American Chemical Society Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 39 of over 39 interviews

Employee Referral6%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

American Chemical Society

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at American Chemical Society

Interview

The interview itself was fantastic. I was very excited about this job opportunity. My experience with HR was horrendous. So unprofessional on the phone and via email. Specifically Gwen from the Washington DC location. The salary they offered was insulting. I decided not to take the job.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you a good fit?
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Chemical Society (Columbus, OH) in Sep 2021

Interview

Interview process was wonderful with the recruiter. Hiring manager was another story. He was extremely arrogant. He advised me he was looking for the “perfect candidate”. Wise up, there is no perfect candidate, we all are NOT perfect. When hiring candidates, you look for best fit for the role, some skills might not be there, but overall fit is important. Also, when interviewing, SILENCE all electronic notifications, PLEASE! So rude, I have been in several interviews that have hiring managers not focusing on an interview, just like this one. Also interesting that 2 months later you are still posting the job with “urgency”. Guess that perfect candidate isn’t there…. And neither is the hiring manager :)

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with a employee not meeting min standards?

American Chemical Society

Application

I interviewed at American Chemical Society

Interview

4 part process. Standard HR phone screen (15 min). Interview with managers for job overview and basic situational questions. Interviewed with team members. Interview with Senior Director and VP of division.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell me about a time a project you were working on did not go well and what did you do.

American Chemical Society

Application

I interviewed at American Chemical Society

Interview

Multiple interviews via an online teleconferencing platform with HR, potential manager, upper level supervisors and co-workers across different levels. The interview was in stages and I had to progress through each one.

Interview Questions
  • What is your leadership style?
  • How do you handle difficult conversations?

American Chemical Society

Application

I interviewed at American Chemical Society

Interview

Throughout the application and interview process, they had never updated me or kept me in the loop of what the status update is. Every step of the way, I had to constantly follow up to see what the update is. They lack of professionalism in that regard and during my interview, the workers seemed like they hated their jobs and had very low energy and dynamic. Definitely would not like to work here if that's how the work environment is.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Chemical Society (Washington, DC) in Oct 2020

Interview

HR phone interview, took about 1 hour. The representative was not a scientist. I explicitly asked about the company's decision after the fact and haver never heard anything. One of the least professional interactions I have ever had.

Interview Questions
  • What was a time you encountered a difficult situation at work?

American Chemical Society

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Chemical Society

Interview

The resume screening took a few months. Got a video interview with the hiring manager roughly 2-3 months later. The interview was very relaxed and was mostly behavioral. I got an offer that same week!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Chemical Society (Oxford, England) in Jun 2020

Interview

I had five interviews in total, and then did not hear from the ACS for several weeks. I chased them after a couple of months, they told me that I did not get the role, and apologised for not responding. I asked for feedback on why I was not successful. This was in August 2020 and I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

American Chemical Society

Application

I interviewed at American Chemical Society

Interview

Only a few rounds of well structured interviews. Since I am a student, the interviews were over the phone and then via video chat. Very personable and conversation provoking questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

American Chemical Society

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Chemical Society

Interview

Fairly easy process. There was a questionnaire and then I moved on to a video interview with the hiring manager. The process took a bit, probably around 2-3 months from application to offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 39 Interviews