Allstate Northern Ireland Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Allstate Northern Ireland Interview Questions

Interviews at Allstate Northern Ireland

2.9

Junior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland (Bothell, WA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I passed a screening interview and technical interview over the phone first. In my phone interview, there were a few pseudo code questions and a case study. At the on-site interview, there were 4 interviews plus lunch: behavioral, a technical presentation (by me, prepared beforehand), lunch, code, and case study. I think my favorite part of the interview was the case study - they were really interested in if I can think and use logic to process information, not if I was the most technical, code-wise person ever. For the on-site case study (1 hour segment), I was given a set of data and asked how I could use it to get relevant data to insurance policies, how to give a summary of this data, etc.

Interview Questions

• There is no function that will automatically find the mean. Please tell us the pseudo code you would use to create this function.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online, and after a few weeks I received a mail: they were interested on my profile and we arranged a skype meeting.

We talked about my job experience and Java skills. I'm always nervous with interviews, but this time was completly different because they were very kind and comprehensive. Well, this was a nice and friendly interview.

I didn't get the job, but the overall experience was very positive, my feedback about the recruiting process and Allstate Northern Ireland is fantastic.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult: a few time skype had a bit of lag and I missed a question, but they had no problem on reasking the question.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Strabane, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland (Strabane, Northern Ireland) in April 2012.

Interview

Attended a open day for open positions, had a short interview, then attended a aptitude test, followed by a formal interview.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in September 2017.

Interview

Group Assessment - Grouped with other graduates and take part in a group assessment, very relaxed environment.
    Interview - two on the panel, nothing too technical or difficult asked, asked to give examples of working in a group/using own initiative/dealt with a challenge etc.

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in August 2016.

Interview

First was to attend an assessment and teams were made up of all the applicants. We were tasked with coming up with an app idea. A supervisor was assigned to each group and evaluated each member of the team during the process, mainly focusing on team skills and how well you put forward your ideas or worked with other people.

After that, if you passed the assessment I was called for an interview that lasted about an hour with a member of Recruitment staff and a member of staff with Technical background

After that I was asked to attend an individual assessment in which paired programming skills were tested. I had already received confirmation of being offered a job, this part was just to filter successful applicants into their best fitted technical areas

Interview Questions

• Basic competency questions, as well questions regarding software development cycle   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in November 2016.

Interview

There was two interviews, the first was a practical exam and second was a face to face. Practical exam was about 30 multiple choice IT related questions. Overall the process was fine. The face to face was mostly focussed on how you work in a team and things that might benefit your application like personal projects outside of college.

Interview Questions

• Outline your role in a team.   1 Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in June 2014.

Interview

One face to face interview, which was a HR representative and Technical representative. It was a very much laid back interview and i was made to feel at ease.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in July 2009.

Interview

1 to 1 interview, standard behavioural questions

Negotiation

none at entry level

Ratings Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Strabane, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland (Strabane, Northern Ireland) in February 2018.

Interview

Interview was scheduled incorrectly originally, I turned up and no one was there. Mishap with HR, accidents happen .
    Turned up a week later to interview.
    Panel of 2, a manager and a technical lead.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you encountered a problem, how you identified it and how it turned out afterwards.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when attention to detail played an important role in the outcome of a project and how you used this.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Allstate Northern Ireland.

Interview

Applied through their website.
    Interview arranged quickly.
    Interviewers done their best to make the interview process informal and non stressful.
    They asked a set list of questions
    Helped get additional information from the interviewee to help get all the relevant information.
    One of the best interview experiences I have had in a while

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.