Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group

Stage Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group.

Interview

The interview was a 15-minute skype meeting with all of the GSMs currently in the Las Vegas division. It was quick and efficient. At the end they allowed you to ask questions if you had any.

Rigger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews to clear me for a video interview with the internal trainer all taking more than 1 month in total from first reply from CDS to start of job

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in a situation where somebody's life was your responsibility?   1 Answer
    • Do you understand that you can be held in a civil lawsuit if you are found to be responsible for not adhering the scope of work defined   2 Answers

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group (New York, NY (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

The interviewer requested a phone screening and then never called. We rescheduled for later that day and she didn't show for that call either. After that she never followed up or apologized. I followed up and we rescheduled for a third time and she didn't call again. Very disrespectful and disorganized. Was too "busy" to keep her appointments.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you instituted a new process   Answer Question

Stage Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group (Las Vegas, NV (US)).

Interview

One cannot get an interview with this company unless you know someone on the inside. It's absolutely impossible. You also have to know someone on the inside to get the interview and the job you're applying for. No experience necessary at all, just connections. Good connections.

Senior Advisor Culture Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Job was posted twice before I was called for an interview, February and March. I had to ask the recruiter if I was still being considered. After one interview, I was told I would be scheduled for a 2nd interview, but from March - June I didn't hear anything. The job was posted a 3rd time, with a slightly different title, and again I asked the recruiter if I needed to reapply. I was told my second interview would be soon. Middle of June, I got the automated response that I was not selected, but never had the 2nd interview. VERY poor communications and slow timeline!

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with doing menial tasks as well as managing projects   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group (Las Vegas, NV (US)).

Interview

Anyone can get a job here if you know someone there, regardless of your theater experience.
    I knew someone in the company already and he got me in for interview. Later I learned that anyone with no theater background can obtain an interview and get a job as long as you know someone in the inside.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not hard, just basic stuff. How long did you do this? Why did you apply for this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation. You have to get the job for what they offered you.

Performer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

An intense audition experience with multiple levels that involves heavy improv and physical skills - when auditioning for a character. Had several challenges to enact various scenarios on the spot and they also cut people along the way. If you make it to the end, you are placed in the database for future consideration.

Stage Carpenter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group (Las Vegas, NV (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

Straight forward interview process with the Head of Dept and Assistant Head of Department. They went over my experience and asked about how I handle conflict and different scenarios to assess my personality and how I would work with their team. It was very casual at times where we talked about my passion for cooking.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to commit 3 years to this job?   1 Answer

Assistant Stage Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group (Las Vegas, NV (US)).

Interview

I was a bit caught off guard by the phone interview which was more of a personality test. There were no job related questions. It was all things such as "what is your favorite color." Other than that, everyone was very pleasant, and I really enjoyed interacting with everyone from the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite color?   1 Answer

Cook On Tour Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group.

Interview

Applied on line. Got called immediately. They wouldn't commit to a salary offer in e-mail, only on the phone. Pretty shady. Very limited interview. Didn't ask important questions pertaining to experience.

Negotiation

They don't like to negotiate. They also don't really know anything about food service so they don't ask the right questions. Many people who got the same job weren't qualified and stayed working for years and years. The interview process was far too simple. They called the last place I worked for a reference and they spoke with the dishwasher. Not a joke. They didn't even know who they were talking to. Good thing the dishwasher liked me a lot :)

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.