted my time. Never experienced anything remotely like this but see the others on Glassdoor it seems relatively common in feedback on Glassdoor for adyen. Careful with your time with them.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Adyen.

Interview

Have 6 years of POS experience; projects, new store builds, relocation, Linux server setups. Wouldn't even talk to me. Stated my resume is not a match. What on earth are they looking for is beyond me.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Adyen (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

I agree with the comment from October 2020 that it was a waste of time. I also found that the interviewers weren't diverse. It is too bad since one of the company's guidelines is "We include different people to sharpen our ideas." (Be wary of a company like Adyen that pretends to care but the reality is a white boys/girls club.) If you are a minority, you are better off somewhere else. Don't waste your time.

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Process involved phone screen, manager video call, case study, in-person interview and presentations, final round interview with leaders of Americas region. The process was fairly smooth, everyone was genuinely great until I got to the final round. I understand the rigor of a senior executive's schedule, but both executives were late by 10+ minutes. It left a bad taste in my mouth. Luckily, they did not offer me the job.

Project Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Adyen (New York, NY (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Applied with 10+ years of experience in project management in the POS payment industry even though they only asked for 3-4. I also had a letter of recommendation from the CEO of an enterprise retail merchant.

After 5 rounds and 3 weeks of successful interviews, I was told I don't have experience with enterprise merchants.

If enterprise client experience was an issue, why wasn't I initially screened for this instead of wasting everyone's time through 5 rounds of interviews?

I asked my interviewers on LinkedIn for feedback and I was told I had the right experience for this role but I could be more specific answering some of their questions. There was no mention of enterprise clients being an issue.

Not sure what these guys want. Not sure they know either?

Interview Questions

• Why Adyen?   1 Answer
    • Have you heard of the Adyen formula?   1 Answer
    • Explain how you dealt with a difficult colleague.   1 Answer
    • Who is your biggest client?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to participate in annual trips to Amsterdam and/or San Francisco?   1 Answer
    • What is your most difficult project?   1 Answer

Human Resource Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Adyen (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

From start to finish one of the most respectful and enjoyable (yes enjoyable) interview processes I've had in a very long time. I only say "difficult" because it was challenging, but in all the ways interviews SHOULD be. I felt respected and cared for as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about what I saw my own potential to be. More companies should ask in addition to evaluating relevant experience. The interview stage is an often missed opportunity to discuss career development.   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Adyen (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter. She was friendly, and the conversation was easy--focused on my background and why I was interested in Adyen. She was very vague about the role requirements and the compensation, and could have provided more details given it was a screening call for both of us. I did enjoy the conversation with her and others, and could see the emphasis on company culture. However, the recruiter's responses were always very delayed when communicating next steps, and every single email she sent me contained multiple typing errors. It really turned me off to the professionalism of the company and what they are portraying externally, and was leagues behind my interview experience with other companies at the same time (who followed up quickly, provided clear expectations for the interview process, and clear expectations for role requirements). I'm glad I had the opportunity to learn more about the company, but decided not to move forward in the interview process due to the lack of professionalism.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.