Anadarko Petroleum Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Anadarko Petroleum Interview Questions

Interviews at Anadarko Petroleum

2.8

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in January 2012.

Interview

I've been a contractor over a year and still haven't been accepted for an interview even with great referrals.

Interview Questions

• I received the "We're working on getting a position open" often.   3 Answers

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in September 2015.

Interview

After applying on my University’s Career Center website, I was selected to interview with Anadarko. Next, you are interviewed by 1-2 engineers who are usually alumni from your university. It’s a casual interview compared to other companies such as Exxon and all.

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Marietta, OH (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

I received an interview through my school. The interviewer shirked off some of my experience after I explained it, saying he was in that program. The interviewer was very serious and and made me a little uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• How many barrels of oil could you fit into a particular building on campus?   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Two rounds of on-campus interviews. The first interview was with two engineers, The second was a panel-style interview with four engineers. All of the interviewers were extremely friendly and professional and made the process very easy. Very professional and organized, I enjoyed speaking with them.

Interview Questions

• Which of our core values do you think is most important and why?   Answer Question

Petroleum Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Lubbock, TX (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to. There was a pre-interview where they narrowed their initial candidates down. In this interview they just want you to talk about yourself and went through my resume. Before the 2nd round interviews they took about 20 of the candidates out to dinner to get to know everyone a bit better. Again, this was very low pressure and pretty laid back. From this dinner they narrowed down the candidates to about 14 people to be interviewed for the second round. I did not make it to the second round but did attend the dinner. They called me personally to let me know that I did not make it, which was nice. I heard from others who did have a 2nd interview that they mostly asked questions and talked about their previous intern experiences and projects they have worked on. Awesome company.

Petrophysicist Interview

Interview

First two interviews were over the phone. Very casual conversations. Invited to a whole day interview. Very polite, respectful, and talented people. Interviewed with a panel and then by teams of two/three. People are very spirited and enjoy working there. Very proud employees. Very enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Interview requires mastery in public speaking skills. No real surprises. Clear expectations were set upfront. Very professional team leads interviewing in groups.   Answer Question

ITS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

They invite you to a candidates dinner and then have one face to face interview. Everything is behavioral. The interviewers were really nice. It ended up being just a conversation.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum.

Interview

Really bad, because they ask you to record your interview and then send it to them. So if you are camera conscious you are toasted. Bad way to rule out good candidates. Lack of human interaction. No phone interview and no personal interaction!

Interview Questions

• One feels stupid looking into the camera and answering questions. And you have 2-3 chances to time yourself. Gave only a day and a half to submit the interview.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum (Houston, TX (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

Received an e-mail saying I got an interview.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. They asked about team work and so forth. I mostly spoke about myself and my experiences for half an hour.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anadarko Petroleum in September 2017.

Interview

It was a campus interview. Questions varied for each person. They start out broad but then ask specific questions based on your resume. Questions are more of "get to know you" rather than "how many skittles would it take to fill the Gulf of Mexico"

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.