Bus Eireann Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5 of over 5 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bus Eireann

Bus Eireann

Application

I interviewed at Bus Eireann

Interview

The interview was online as it was during Covid. It started with basic details including name, age, education etc. I was asked about how I have reacted to different situations during my life and then a question about the engine of abus, which I didn't know the answer to as I have no experience working in mechanics or have any relations that do, which I believe is unfair as it likely let me down at the end of a good interview.

Interview Questions
  • A technical question about the bus's engine
    Answer Question

Bus Eireann

Application

I interviewed at Bus Eireann

Interview

Relaxed and easy. Nothing to hard basic maths . Go presentable and clean shaven. Interview done at Broadstone depot. Then a test of driving skills. Driving around the yard and then taken out on the road and driving assessment whilst driving.

Interview Questions
  • Questions on maths,adding and subtraction.

Bus Eireann

Application

I interviewed at Bus Eireann

Interview

Applied Online Directly, received mail to confirm interest! No response. [still waiting] ?. Same Position was filled three months later by a work colleague, after being contacted by a recruiter !! Surprised by their mishandling and lack of business ethics.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bus Eireann

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Bus Eireann in Jul 2019

Interview

Do not forget any of the documents they tell you to bring as they refused me on the spot because I didn't have any school results. I only just sat my leaving cert and certainly didnt keep hold of my junior cert even after showing them school reports from the last 3 school exams

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athlone

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Bus Eireann (Athlone) in May 2018

Interview

Applied online and completed 5 aptitude tests that were fairly easy. Had to submit examination results as part of the application process. Spent some time and money getting all relevant paperwork for the application. I received an email some weeks after to attend an interview in Athlone which required more time and expense getting paperwork. All communication from the company was via email, no phone calls or person to person communication. Very unprofessional and somewhat cloak and dagger. Eventually interviewed in Prince of Wales hotel in Athlone for the Athlone garage. Attended interview with two interview panel members. Both were obviously rushing through the interview process as a chore and not really taking time to note answers to questions. All notes taken by interviewers were illegible squiggles. I forgot to show my driving license and asked them during the interview if they needed to see or copy it for their paperwork. They just said 'no, it's fine'. Enough said. It was obvious that this interview procedure was merely a formality and the selected candidate was probably already picked before interviews even took place. Nothing new in cronyist Ireland especially in semi-state companies like this or Bord Na Mona, HSE, ESB etc. I only attended the interview so that I would have proof if the Dept. of Social Protection asked me about applying for work, other than that I wouldn't have wasted my time or money going through the application process. The application process and experience might suit school leavers but if you are past 25 or 30 don't waste your time, energy or money. These are jobs for the lads, hand picked and are free to do as they are told. It is highly insulting to waste peoples time and money going through an application process that is never going to yield any results. Best advice to future applicants, stay put and don't waste your time or money.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed