BAE Systems Interview Questions

Updated 28 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 279 of over 279 interviews

Recruiter4%
In Person3%
HardAverageEasy

BAE Systems

Application

I interviewed at BAE Systems

Interview

Quite neat, the interviewers were really nice, was a cool conversation. I initially took an online test, then video interview then the phone interview as they mention on their site.

Interview Questions
  • They asked technical questions about the job I was applying to.
    1 Answer

BAE Systems

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 months. I interviewed at BAE Systems

Interview

The process took so long. Applied in September 2020, got invited to online tests in January 2021, followed by a video interview in mid-late Feb 2020. Received an email saying that I have passed the video interview in mid-March, and was told that will be contacted in due course. Since I heard nothing from them for almost a month, I called in and sent an email to ask for any updates, but was given very scripted and generic answers. In late April 2021, HR sent out a very confusing email and followed by an apology email afterward explaining the situation. BAE always mentioned this in the email: "You have passed the video interview stage and should you be selected, you will be contacted." I can say quite a lot of people and students are in the same position as mine as seen from other online forums. With this poor management in HR and long process (without any updates even when you ask for it), they are still actively hiring new positions, especially graduates. How will they process this backlog of applications if they continue to accept new ones every day? I am currently still in the position of waiting for their invitation to the final stage interview. I have seen cases that the time-lapse between vid interview and tel/face-2-face interview is over a year for Graduate roles. I know it might depend on location and job sectors, for the information, I applied for the role in Warton. Please can BAE face this issue more directly and improve the situation? The HR department, possibly, is behind this. However, as the face of the company at the recruitment level, it really shows how poor the management is and that you guys do not treat graduate student applicants well and informed. Please would you just send an email saying that you have failed to meet criteria blah blah blah, and whatever reason rather than kept us waiting for months and months? BAE SHAME ON YOU!!!

Interview Questions
  • Describe one occasion where you have to describe a complicated thing to others.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems (Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland)

Interview

2 rounds of interviews both are telephonic rounds First one is general discussion about roles and responsibilities with recruiter Second round with two team leaders to ask about high level technical questions and competency based questions

Interview Questions
  • describe a situation you followed safety measures in your role

BAE Systems

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems

Interview

THIRTY DAYS after I submitted an application, I received a phone call from a recruiter to setup a phone interview. About 2 weeks later, I had the phone interview with 2 department employees. Shortly after that, I was emailed information for a face to face interview 2 weeks later. Total time elapsed: 8 weeks. Then, crickets. I thought it would be about 2-3 weeks, but nothing. I think it is a real shame that potential employees spend SO MUCH time on this interview process (phone interview prep, phone interview, face to face interview prep, driving to BAE, the face to face interview itself, and then the drive home) and BAE doesn't have the professional courtesy to let someone know that they didn't get the job. That is either POOR office policy or a POOR HR department who lacks follow-up skills. The worst thing about this scenario is that this isn't the first time this happened to me!

Interview Questions
  • All standard questions. It was a panel interview and they read a script of questions from HR.

BAE Systems

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems

Interview

video interview asked 6 questions all about me as a person. The questions were asked by current apprentices, I was given 20 seconds to prepare and 2:30 minutes to answer.

Interview Questions
  • What was a time you had to explain something complicated to another person? How did you do this?
  • Describe one of your hobbies.

BAE Systems

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BAE Systems

Interview

Assessment (english test, numerical reasoning , SJTetc.) followed by online video interview (5-6 questions) not too technical, focus on your attitude towards problem solving in working environment. it also covers some day to day questions of your own self.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

BAE Systems

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BAE Systems in Mar 2021

Interview

Quite a few stages which ranged from fairly easy to quite challenging. Stage 1 - application form Stage 2 - aptitude tests such as numerical and verbal reasoning etc Stage 3 - recorded video interview where you record yourself answering a few questions (hirevue) Stage 4 - 'Live' interview which was over the phone due to covid Stage 5 - offer if successful

Interview Questions
  • What does commercial awareness mean to you?
  • What are 3 strengths you have?
  • Do you prefer a collaborative or an individual work environment?
  • Technical questions were more conversational where you would work through your thinking with the interviewer, advice would be say everything you're thinking out loud so that they can see your thought process etc.
2 people found this interview helpful

BAE Systems

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at BAE Systems (Portsmouth, South East England, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

Great process, clear and well informed throughout. Pre interview information pack was very helpful, as well as having the option to select interview date/time. The interview was made pleasant by the interviewer with high regard for ensuring the best possible understanding of my skills and abilities were extracted and understood.

Interview Questions
  • The questions asked were applicable to the role and were clearly well thought out

BAE Systems

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BAE Systems in Mar 2021

Interview

It was a first-stage telephone interview with a few questions including a couple of technical questions. While I didn't get the job, the person on the phone was pleasant, professional and put me at ease.

Interview Questions
  • One was about the reasons for overriding the Java equals and hashCode methods.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poole, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at BAE Systems (Poole, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

After applying you will be requested to do a series of assessments that are timed based and require you to search through sets of data and make judgements. Moving forward from this I was asked to do a interview on the hirevue platform. This interview was more personal questions in addition to not being face to face but a pre recorded video of questions that you answer. Finally I am moving onto the next stage - face to face interview but covid means it will be over a video call.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about an hobby/interest why? how?
  • tell us about a time you face a challenge.How did you overcome this challenge?
  • Have you ever led a team?If so when?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 279 Interviews