Cavendish Nuclear Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cavendish Nuclear Interview Questions

Interviews at Cavendish Nuclear

Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cavendish Nuclear in December 2018.

Interview

The whole application process consists of a standard graduate scheme - application, psychometric tests, interview and assessment centre. The interview consisted of a few competency based questions, lasting around 15 minutes and was done by a current graduate.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loughborough, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cavendish Nuclear (Loughborough, England) in January 2018.

Interview

2 day assessment centre involving a group discussion about non-engineering topics, a group problem solving challenge, a mini exam testing general engineering knowledge, a written exercise (creating a small business report) and a technical interview requiring a 10 minute presentation at the start.

We also had the chance to talk to the assessors at mealtimes and in the evening of the first day. The food and accommodation was really good, and the whole process covered everything I could expect from an assessment centre.

The mini exam was quite challenging but everything else was quite enjoyable. The interview was friendly and reasonably relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to follow rigid rules (socially or at university/work).   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a group project you have completed and the role you took within it.   Answer Question

Head of Process Capability Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cavendish Nuclear (Warrington, North West England, England) in March 2017.

Interview

Online application form, Invited for interview - to include preparing a 10 minute presentation on the topic: "What 3 attributes does a successful Functional Head require?"
    Interview took over an hour - validating skills / knowledge covered in CV and application form, discussing the potential role/scope, asking searching questions .
    Unfortunately, the communication after the interview finished was very poor - no updates, no response either way (for a shortlisted position). Eventually got feedback many months later after many emails / phone calls. Put me off wanting to work for them in the future.

Interview Questions

• what is you 'First-100 day plan' if you get the position?   1 Answer

Graduate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Cavendish Nuclear (Leicester, England) in January 2017.

Interview

2 day assessment day. 1st day team exercises and second day individual assessments, with a dinner with company ambassadors thrown in-between. Despite being a very thorough interview process the team at Cavendish Nuclear made everyone very comfortable and it was an enjoyable experience. Very typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• When did you demonstrate innovation in a challenging project?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daresbury, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cavendish Nuclear (Daresbury, England) in December 2016.

Interview

Not great, interviewer was more interested in his 4 litre 1 series than looking at my CV and asked me inane questions about work and qualifications. He seemed to just be wasting time to strove his worth to senior management.

Interview Questions

• Where did I work, what software packages have I used and boring statements about Liverpool Football Club and how much he hated the Sellafield Per-ops manager because he was not a UKAEA Apprentice and he was giving his mate a hard time, Interviewer was just going through the motions   1 Answer

Principal Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cavendish Nuclear in February 2014.

Interview

There was a telephone interview for about an hour with my future manager, followed a couple of weeks later by a face to face with a small panel that involved a technical exercise, followed by a presentation and then questioning on the presentation and my CV. It was quite a lengthy interview due to the hour I had to prepare the presentation and develop a solution for the technical exercise.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember and difficult or unexpected questions being asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one. They made me an offer over what I was expecting so I took it. Didn't actually discuss salary in the interview.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.